Print Thread
GLoomisNRX busted reel seat. #14738098 06/02/23 10:32 PM
R
reinke Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
R
Instead of sending rod in which they want $130 on what was sold to me as a full replacement warranty I was wondering if there was anybody on here that could replace the reel seat.

Re: GLoomisNRX busted reel seat. [Re: reinke] #14747364 06/12/23 07:19 PM
R
Rowdy Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
R
I just wish the Gloomis sticks still used Gary's original reel seat, never heard of one of those breaking. I have quite a few of his old GLX Stix that I would be hard pressed to part with. When Gary owned the company, there was no expense in any repair, not the case now. I understand if I was to send one of my old Stix in for a tip repair, they send you a stick back that also has the fuji reel seat, the very likes of what broke on yours.

I have done some of the rod tip replacement on a few of mine, those that had the little hard metal insert missing when I have bought them off the classified section here and the tip top insert was missing. I am not going to send any of my old Gloomis Stix in. I will just take them out of the boat and rack them for display only in the house. It's a real sad thing what they have done with Gary Loomis rods after they took ownership of it...

Re: GLoomisNRX busted reel seat. [Re: Rowdy] #14747429 06/12/23 08:36 PM
tmd11111 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Rowdy
I just wish the Gloomis sticks still used Gary's original reel seat, never heard of one of those breaking. I have quite a few of his old GLX Stix that I would be hard pressed to part with. When Gary owned the company, there was no expense in any repair, not the case now. I understand if I was to send one of my old Stix in for a tip repair, they send you a stick back that also has the fuji reel seat, the very likes of what broke on yours.

I have done some of the rod tip replacement on a few of mine, those that had the little hard metal insert missing when I have bought them off the classified section here and the tip top insert was missing. I am not going to send any of my old Gloomis Stix in. I will just take them out of the boat and rack them for display only in the house. It's a real sad thing what they have done with Gary Loomis rods after they took ownership of it...

Gary Loomis sold to Shimano in 1997. No offense to those who think he's some sort of god but those old rods don't compare in any way shape or form to todays GLoomis lineup.

Re: GLoomisNRX busted reel seat. [Re: reinke] #14748757 06/13/23 09:24 PM
R
Rowdy Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
R
No offense taken here, but where Gary may have fell short of being a God, he more than made up with customer service. He actually showed up at a FLW bass tournament I had drug my big trailer into and was working. He personally gave me a IMX demo stick to keep. Still have that rod too.

Now with all the new stuff they are doing, really doesn't matter how good the stick is if you just hate that cheesy fuji reel seat, my older Stix while the rod is no equal to the NRX, I much prefer the feel and sensitivity of Gary's original reel seat.

Then you add the fact that warranty on the stick is going to cost you 150 bucks to send it in and get it repaired, while I buy nothing but Shimano reels, I won't be buying any new Stix of theirs. The non-compete clause has expired between Gary Loomis and Shimano and Gary has a whole line of his new Stix now. Which does include customer service that Shimano really doesn't have if you get right down to it.

Re: GLoomisNRX busted reel seat. [Re: Rowdy] #14748783 06/13/23 09:37 PM
tmd11111 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Rowdy
No offense taken here, but where Gary may have fell short of being a God, he more than made up with customer service. He actually showed up at a FLW bass tournament I had drug my big trailer into and was working. He personally gave me a IMX demo stick to keep. Still have that rod too.

Now with all the new stuff they are doing, really doesn't matter how good the stick is if you just hate that cheesy fuji reel seat, my older Stix while the rod is no equal to the NRX, I much prefer the feel and sensitivity of Gary's original reel seat.

Then you add the fact that warranty on the stick is going to cost you 150 bucks to send it in and get it repaired, while I buy nothing but Shimano reels, I won't be buying any new Stix of theirs. The non-compete clause has expired between Gary Loomis and Shimano and Gary has a whole line of his new Stix now. Which does include customer service that Shimano really doesn't have if you get right down to it.

Gary may be a great rod designer but sucks as a business man. His Edge rods are a joke at best. I have two that look like they were assembled by a drink monkey and customer service is non existent.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide