texasfishingforum.com logo
Main Menu
Advertisement
Affiliates
Advertisement
Newest Members
Cameron Gose, Jetskirentals512, Flashin Assassin Lures, SoonerTex0623, Bobby J.
119181 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
hopalong 121,013
TexDawg 119,783
Bigbob_FTW 95,321
Pilothawk 83,274
Bob Davis 82,326
Mark Perry 72,486
JDavis7873ฎ 67,416
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics1,038,899
Posts13,955,000
Members144,181
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Why did this happen? #14736545 06/01/23 01:26 PM
D
Dogfish_Jones Online Content OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Online Content
TFF Team Angler
D
https://www.wired2fish.com/news/stracner-out-at-sabine-elite-series

Fill me in on why you cannot get a fishing license in Texas. Here in Alabama, you just pay the price and you get a license. Mind you out of state on are rather high but I'm sure that is across the board as that goes.

2020 Nitro Z20, Mercury 250xp 4 stroke
"Sometimes I have to remind myself that it is called Fishing and not catching"
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Why did this happen? [Re: Dogfish_Jones] #14736562 06/01/23 01:35 PM
G
grout-scout Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G
Well, I was wrong.

Last edited by grout-scout; 06/01/23 10:26 PM.
Re: Why did this happen? [Re: Dogfish_Jones] #14736623 06/01/23 02:38 PM
B
beartrap Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
B
see below

Last edited by beartrap; 06/01/23 02:43 PM.
Re: Why did this happen? [Re: Dogfish_Jones] #14736626 06/01/23 02:39 PM
B
beartrap Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
B
below are my comments on the debate we had on the guy who got won the $100,000. tournamwent on wright-patman but got disqualified because of a screw-up buying his license on-line....this is probably going to cost Stracner a chance to fish the classic and and possible sponsorship losses...TPWD would not have given him a ticket under the circumstances (or a judge would have thrown out the ticket) and B.A.S.S. should have allowed him to fish....with all the screwups buying licenses going on,BASS and all tournament organizations need to get out of enforcing license purchase....

""I believe there is 7 mentions of people with license/transaction problems on BBC forum thread and couple on here...I know of 3 beside myself who had problems a few years ago here in Georgia....one of the problems in my area is that not many places sell licenses and if you go to wal-mart the sporting goods section may not have anybody on duty to write licenses....that was mentioned by the man who got disqualified and he tried at walmart but then had to try to do his icenses himself with his phone.""..

Last edited by beartrap; 06/01/23 02:42 PM.
Re: Why did this happen? [Re: Dogfish_Jones] #14736642 06/01/23 02:54 PM
Chris B Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
I believe he got a ticket for no license in South Dakota during a prefishing trip. Apparently some states have a law that if you are ticketed for this you canโ€™t buy a license for one year.

[Linked Image]
I hate photobucket.
Re: Why did this happen? [Re: Dogfish_Jones] #14736676 06/01/23 03:03 PM
BMCD Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Could be a child support issue in Texas. If you owe back child support and have not been making payments you can get denied. I believe there are other reasons too. Just guesses at this point.

If he has any issue in the state of Texas, could be reasons he is getting denied.

Re: Why did this happen? [Re: BMCD] #14736686 06/01/23 03:09 PM
C
ChanceHuiet Online Happy
TFF Celebrity
Online Happy
TFF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted by BMCD
Could be a child support issue in Texas. If you owe back child support and have not been making payments you can get denied. I believe there are other reasons too. Just guesses at this point.

If he has any issue in the state of Texas, could be reasons he is getting denied.

He literally explained why he got denied. He stated he got a ticket for no license in another state. Texas and that state are part of of a group that if you get that said ticket in one you lose license privileges for a year in all.

Originally Posted by lakeforkfisherman
I can backlash toilet paper.
Re: Why did this happen? [Re: Dogfish_Jones] #14736770 06/01/23 04:30 PM
Mark Perry Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak

Re: Why did this happen? [Re: beartrap] #14736775 06/01/23 04:33 PM
B
beartrap Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by beartrap
below are my comments on the debate we had on the guy who got won the $100,000. tournamwent on wright-patman but got disqualified because of a screw-up buying his license on-line....this is probably going to cost Stracner a chance to fish the classic and and possible sponsorship losses...TPWD would not have given him a ticket under the circumstances (or a judge would have thrown out the ticket) and B.A.S.S. should have allowed him to fish....with all the screwups buying licenses going on,BASS and all tournament organizations need to get out of enforcing license purchase....

""I believe there is 7 mentions of people with license/transaction problems on BBC forum thread and couple on here...I know of 3 beside myself who had problems a few years ago here in Georgia....one of the problems in my area is that not many places sell licenses and if you go to wal-mart the sporting goods section may not have anybody on duty to write licenses....that was mentioned by the man who got disqualified and he tried at walmart but then had to try to do his icenses himself with his phone.""..

if he deliberately didn't buy a license in another state,he deserves the multi-state penalty....if it was simple oversight,IMHO the penalty is too severe....and i know there will be those who disagree because they believe failure to zip up your life jacket deserves just as severe penalty as those who are getting fish out of a basket...

Last edited by beartrap; 06/01/23 04:34 PM.
Re: Why did this happen? [Re: beartrap] #14736783 06/01/23 04:40 PM
Chris B Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru

if he deliberately didn't buy a license in another state,he deserves the multi-state penalty....if it was simple oversight,IMHO the penalty is too severe....and i know there will be those who disagree because they believe failure to zip up your life jacket deserves just as severe penalty as those who are getting fish out of a basket...

So do you think BASS should let him still fish without a license?

[Linked Image]
I hate photobucket.
Re: Why did this happen? [Re: beartrap] #14736787 06/01/23 04:44 PM
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak

Why is it always someone else's fault?

Re: Why did this happen? [Re: Mark Perry] #14736798 06/01/23 04:53 PM
A
avid_basser Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
A
Originally Posted by Mark Perry

Because no one owns anything any more. It's everyone else's issue.

Re: Why did this happen? [Re: Dogfish_Jones] #14736810 06/01/23 05:08 PM
Brent S Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Forgot to buy a fishing license? That deserves the electric chair or a public stoning.

Re: Why did this happen? [Re: avid_basser] #14736812 06/01/23 05:10 PM
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
Originally Posted by avid_basser
Originally Posted by Mark Perry

Because no one owns anything any more. It's everyone else's issue.

The schedules are released well in advance for a guy to have plenty of time to look up everything required to be legal in each state. As for as buying a license online I don't understand not checking and double checking that it went through. If in doubt contact that agency to get it corrected and keep the TD in the loop.

If a guy doesn't verify or forgets to buy one then it's on him. 99 other guys figured out a way to get it done.

In this case sounds like it's a state issue and not a BASS issue. No way BASS could knowingly let him fish without a license. I doubt a game warden would let it slide either if he was checked.

Re: Why did this happen? [Re: Dogfish_Jones] #14736832 06/01/23 05:23 PM
U
Used2fish Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
U
I know there are several states that reciprocate that deal. Texas Louisiana Arkansas Oklahoma Louisiana Kansas I believe are all in.

Mess around and give up your ability to hunt or fish in 7 states. Be a miserable few years.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide