texasfishingforum.com logo
Main Menu
Advertisement
Affiliates
Advertisement
Newest Members
Cameron Gose, Jetskirentals512, Flashin Assassin Lures, SoonerTex0623, Bobby J.
119181 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
hopalong 121,013
TexDawg 119,783
Bigbob_FTW 95,321
John175☮ 85,918
Pilothawk 83,274
Bob Davis 82,326
Mark Perry 72,486
Derek 🐝 68,321
JDavis7873 67,416
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics1,038,896
Posts13,954,968
Members144,181
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: BASS Elites Sabine River [Re: Jimfishes] #14736842 06/01/23 05:36 PM
shotgunwilly Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
If you think the Sabine is the worst fishery in Texas you have either never been there or you are really really bad at fishing.

It’s a blast to fish. Has incredible cover to fish a wide variety of ways and has crazy numbers of bass and all species. Yes, a “giant” is relative there like it is anywhere, but that doesn’t make it a terrible fishery.

And as far as watching this event, it’s 10x more interesting than the northern smallmouth events.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: BASS Elites Sabine River [Re: Lone_Wolf] #14736844 06/01/23 05:36 PM
Mark Perry Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolf
PK?, meh too far away, they would be better off catching Lewisville on an up cycle.

No it's not. Its only 70 miles. They test ran the trip during the Ray Roberts Classic and you can get back from PK faster than you could from Roberts.

How exactly do you plan to catch a lake on an upcycle when you are planning and organizing 2-3 years out?

PK will turn some heads weight wise.

Re: BASS Elites Sabine River [Re: Jimfishes] #14736849 06/01/23 05:39 PM
Chris B Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
I hope they go to PK.

[Linked Image]
I hate photobucket.
Re: BASS Elites Sabine River [Re: shotgunwilly] #14736851 06/01/23 05:39 PM
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
Originally Posted by shotgunwilly
If you think the Sabine is the worst fishery in Texas you have either never been there or you are really really bad at fishing.

It’s a blast to fish. Has incredible cover to fish a wide variety of ways and has crazy numbers of bass and all species. Yes, a “giant” is relative there like it is anywhere, but that doesn’t make it a terrible fishery.

And as far as watching this event, it’s 10x more interesting than the northern smallmouth events.

Hard to argue with anything you posted.

Re: BASS Elites Sabine River [Re: Jimfishes] #14736892 06/01/23 06:11 PM
206champion Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
I would love to see BAAS have a classic on PK , I think the weights would be big.

Re: BASS Elites Sabine River [Re: 206champion] #14736913 06/01/23 06:32 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
Originally Posted by 206champion
I would love to see BAAS have a classic on PK , I think the weights would be big.

That's the worst idea I have ever heard. I don't want them anywhere near any lake I fish.

Re: BASS Elites Sabine River [Re: Jimfishes] #14736919 06/01/23 06:41 PM
rickys Offline
Angler
Angler
PK would definitely be interesting. I really enjoy fishing it. I've never had an incredible day there, but I always catch some really good quality fish there. They would put on a show there I'm sure. Beautiful lake too.

Re: BASS Elites Sabine River [Re: WAWI] #14736921 06/01/23 06:44 PM
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
Originally Posted by WAWI

That's the worst idea I have ever heard. I don't want them anywhere near any lake I fish.

I think you should prepare to be sad. They are coming.

Re: BASS Elites Sabine River [Re: shotgunwilly] #14736923 06/01/23 06:47 PM
H
Hizenbay Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
H
Shotgun Willy is 100% correct. Lots of water and you can catch em a variety of ways. Before the hurricanes moved things around, we would run into Shallow Prong and catch great numbers and I did see one north of 8 pounds come out on a bass assassin. But like I said, that was many moons ago.

Re: BASS Elites Sabine River [Re: shotgunwilly] #14736934 06/01/23 06:59 PM
T
Tx Tree Grower Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
[

Man you Bayou boys are sure sure sensitive about your swamp down there. First thing we need to do is work on our reading skills. I said it is the worst BASS fishery in the State. I stand by that 100%. If you count the Red River as a Texas fishery then maybe we have something to debate. I don't define how good a fishery is by the number of targets available to cast at. I define it by the actual quality of fish available to catch. Secondly, I love fishing Sabine Pass and Sabine lake all the way up into the river. One of the best Redfish, trout, and, flounder fisheries in the State. Low traffic compared to other areas on the coast. I kept an RV down there full time for years. Will again when I get more time. Like I said. Great place for a redfish tournament. Last place I'm gonna go to catch a bass.But hey, if you enjoy watching 10"-12" fish flying towards the heavens on every hook set then hunker down with some popcorn because you are about to get a dose of it.

Re: BASS Elites Sabine River [Re: Mark Perry] #14736936 06/01/23 07:00 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
Originally Posted by Mark Perry

Bassboatcentral.com

I heard a rumor recently. It is stupid. Last thing we need is a bunch of dead fish and a bunch of pot locking yankees coming down.

Re: BASS Elites Sabine River [Re: WAWI] #14736940 06/01/23 07:06 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S

Bassboatcentral.com

I heard a rumor recently. It is stupid. Last thing we need is a bunch of dead fish and a bunch of pot locking yankees coming down.

Dang WAWI. roflmao

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: BASS Elites Sabine River [Re: Tx Tree Grower] #14736941 06/01/23 07:07 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by Tx Tree Grower
[

Man you Bayou boys are sure sure sensitive about your swamp down there. First thing we need to do is work on our reading skills. I said it is the worst BASS fishery in the State. I stand by that 100%. If you count the Red River as a Texas fishery then maybe we have something to debate. I don't define how good a fishery is by the number of targets available to cast at. I define it by the actual quality of fish available to catch. Secondly, I love fishing Sabine Pass and Sabine lake all the way up into the river. One of the best Redfish, trout, and, flounder fisheries in the State. Low traffic compared to other areas on the coast. I kept an RV down there full time for years. Will again when I get more time. Like I said. Great place for a redfish tournament. Last place I'm gonna go to catch a bass.But hey, if you enjoy watching 10"-12" fish flying towards the heavens on every hook set then hunker down with some popcorn because you are about to get a dose of it.

roflmao
fish

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: BASS Elites Sabine River [Re: Tx Tree Grower] #14736964 06/01/23 07:25 PM
J
Jaredk Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
J
Originally Posted by Tx Tree Grower
[

You clearly have never been around San Antonio. Braunig, Calaveras, Medina, and Canyon…

Re: BASS Elites Sabine River [Re: WAWI] #14736976 06/01/23 07:36 PM
L
Lone_Wolf Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
L

Bassboatcentral.com

PK could be another Texas Classic debacle, instead of way high water like Roberts it will be way low water levels, Conroe, Ray Roberts, now PK, definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result hammer They just need to drop the slot for 3 days and hold the Classic on Fork.

Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide