Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Near Death Experiences [Re: Sawhorse] #14732818 05/27/23 05:54 PM
Brian Spagnola Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Sawhorse
Originally Posted by Brian Spagnola
Originally Posted by RATZ
Have a friend who had one got in a bad single car crash between post and Lubbock she swears she saw a cowboy who helped her get out of the burning car. They then care flighted her to Lubbock. She spent three weeks in icu where it was touch and go, but the cops and firemen have no clue how she got out of the car.

It was probably Jason Whitten, he's such a good guy.

Look there…you almost solved it and the cops and firemen walked away not even having a clue.

We could be like Starsky and Hutch, or Turner and Hootch.

Re: Near Death Experiences [Re: crapyetr] #14732835 05/27/23 06:44 PM
T
Ted Dyer Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
T
I ventured into The Bunker once, does that count?

flagtexas
Courage - knowing something will hurt and still doing it.
Stupidity - knowing something will hurt and still doing it.

That’s why life is difficult
Re: Near Death Experiences [Re: crapyetr] #14732839 05/27/23 06:51 PM
F
Finesse EMPEROR/ Dropshot King Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
F
Yep had a NDE for something that was supposed to be a simple out patient Gi surgery, everything was till I went home, and a few hours later I was bleeding internally so much that I needed blood products thankful for JPS that time.... But wasn't happy to get that trauma activation/surgery bill in the mail lol

Re: Near Death Experiences [Re: Brian Spagnola] #14732846 05/27/23 07:13 PM
gregpaul Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted by Brian Spagnola
Originally Posted by RATZ
Have a friend who had one got in a bad single car crash between post and Lubbock she swears she saw a cowboy who helped her get out of the burning car. They then care flighted her to Lubbock. She spent three weeks in icu where it was touch and go, but the cops and firemen have no clue how she got out of the car.

It was probably Jason Whitten, he's such a good guy.

Witten

Re: Near Death Experiences [Re: crapyetr] #14732847 05/27/23 07:15 PM
Tneel Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
2002 Cancun Mexico vacation, we were throwing a football around in the pool about sunset. When the pool lights came on my friends said they were getting shocked and headed to the edge as I did too. About 10 ft away the electric current hit me and contracted every muscle in my body. I sank to the bottom and all I could hear was the sound of electric current, I remember thinking I'm going to die right here and suddenly the electricity was gone and I floated to top. Every muscle in my body was sore for a few days.

Re: Near Death Experiences [Re: Tneel] #14732969 05/27/23 11:30 PM
butch sanders Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Tneel
2002 Cancun Mexico vacation, we were throwing a football around in the pool about sunset. When the pool lights came on my friends said they were getting shocked and headed to the edge as I did too. About 10 ft away the electric current hit me and contracted every muscle in my body. I sank to the bottom and all I could hear was the sound of electric current, I remember thinking I'm going to die right here and suddenly the electricity was gone and I floated to top. Every muscle in my body was sore for a few days.

wow
glad you made it

Re: Near Death Experiences [Re: Tneel] #14733011 05/28/23 12:30 AM
T
TxBassSniper Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
T
Originally Posted by Tneel

I had a similar experience as a kid. I was cat fishing off a boat dock at my grandparents lake house on Livingston. I cast my line off the end of the boat dock and was walking backwards to a 5 gallon bucket I was using as a seat when I mis stepped and fell into an empty boat stall. I didn't realize it at the time, but when I fell in I knocked an electric lantern in the water and it was still plugged in from the night before. When I came up the cord wrapped around my left arm and the whole left side of my body was numb and tingling. My first thought was that I was getting bit by a snake. As I reached over to knock it off with my right hand my right arm went numb. In a moment of clarity I realized what was happening so I decided to let myself start sinking to get the cord tight so I could pull it out of the socket. As I went under my life flashed before my eyes. Since I was only about 12 it didn't take long, but it was like I was going though a photo album of my life from that moment to birth in fast forward. The last image was of my dad holding me in his arms in a delivery room with a big smile on his face.
I got lucky, the cord unwrapped from my arm and I was able to swim under the dock to safety. I guess the man upstairs had other plans for me. A couple of years later my 5 year old cousin snuck out of my grandparents house and drown off the same dock, two stalls down from where I almost died.

Re: Near Death Experiences [Re: crapyetr] #14733062 05/28/23 01:52 AM
R
RayBob Offline
Super Freak
Super Freak
R
A lot of folks are telling tales of being near death which is not what the OP is alluding to.

A NDE is when you are aware of not being in your physical body and your spirit being elsewhere. Many describe a bright light or being in a place of awesome unworldly peace and beauty.

My MIL had an experience such as this. Didn't want to come back into her body due to the pain she had been in but was told to come back but not in an audible voice. She had died from an internal hemorrhage (GI bleed) but returned to her body. This happened over 30 years ago.

Advice? Wise men don't need it. Fools won't heed it.

Re: Near Death Experiences [Re: RayBob] #14733230 05/28/23 01:36 PM
C
crapyetr Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
C
<<<THIS>>> is what the stories are about; leaving the body, looking down on the situation, seeing Heaven, but being told NO, they still have work to be done

Originally Posted by RayBob
A lot of folks are telling tales of being near death which is not what the OP is alluding to.

A NDE is when you are aware of not being in your physical body and your spirit being elsewhere. Many describe a bright light or being in a place of awesome unworldly peace and beauty.

My MIL had an experience such as this. Didn't want to come back into her body due to the pain she had been in but was told to come back but not in an audible voice. She had died from an internal hemorrhage (GI bleed) but returned to her body. This happened over 30 years ago.

MERCY - not receiving what you deserve
GRACE - receiving what you don't deserve
America's MESS = God's miracle fixes
I'd rather walk with God with no questions answered than to walk thru life without Him and know the answers
Re: Near Death Experiences [Re: crapyetr] #14733243 05/28/23 01:53 PM
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
It’s real

Re: Near Death Experiences [Re: crapyetr] #14733327 05/28/23 04:10 PM
L
lconn4 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
L
I did my own out of body experiment after learning about what the CIA was doing after listening to Coast to Coast and Art Bell late one night... its real! roflmao No idea how long I was gone but came back when I reached up to touch my eyelids while eyeballs where where shifting left to right so fast I thought they were going to explode. Showed up at work the next day, the worst case of blood shot eyes in history.. explained to boss what had happened... sold every incoming call for cruise vacation package I took that day. I chit you not.

https://www.history.com/news/cia-esp-espionage-soviet-union-cold-war

Last edited by lconn4; 05/28/23 04:20 PM.

A good rule of angling philosophy is not to interfere with another fisherman's ways of being happy, unless you want to be hated.
Zane Grey, Tales of Fishes, 1919

https://vimeo.com/73372194
https://vimeo.com/72859045

Re: Near Death Experiences [Re: crapyetr] #14733740 05/29/23 02:26 AM
603Country Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
I died in the dentist’s chair when I was about 16 or 17. Dentist said I quit breathing and my heart quit beating and I died “but we got you back”. I had no out of body experience. It’s very hard to put into words to explain it all. My view is that you won’t know you died. I didn’t until I came back. It’s a hard concept to grasp. When you wake up from sleep you know you went to sleep.

Re: Near Death Experiences [Re: crapyetr] #14735556 05/31/23 11:59 AM
C
crapyetr Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
C
last chance; i'll find someone in the naborhood if one of yawl don't want it

Originally Posted by crapyetr
if you like to read about NDE's, this book has a bunch of really good stories; the author is an ICU doctor with 1st hand knowledge; pm you mail address and i'll send it to you

[Linked Image]

MERCY - not receiving what you deserve
GRACE - receiving what you don't deserve
America's MESS = God's miracle fixes
I'd rather walk with God with no questions answered than to walk thru life without Him and know the answers
Re: Near Death Experiences [Re: crapyetr] #14735614 05/31/23 01:01 PM
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
last chance; i'll find someone in the naborhood if one of yawl don't want it

if you like to read about NDE's, this book has a bunch of really good stories; the author is an ICU doctor with 1st hand knowledge; pm you mail address and i'll send it to you

[Linked Image]

I found 1 at Half Price
That’s a really nice gesture
Thanks
Have a great week

Re: Near Death Experiences [Re: crapyetr] #14735756 05/31/23 03:41 PM
R
ringer Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
R
i had one in Alaska and have told the story here. 20' tide came in and I was on the wrong side of the Seatuk river with 2 salmon on my hip, a .44 magnum and the old rubber waders. One of my customers was on the other side of the river. I took one step and went to the bottom in 9' of water. Bobbed up once and he was running back and forth in a panic. Bobbed up second time and sucked in air but mostly water. Went to the bottom heading 200 yards to the bay, leaning forward dragging my feet on the bottom. I was clear headed saying "you just killed yourself [censored]". It was a great feeling, no fear, no panic just absolute peace and I never felt cold at all in the glacial water. It did seem to be light and warm to me. The guy cast one cast of a half ounce spoon on 15# test mono and the line landed in my right hand. No control at all over my body but the hand grabbed and the line never slipped at all. He played me in, grabbed my hair and dragged me up a few feet on the bank. Turned me over and I puked water for a while, took all my clothes off and went to the truck and got drunk. He was so bothered by thinking what if and how his line landed in my hand that he quit his job and became a minister. I told my wife who was dying last year that there was nothing to fear at all.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide