Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Tabb Family Father Son Weight Loss Cahllenge #14551503 12/01/22 02:51 AM
Mudshark Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
It’s time. I’m a fatty fat fat.

The challenge, from 12/1 to end of March, myself and two of my sons are going to take the challenge. A third son needs to add weight.

The rules. Weekly weigh in. If any of the other two kids loses more than me by the end of March, they win $100. If the little baby kid gains half the weight I lose, he wins $100.

My goal is to lose 25 pounds by the end of March. After that, I need to drop another 15.

I’m tired of feeling bad.

Will keep you posted as the weigh ins happen

[Linked Image]

Re: Tabb Family Father Son Weight Loss Cahllenge [Re: Mudshark] #14551527 12/01/22 03:17 AM
L
LoneStarSon Offline
Private Dancer
Private Dancer
L
Interesting...You should be able to do that easily. No need to starve yourself or anything crazy. I'm down 88.8 pounds since 9/1/21 and I don't starve myself or really deny myself anything. I did switch things around and eat a regular portion of protein, but the bulk of my foods are vegetables, but the majority of my calories come from the protein. I do eat an avocado a day or every other day for healthy fat.

Re: Tabb Family Father Son Weight Loss Cahllenge [Re: LoneStarSon] #14551579 12/01/22 03:57 AM
Mudshark Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by LoneStarSon
Interesting...You should be able to do that easily. No need to starve yourself or anything crazy. I'm down 88.8 pounds since 9/1/21 and I don't starve myself or really deny myself anything. I did switch things around and eat a regular portion of protein, but the bulk of my foods are vegetables, but the majority of my calories come from the protein. I do eat an avocado a day or every other day for healthy fat.

If I stop drinking 8 beers a night, I can do it.

[Linked Image]

Re: Tabb Family Father Son Weight Loss Cahllenge [Re: Mudshark] #14552531 12/01/22 11:32 PM
J
jippedgenes Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
Great incentive! Yeah 8 brews a night will stack up the #s pretty quick.

Re: Tabb Family Father Son Weight Loss Cahllenge [Re: Mudshark] #14552932 12/02/22 02:45 PM
Mudshark Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
The official weigh in took place yesterday. We will check in weekly. My official starting weight is 197.

[Linked Image]

Re: Tabb Family Father Son Weight Loss Cahllenge [Re: Mudshark] #14553975 12/03/22 03:24 PM
1ShotNoKills Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Mudshark
The official weigh in took place yesterday. We will check in weekly. My official starting weight is 197.

A grown man shouldn’t weigh 150 lbs

Re: Tabb Family Father Son Weight Loss Cahllenge [Re: 1ShotNoKills] #14554088 12/03/22 05:20 PM
O
OLDREELCOLLECTORS.COM Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
O
Age, Height, Bone Density,Muscles ,Metabolic Rate , TOTAL Calorie intake per day ,and daily Routines such as you work and your State of Mind greatly influences your overall weight. Factor in exercise (an exercise is doing stuff other than work as your body is use to what you routinely do and you have to go beyond that to call it exercise . A simple two or three Blocks of walking every other day will Burn Calories and increase your Metabolic rate to aid in burning off those useless pounds ..
As you age your ability to burn calories decreases dramatically so if you eat as much or more as you did in your younger days you have to do something to burn excess calories off .If you 3 lbs of food a day you have to extract your nutrients you need to live and repair or replace naturally dying cells daily. EVERYTHING ELSE has to be burnt off through a Good Bowell Movement , Metabolically,Exercise or as a lot of young people do is PURGE or FAST (neither of those are good for anyone except Cattle. )
Plane and simple in Mechanic terms you have to exhaust what your body doesn't use or you get gummed up and sluggish.........
There are all kinds of theories ,diet plans ,Fat Sucking ,Devices, ,Surgeries to restrict your GUT ,and actual Stomach portion removal when all you need to do is Moderate for you own specific Body Requirements.
I know people who have used the above to lose weight only to regain it and more in a short time as they did not modify their life to adjust for the changes .
FAT CELLS HAVE MEMORY so if you starve them what do you think will happen when you start feeding them again ..
I know this is a lot coming from a guy with only one post so far.....lol but it is the GOSPEL TRUTH.

EAT TO LIVE NOT LIVE TO EAT
I HATE MOST Doctors,Clinics,Hospitals, and all the FAD diet programs and supplements because Doctors are always Practicing (ON YOU ) Clinics scare me because of their Staff , Hospitals today are in it for the Money pretty much . Think about it . You go to an emergency Room late one eve and IF you can Get in without waiting for some one to unlock the door the first thing they is for proof of insurance or an unlimited Platinum Credit Card ,Gold Bullion or title to your paid off HOME not what your problem is even though there you are having some real problems .. Then you get a NURSE PRACTITIONER and NOT A REAL DOCTOR (I know this sounds a bit Much but we live in a Rural Area and this has HAPPENED 4 times in the last 20 years to me .
All in all the fact one decides they NEED to Do Something about is a GREAT THING but it takes Due Diligence and a little Sacrifice to actually do it .
You ARE WHAT YOU EAT and if you eat fast Foods ,Snack on [censored] all day , DRINK a lot of ALCOHOL ,SODA POPS ,and sit around you will get( lets say overweight)
You need to find out what your daily Calorie intake is and then what you actually need to live then see how to moderate it for your weight loss goal then learn how to keep it off .
You did not get overweight over night so don't expect to lose it the same ..
There is a FREE PROGRAM that will actually help you to learn food values,food calories , NUTRIENTS as well as the amounts to eat healthy and keep track of your whole deal .
I am NOT AFFILIATED with this except as a user for over 20 years and it is a GREAT TOOL not a quick weight loss gimmick .
I don't want to do anything that is against the Rules so will not post a link unless a mod ok's it or you can p/m me for it

GOOD LUCK to the poster on his goals and anyone else .trying to better their life .

IF GRASSHOPPERS CARRIED SHOT GUNS
THE BIRDS WOULDN'T MESS WTHH EM
Re: Tabb Family Father Son Weight Loss Cahllenge [Re: OLDREELCOLLECTORS.COM] #14554651 12/04/22 03:36 AM
Mudshark Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by OLDREELCOLLECTORS.COM
Age, Height, Bone Density,Muscles ,Metabolic Rate , TOTAL Calorie intake per day ,and daily Routines such as you work and your State of Mind greatly influences your overall weight. Factor in exercise (an exercise is doing stuff other than work as your body is use to what you routinely do and you have to go beyond that to call it exercise . A simple two or three Blocks of walking every other day will Burn Calories and increase your Metabolic rate to aid in burning off those useless pounds ..
As you age your ability to burn calories decreases dramatically so if you eat as much or more as you did in your younger days you have to do something to burn excess calories off .If you 3 lbs of food a day you have to extract your nutrients you need to live and repair or replace naturally dying cells daily. EVERYTHING ELSE has to be burnt off through a Good Bowell Movement , Metabolically,Exercise or as a lot of young people do is PURGE or FAST (neither of those are good for anyone except Cattle. )
Plane and simple in Mechanic terms you have to exhaust what your body doesn't use or you get gummed up and sluggish.........
There are all kinds of theories ,diet plans ,Fat Sucking ,Devices, ,Surgeries to restrict your GUT ,and actual Stomach portion removal when all you need to do is Moderate for you own specific Body Requirements.
I know people who have used the above to lose weight only to regain it and more in a short time as they did not modify their life to adjust for the changes .
FAT CELLS HAVE MEMORY so if you starve them what do you think will happen when you start feeding them again ..
I know this is a lot coming from a guy with only one post so far.....lol but it is the GOSPEL TRUTH.

EAT TO LIVE NOT LIVE TO EAT
I HATE MOST Doctors,Clinics,Hospitals, and all the FAD diet programs and supplements because Doctors are always Practicing (ON YOU ) Clinics scare me because of their Staff , Hospitals today are in it for the Money pretty much . Think about it . You go to an emergency Room late one eve and IF you can Get in without waiting for some one to unlock the door the first thing they is for proof of insurance or an unlimited Platinum Credit Card ,Gold Bullion or title to your paid off HOME not what your problem is even though there you are having some real problems .. Then you get a NURSE PRACTITIONER and NOT A REAL DOCTOR (I know this sounds a bit Much but we live in a Rural Area and this has HAPPENED 4 times in the last 20 years to me .
All in all the fact one decides they NEED to Do Something about is a GREAT THING but it takes Due Diligence and a little Sacrifice to actually do it .
You ARE WHAT YOU EAT and if you eat fast Foods ,Snack on [censored] all day , DRINK a lot of ALCOHOL ,SODA POPS ,and sit around you will get( lets say overweight)
You need to find out what your daily Calorie intake is and then what you actually need to live then see how to moderate it for your weight loss goal then learn how to keep it off .
You did not get overweight over night so don't expect to lose it the same ..
There is a FREE PROGRAM that will actually help you to learn food values,food calories , NUTRIENTS as well as the amounts to eat healthy and keep track of your whole deal .
I am NOT AFFILIATED with this except as a user for over 20 years and it is a GREAT TOOL not a quick weight loss gimmick .
I don't want to do anything that is against the Rules so will not post a link unless a mod ok's it or you can p/m me for it

GOOD LUCK to the poster on his goals and anyone else .trying to better their life .

So what you are saying is I should go buy some beer.

[Linked Image]

Re: Tabb Family Father Son Weight Loss Cahllenge [Re: Mudshark] #14555917 12/05/22 04:35 PM
O
Green Horn
Green Horn
O

I will Drink to that [Linked Image]

Last edited by OLDREELCOLLECTORS.COM; 12/05/22 04:41 PM.

Re: Tabb Family Father Son Weight Loss Cahllenge [Re: OLDREELCOLLECTORS.COM] #14556003 12/05/22 06:10 PM
Mudshark Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru

I will Drink to that [Linked Image]

This coming Thursday will be a full week into this. I’m averaging about .5 pounds a day weight loss. I know I can’t keep that rate after a couple of weeks in and losing weight happens quickly at first and then tapers off. I’m eating right and not drinking so far, but have a road trip the next couple of days. Down 3.5 pounds so far. I will take it.

[Linked Image]

Re: Tabb Family Father Son Weight Loss Cahllenge [Re: Mudshark] #14558780 12/08/22 03:24 PM
Mudshark Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
1st week weigh in.

I am down to 192. Down 5. I want to make them cry.

The two kids who needed to lose weight gained weight, the one who was supposed to gain weight lost weight.

Last edited by Mudshark; 12/08/22 05:59 PM.

[Linked Image]

Re: Tabb Family Father Son Weight Loss Cahllenge [Re: Mudshark] #14560898 12/10/22 04:14 PM
O
Green Horn
Green Horn
O
Sounds like you are off to the Races .........the boys ............... .they ain't got their Hearts in it YET.
They see how ol Pop is taking them to the cleaners they may get their gumption up.
You are correct about reaching a Plateau as in a few weeks it will seem you can't lose another ounce but that is those Fat Cells taking charge to maintain their Girth however your Metabolic rate will start working better and the Weight will start falling off again .
Damn the Torpedos FULL SPEED AHEAD!

Re: Tabb Family Father Son Weight Loss Cahllenge [Re: OLDREELCOLLECTORS.COM] #14561347 12/11/22 03:09 AM
Mudshark Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
Sounds like you are off to the Races .........the boys ............... .they ain't got their Hearts in it YET.
They see how ol Pop is taking them to the cleaners they may get their gumption up.
You are correct about reaching a Plateau as in a few weeks it will seem you can't lose another ounce but that is those Fat Cells taking charge to maintain their Girth however your Metabolic rate will start working better and the Weight will start falling off again .
Damn the Torpedos FULL SPEED AHEAD!

You seem pretty knowledgeable about this stuff so maybe you can give me some advise. I haven’t taken a [censored] in about two days. What’s up with that? I’m eating more fiber than normal and nothing. Not even a squiggler.

Last edited by Mudshark; 12/11/22 03:09 AM.

[Linked Image]

Re: Tabb Family Father Son Weight Loss Cahllenge [Re: Mudshark] #14561349 12/11/22 03:13 AM
L
LoneStarSon Offline
Private Dancer
Private Dancer
L
Possibly dehydrated...Get some dripdrop (Walmart, Target, etc have it). Drink it in 8 oz of water...it'll rehydrate you and should get things going.

Re: Tabb Family Father Son Weight Loss Cahllenge [Re: Mudshark] #14561412 12/11/22 11:54 AM
O
Green Horn
Green Horn
O
Lone Star has a good point BUT no pun intended (well maybe )
You are putting your whole body in SAVE MODE basically when you cut down on food intake .
You should drink water for sure and an occasional Brewski won't hurt .
Your body is saving those calories and not Exhausting them till you get your Metabolism going to burn them.

ONE THING I failed to mention on my RANT in my First Post about Doctors .is IF you have one you Trust and you are very LUCKY if you do be sure to check with
them on your endeavors . I ain't no Rocket Surgeon but have been down the Road you are Traveling .

Last edited by OLDREELCOLLECTORS.COM; 12/11/22 12:07 PM.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide