Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Looking for help with running Lake Nacogdoches #14535750 11/15/22 01:28 AM
j9sheldon Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
Hello All,
Have a January club tournament coming up in January on Lake Nacogdoches. I am not looking for waypoints just asking for safety help on running the lake. I have been looking on google earth and see it has alot of timber half way up from the damn. have not found any guide lanes to purchase or homemade maps. Just want to not damage the boat or get hurt.

Thank You

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Looking for help with running Lake Nacogdoches [Re: j9sheldon] #14536276 11/15/22 03:46 PM
H
Houston Basscat Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
H
Most anything below the power lines is clear. I can run to the back but it's hard to explain. Stay to eastern bank above the power lines until you see the stumps as you round a point. The lake is probably a little low so they will be visible. When you see the stumps on that eastern bank you can cut diagonally across the lake to the back but its best to idle that part and graph at least once. Above the power line you'll see the island and anything around that island is stumpy stumpy. I went to college there so its been 20+ years.

Re: Looking for help with running Lake Nacogdoches [Re: j9sheldon] #14536287 11/15/22 03:53 PM
T
TxRanger1 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
T
That pretty much covers it

Re: Looking for help with running Lake Nacogdoches [Re: j9sheldon] #14536691 11/15/22 09:15 PM
j9sheldon Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
Thank You

Re: Looking for help with running Lake Nacogdoches [Re: Houston Basscat] #14536874 11/16/22 12:18 AM
D
dk2429 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
D
Originally Posted by Houston Basscat
Most anything below the power lines is clear. I can run to the back but it's hard to explain. Stay to eastern bank above the power lines until you see the stumps as you round a point. The lake is probably a little low so they will be visible. When you see the stumps on that eastern bank you can cut diagonally across the lake to the back but its best to idle that part and graph at least once. Above the power line you'll see the island and anything around that island is stumpy stumpy. I went to college there so its been 20+ years.

This^

Majek 22 Extreme/225 Optimax Pro XS hauled by a 2500HD Duramax

Re: Looking for help with running Lake Nacogdoches [Re: j9sheldon] #14540394 11/19/22 06:05 AM
M
Mike2718 Offline
Angler
Angler
M
When you go around the first point just past the power lines, there used to be some trees that were about 350' straight out from the point many many years ago. I don't see them anymore but you don't want to get too far left in case the stumps are just below the surface. I haven't checked to see if they have rotted all the way down or if there are stumps just below the surface. When you get close to the "next" point, there were some trees about 300' from shore but there were also a couple of lone trees about 150' from the shore. I just split the difference. This is where the majority of the tree line forms to the left. When you get slightly past the island, you can cut across to the other side BUT there was a line of trees to be careful of. There was a fairly good distance between those trees but you just needed to know where they are when running between them. There also used to be some trees that ran parallel and just south of the power line. I saved a run lane many years ago and just run it all the time. I'm sure a lot of the trees are no longer an issue but I just keep running my lane just in case. I see people running where I know there used to be trees and I keep waiting to hear a loud "whack" but I'm sure a majority of those trees are no longer an issue. I just haven't taken the time to graph some of those areas. One of these days, I'll take a look at those areas that had some stray trees and see if it is clear now.

Have a Blessed Day,
Mike
Re: Looking for help with running Lake Nacogdoches [Re: j9sheldon] #14540596 11/19/22 03:36 PM
R
Razorback Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
R
Once you get about 200 yards north of the island that is past the high line there are a ton of stumps just below the surface along and 50 -75 yards out from the east bank, all the way past the lone cleared lot with a house on it up there. There also isolated timber in the middle when you get that far north.

Re: Looking for help with running Lake Nacogdoches [Re: j9sheldon] #14541366 11/20/22 01:44 PM
J
Jarrett Latta Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
J
Pretty simple but depends on water level of course. The lower it is the more random they are up north [Linked Image]

Re: Looking for help with running Lake Nacogdoches [Re: Mike2718] #14541731 11/20/22 08:13 PM
Dan90210 ☮ Online Embarrased
Jr Deputy Dan
Online Embarrased
Jr Deputy Dan
Originally Posted by Mike2718
When you go around the first point just past the power lines, there used to be some trees that were about 350' straight out from the point many many years ago. I don't see them anymore but you don't want to get too far left in case the stumps are just below the surface. I haven't checked to see if they have rotted all the way down or if there are stumps just below the surface. When you get close to the "next" point, there were some trees about 300' from shore but there were also a couple of lone trees about 150' from the shore. I just split the difference. This is where the majority of the tree line forms to the left. When you get slightly past the island, you can cut across to the other side BUT there was a line of trees to be careful of. There was a fairly good distance between those trees but you just needed to know where they are when running between them. There also used to be some trees that ran parallel and just south of the power line. I saved a run lane many years ago and just run it all the time. I'm sure a lot of the trees are no longer an issue but I just keep running my lane just in case. I see people running where I know there used to be trees and I keep waiting to hear a loud "whack" but I'm sure a majority of those trees are no longer an issue. I just haven't taken the time to graph some of those areas. One of these days, I'll take a look at those areas that had some stray trees and see if it is clear now.

I love when guys provide directions like these!

"Well a little ways past the big oak you will see a rock, you want to stay close in to that rock but not too close. Then you will cut across when you see a house on the other side, but dont cut too fast. Then you will see a white goat. You will want to slow down and head just a bit toward the old mans barn. Once you get there around the 4th or 5th fence post take a hard fast left, big stumps there...."

Classic stuff right there... always worked! Now we have map chips, trails, social interactive maps, sonar that looks out in front and off to the sides of the boat, oh and GPS in our pockets. Everyone has a GPS on them at all times...

Not sure which I Iike better... but they both have their charms.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide