Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
First Catch Using New Active Target Setup #14531961 11/11/22 12:14 AM
TGL Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
I jumped on buying an Active Target Transducer when they put them on sale a few months ago. After getting everything installed, including Amped Outdoors 14.8 v Lithium Batteries for my electronics. I took advantage of a quiet morning on TBend and launched my Ranger Aluminum boat. First thing I noticed as I idled out of our cove on was the clarity of the side scan. I had heard and saw pics of the graph screens but it really jumped out this morning. I went to a known brush pile and began scanning the area. Immediately saw crappie bunched up a bit off from the brush in standing timber area. I set spot lock and grabbed one of my ACC Crappie Stix rods with a roadrunner jig. Other than setting depth rand forward scan ranges, everything was as it came from factory as far as settings. I could immediately see my jig as I vertical jigged near the bunched up crappie. They would come up to it but never got a bump. I then decided to cast out past them and retrieve the jig keeping it at the depth range they were bunched up at. Second cast I caught a nice one. For a bit, I caught a crappie on each cast as long as I placed the jig in their area. It was a good learning experience for me. I was amazed at how easy it was to begin using the AT set up. Definitely will be a game changer for me for crappie fishing.... It was a picture perfect morning, relatively calm and nobody else out in the Hickory Ridge area. Bout to put some filets on the grill right now !!

Attached Files Crappie Nov 2022.jpgCrappie3 Nov 2022.jpg
Re: First Catch Using New Active Target Setup [Re: TGL] #14532069 11/11/22 01:40 AM
F
Fishbonz Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
F
Originally Posted by TGL
I jumped on buying an Active Target Transducer when they put them on sale a few months ago. After getting everything installed, including Amped Outdoors 14.8 v Lithium Batteries for my electronics. I took advantage of a quiet morning on TBend and launched my Ranger Aluminum boat. First thing I noticed as I idled out of our cove on was the clarity of the side scan. I had heard and saw pics of the graph screens but it really jumped out this morning. I went to a known brush pile and began scanning the area. Immediately saw crappie bunched up a bit off from the brush in standing timber area. I set spot lock and grabbed one of my ACC Crappie Stix rods with a roadrunner jig. Other than setting depth rand forward scan ranges, everything was as it came from factory as far as settings. I could immediately see my jig as I vertical jigged near the bunched up crappie. They would come up to it but never got a bump. I then decided to cast out past them and retrieve the jig keeping it at the depth range they were bunched up at. Second cast I caught a nice one. For a bit, I caught a crappie on each cast as long as I placed the jig in their area. It was a good learning experience for me. I was amazed at how easy it was to begin using the AT set up. Definitely will be a game changer for me for crappie fishing.... It was a picture perfect morning, relatively calm and nobody else out in the Hickory Ridge area. Bout to put some filets on the grill right now !!

thumbCongratulations my L&AT brother! thumb They really do produce some AWSOME scans right outa the box!I fished an area that I`ve fished before under a bridge the other day and never knew there was a tree a few yards away until my AT ducer was deployed. My Lowrance unit lit up a tree plum full of fish!

Last edited by Fishbonz; 11/11/22 01:45 AM.

HE aka Fishbonz
Re: First Catch Using New Active Target Setup [Re: TGL] #14532193 11/11/22 04:13 AM
banker-always fishing Offline
Pumpkin Head
Pumpkin Head
thumb

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

IGFA World Record Rio Grande Cichlid. Lake Dunlap.

John 3:16

Sinner's Prayer. God forgive me a sinner. I accept Jesus Christ as my Savior !
Re: First Catch Using New Active Target Setup [Re: TGL] #14541177 11/20/22 03:23 AM
D
Dusty W. Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
D
Way to go!

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide