D
Dubee Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by txmasterpo
Originally Posted by Power Pole
Does no one hunt anymore?

You can't hunt on a public funded property without strict rules concerning numbers and harvest....and it's extremely limited

Only fishing tournaments and fishing guides get to make a living on water that someone else paid for with no restrictions other than those imposed on a recreational fisherman

Huh?

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: 240 Boats @ Lewisville [Re: txmasterpo] #14508043 10/17/22 04:19 PM
Mark Perry Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
Originally Posted by txmasterpo
Originally Posted by Power Pole
Does no one hunt anymore?

You can't hunt on a public funded property without strict rules concerning numbers and harvest....and it's extremely limited

Only fishing tournaments and fishing guides get to make a living on water that someone else paid for with no restrictions other than those imposed on a recreational fisherman

Tournament anglers and fishing guides are taxpayers and their taxes helped to build these lakes tbe same as yours did. Also the money they spend at these lakes positively impact a ton of businesses. A lot of those businesses are small businesses too.

Re: 240 Boats @ Lewisville [Re: Mark Perry] #14508074 10/17/22 05:11 PM
B
Bass Buster1 Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
B
Originally Posted by Mark Perry
Originally Posted by Bass Buster1
Not popular but I wish they would issue x number of tournament permits on a given body of water. When they were used up for the year, you have to pick a different lake. It would spread the pressure out over more bodies of water.

Maybe they should just limit the number of people on lakes tournament ornon tournament anglers alike. Fishing pressure is fishing pressure.

True statement Mark but a tournament brings a significant increase in fisherpeople, a lot more than the normal recreational day on the lake. I fish a few tournaments myself and have captained a few of these HS events. I believe the big events, champs, HS, etc... while extremally fun, absolutely slow a fishery for a time. If they were spread out across more lakes, the lakes may have time to recover between large events. Just a thought with no science behind it, just an opinion from one guy, that lives on a lake that gets a lot of spring tourney pressure and has seen the productivity of that lake decline over the years with the "grow the sport" movement. I also understand and accept that the decline could be attributed to many other factors like I just suck at fishing now, understocking, weather patterns, lake aging, drought, etc...but I am pretty sure the pressure can't be helping.

See you on the lake and have a great day!
Re: 240 Boats @ Lewisville [Re: Bass Buster1] #14508084 10/17/22 05:17 PM
Mark Perry Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
Not popular but I wish they would issue x number of tournament permits on a given body of water. When they were used up for the year, you have to pick a different lake. It would spread the pressure out over more bodies of water.

Maybe they should just limit the number of people on lakes tournament ornon tournament anglers alike. Fishing pressure is fishing pressure.

True statement Mark but a tournament brings a significant increase in fisherpeople, a lot more than the normal recreational day on the lake. I fish a few tournaments myself and have captained a few of these HS events. I believe the big events, champs, HS, etc... while extremally fun, absolutely slow a fishery for a time. If they were spread out across more lakes, the lakes may have time to recover between large events. Just a thought with no science behind it, just an opinion from one guy, that lives on a lake that gets a lot of spring tourney pressure and has seen the productivity of that lake decline over the years with the "grow the sport" movement. I also understand and accept that the decline could be attributed to many other factors like I just suck at fishing now, understocking, weather patterns, lake aging, drought, etc...but I am pretty sure the pressure can't be helping.

I just feel like if we want them to limit a particular segment of anglers then eventally they will find a way to limit us all. The whole 2 weeks to flatten the curve deal is still fresh in my mind....... yes.... I truly feel like when I go to a lake and struggle then it's on me. I missed something to clue me in to the bite.
I also feel like a lot of lakes have simply changed. The way we caught them somewhere 5 years ago may be totally different these days.
Most lakes with the exception of Fork and Rayburn probably have far more days of little to no pressure than they do tournament or heavy pressure.

Re: 240 Boats @ Lewisville [Re: N2Bass] #14508094 10/17/22 05:25 PM
S
Skeeter man ZX225 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
S
If you have any concerns as to what fishing pressure does to a lake, go to lake Fork it draws up to 2000 boats on some days for a tournament and still puts out fish.

Re: 240 Boats @ Lewisville [Re: Skeeter man ZX225] #14508108 10/17/22 05:32 PM
B
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
B
Originally Posted by Skeeter man ZX225
If you have any concerns as to what fishing pressure does to a lake, go to lake Fork it draws up to 2000 boats on some days for a tournament and still puts out fish.

Not like it once did!

Re: 240 Boats @ Lewisville [Re: Bass Buster1] #14508116 10/17/22 05:39 PM
Sinkey Online Content
Tidy Scoop
Online Content
Tidy Scoop
Originally Posted by Skeeter man ZX225

Not like it once did!

I still catch fish all the time on Fork. And good ones! And it gets beat to death. But some of you guys are acting like Lewisville is the "cats meow" of bass fishing. But here's a news flash.....Lewisville always fishes tough, no matter how many boats are on it.

Re: 240 Boats @ Lewisville [Re: SteezMacQueen] #14508125 10/17/22 05:44 PM
Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life) Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen
Originally Posted by N2Bass
Is it true, 240 boats on Lewisville today for just a regular circuit THSBA tournament?

At what point do these tournaments simply start damaging the fish population of local lakes?

Half of them don’t catch fish. roflmao

I just spit out my dr. pepper steez!

Re: 240 Boats @ Lewisville [Re: Mark Perry] #14508197 10/17/22 07:30 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S

That doesn’t fit their narrative.

They don’t want competitive anglers fishing on their lake. Catching up all their fish

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: 240 Boats @ Lewisville [Re: SteezMacQueen] #14508219 10/17/22 07:50 PM
B
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
B
Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen

That doesn’t fit their narrative.

They don’t want competitive anglers fishing on their lake. Catching up all their fish

I don't care if there are tournament anglers on the lake, there are plenty of lakes. Fish them all instead of pounding the same select few. Relieving a little pressure might just help the fishing get better for everyone is my point.

Re: 240 Boats @ Lewisville [Re: N2Bass] #14508426 10/17/22 11:08 PM
Top Waters Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Some of you guys don't like it and I suppose I understand. If I was a selfish soul, I'd probably feel the same way. But I will tell you this, each time one of my boys catches a keeper fish and puts it into the boat, the pure exhilaration they show is worth the little bit of pissedoffness I feel each time I read one of these posts criticizing the HS kids for invading your lake. As my father has always said, the woods are full of stumps.....go put your butt on one of them.

As for those of you supporting the kids.....thanks! The kids appreciate you.

GO -------> fish

"Spit in his mouth, Son. It will make him grow bigger faster"
My late grandfather Bill Chapman (and former lake patrolman at Lake Tyler, TX)
I have spent the past 50 years spitting in their mouths...increasing the size of Texas fish with every spit!

P.B. 9.4 lbs - Lake Fork
2018 Skeeter ZX250 Yamaha 250 SHO
Re: 240 Boats @ Lewisville [Re: N2Bass] #14508431 10/17/22 11:11 PM
D
Douglas J Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D
Should there be a daily fee on all good lakes like $250 a day?

#MFGA
Re: 240 Boats @ Lewisville [Re: Douglas J] #14508453 10/17/22 11:28 PM
D
deucer02 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
D
Originally Posted by Douglas J
Should there be a daily fee on all good lakes like $250 a day?

Yes absolutely, but only for adult bass clubs and just a $150 for the kids, no boat motors to exceed 15 horse power, and no more cramming lead weights down into the fish. They can't swim and go straight to the bottom and die when released.

Biden famously said in the New York Observer, “I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that’s a storybook, man.”
Re: 240 Boats @ Lewisville [Re: Top Waters] #14508458 10/17/22 11:32 PM
T
ToasterWEyes Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Originally Posted by Top Waters
Some of you guys don't like it and I suppose I understand. If I was a selfish soul, I'd probably feel the same way. But I will tell you this, each time one of my boys catches a keeper fish and puts it into the boat, the pure exhilaration they show is worth the little bit of pissedoffness I feel each time I read one of these posts criticizing the HS kids for invading your lake. As my father has always said, the woods are full of stumps.....go put your butt on one of them.

As for those of you supporting the kids.....thanks! The kids appreciate you.

👍🏻

It's only a good cast if you catch a fish...
Personal Best: 11.62 lbs
Re: 240 Boats @ Lewisville [Re: N2Bass] #14508530 10/18/22 12:36 AM
N
N2Bass Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
N
I grew up duck hunting Lake Lewisville. Back then, the corp issued so many permits per year.

Wonder why?

They didn’t want to “grow the sport?”

Should have let everyone hunt that wanted to. Probably some kids that didn’t get a permit that wanted to hunt.

Heck, take away bag limits on fish. I mean that one more fish might be the fish that hooks a kid for life or feeds the hungry.

Last edited by N2Bass; 10/18/22 12:36 AM.
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide