Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
New PB on the boat! #14499156 10/08/22 10:59 AM
Catfish Tim Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
If you have kids (or in my case grandkids that live with you) you probably know that this weekend in Columbus Day weekend or now I'm hearing it called indigenous peoples weekend? I can't keep up... Anyway, the point is the boys had a day off school yesterday. And when that happens, those of us that work from home, have the added responsibility of entertaining them while we try and get our work done.

My daughter was off yesterday so in the morning she had them out playing and took them to the halloween store to get costumes. In our house Halloween is second only to Christmas in importance on the holiday rickter scale. That took us up to about lunch time so in the afternoon, it fell to me to keep them out of trouble for a while. You'll never guess what I did...

Yep, took 'em fishing. So I worked up to about 1:00 and then we headed out. Needed gas in the truck and the boat. (expensive date, I know). Since it was mid afternoon, I didn't want to spend a lot of time chasing shad so I pulled some frozen skipjack from the freezer and we planned on heading right to the fishing spot. I know it's not a good habit to spot fish, but when there is no reason for a pattern change, there is nothing wrong with starting to scan where you last saw the fish. So that's what I did. Headed to the same spot I was catching them in on Wednesday.

About a 10 minute run from the marina and I pulled up right on top of 'em again. Still in the same place, still a good number of marks. Wind had come around and was out of the North. So I went to the far end of the drift and started pulling baits back to the South. Wasn't long and I started seeing dink bites. and about 10 minutes in, wham! #1 rod goes down hard and the planer board takes of like a bullet out of a gun!

I yelled at Jer, get him! get him! Good fish! Good fish! He sprang into action. The look on his face when he couldn't pull the rod out of the rod holder was priceless. He fought back and got it out and started reeling. This was an outside board so it was a long ways out. He kept saying it's too heavy, it's too heavy. I kept saying no it's not, no it's not. You are gonna do this yourself! He got the board up to the rod and I pulled it off. He then looks at me and says "How far out there did you put this Poppy?!" I said nevermind. Just keep reeling!

Well after we got the board off, the fish came to the top belly up so you could see color back behind the boat. Jer saw that and didn't know what to do. Jeez Poppy! He's huge! That adrenaline rush gave him the strength to finish the fight and get the fish to the boat where I got him in the net. Mission accomplished!

I have been trying to get Jer off his 15 pound PB for a long time and yesterday was finally the day. She weighed in at a little under 22 pounds! When we went to get a picture of Jer with the fish, he was having trouble holding it. Wyatt jumps up and says, Poppy, I'll help him cuz that's what brothers do! So he stood there beside Jer and together they got the fish up for the picture, not without a little struggle. Haha. But they got the job done.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We Wyatt doesn't like to be out done but yesterday he came up a little short. He followed up Jer's 22 with a teener a few minutes later. And just like before, the two of them worked together to get the fish up for a picture.

[Linked Image]

That was all we had time for. Back to painting this morning. I am looking forward to this reno being over. It is really cutting into my fishing schedule!

God Bless & Tight Lines y'all be safe out there this weekend...

Catfish Tim
🐟🐟"If it doesn't have whiskers, it's just bait"🐟🐟
Romans 8:1

Wet Rooster Jigs Fishing Super Store
Re: New PB on the boat! [Re: Catfish Tim] #14499177 10/08/22 12:01 PM
Bluecat Bob Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Those pictures are priceless!

I am sure sibling rivalry will mean those two will be looking to out do one another now.

Retired from the grind and enjoying life and the great outdoors ### Formerly Texas Brit ###
Re: New PB on the boat! [Re: Catfish Tim] #14499189 10/08/22 12:37 PM
rebait Offline
Angler
Angler
Your on your game.

Re: New PB on the boat! [Re: Catfish Tim] #14499278 10/08/22 02:44 PM
J
jippedgenes Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
Love seeing the enthusiasm of those young fellas. Thanks for sharing.

Re: New PB on the boat! [Re: Catfish Tim] #14499504 10/08/22 10:50 PM
S
Skeeter Temp Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
S
Nice, love seeing this!!! They will remember this for a lifetime!

Rip some LIPS!!!

John 15:13 Greater love hath no man than this, That a man lay down his life for his friends
Re: New PB on the boat! [Re: Catfish Tim] #14499692 10/09/22 08:51 AM
S
skeetmaster Offline
Angler
Angler
S
Memory maker! These little guys are the future of fishing and they'll have tons of stories to tell their kids about the "good ole days" with their grandpa. Best thing about it is, they'll have learned about conservation, consideration, and moral responsibility from one of the best! Great job Tim. I bet the feeling from this day put you right to sleep that night!

coolphotos

Re: New PB on the boat! [Re: Catfish Tim] #14499697 10/09/22 09:42 AM
Catfish Tim Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
I Love catfishing! I love fishing alone, I love fishing with friends. But I love fishing with my kids and grandkids best. I followed up yesterday by taking their little sister Sawyer out. She is all about Poppy's boat and mommy fish. We put the fish back so they can make babies so in her mind they are all mommy fish. Such a sweet outlook on life at 2 1/2 years old. Fall was definitely in the air yesterday. We only managed one fish. I had work to do here at home so we didn't get out til late morning. I think the bite may have been on early and we just caught the tail end of it. But it was a good fish right at 30 pounds. Got him 10 minutes after dropping baits and that was it.

[Linked Image]
The rocking of the boat always puts them to sleep.
[Linked Image]
Haven't had to cover up in a while...
[Linked Image]
If we only get one, I'll take a 30!

Catfish Tim
🐟🐟"If it doesn't have whiskers, it's just bait"🐟🐟
Romans 8:1

Re: New PB on the boat! [Re: Catfish Tim] #14499801 10/09/22 02:28 PM
banker-always fishing Online Content
Pumpkin Head
Online Content
Pumpkin Head
It just don't get any better! thumb

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

IGFA World Record Rio Grande Cichlid. Lake Dunlap.

John 3:16

Sinner's Prayer. God forgive me a sinner. I accept Jesus Christ as my Savior !
Re: New PB on the boat! [Re: Catfish Tim] #14500096 10/09/22 10:17 PM
O
Oldrabbit Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
O
What a good trip with those kids and pictures to remember it. thumb

Re: New PB on the boat! [Re: Catfish Tim] #14500139 10/09/22 10:52 PM
K
KEGracing Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
K
nice nice nicer!

Ken

2014 Premier Alante 235 RF tritoon. Momma's boat. But I get to fish on her.

A country boy will survive... but those who cross him?

Cedar Creek personal best:
Blue Cat 31.55 lbs
Hybrid 6.2 lbs
Crappie 2.1 lbs
Re: New PB on the boat! [Re: Catfish Tim] #14500430 10/10/22 11:35 AM
S
skeetmaster Offline
Angler
Angler
S
cheers

Previous Thread