texasfishingforum.com logo
Main Menu
Advertisement
Affiliates
Advertisement
Newest Members
Cameron Gose, Jetskirentals512, Flashin Assassin Lures, SoonerTex0623, Bobby J.
119181 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
hopalong 121,013
TexDawg 119,783
Bigbob_FTW 95,321
John175☮ 85,918
Pilothawk 83,274
Bob Davis 82,326
Mark Perry 72,486
Derek ðŸ 68,321
JDavis7873® 67,416
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics1,038,886
Posts13,954,839
Members144,181
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Bob Hall Pier (((((REPORT))))) Thursday, 8-18-22 #14479503 09/16/22 04:00 PM
Y
Yakety_Yak Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
Y
If you read the PINS report, this is a continuation of that trip but the next day. After packing up at PINS and heading back off the beachline, we (William, Ryan, and I) went to get something to eat at Whataburger then to clean fish at Billings Bait. Finally, we went to get some more ice. Next stop is the Bob Hall Pier beachline. We arrived on the BHP beachline and found a place to park around 6:00 pm ish. Due to it being a weekday and kids are back in school, there was not much traffic on the beach. We parked and immediately started to get the kayaks ready. After we finished getting the yaks ready for the next day, we all pulled out our chairs, sat, and watched the sky darken and the stars burn bright. It was a great sight to see!

The next morning comes and I am the first to get up. Shortly after, William and Ryan wake up and began to pull themselves together. People started to show on the beach for this outing. I would say around 25 people, give or take, showed up. This is not a bad showing since it had to be rescheduled several times. For those of you that could not make it this year because of the schedule changes, you may want to try and be flexible for next summer if your schedule can permit it. As you know, Mother Nature is in charge and there is no telling what she has in store for the kayaking community. As people are rolling in, others are preparing for the day.

[Linked Image]

There were more experienced kayakers here on this day than new people. That made it easy when pairing up new people to experienced people. People continued to roll in.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Ryan and one other started up their drones and played with those for a short time. Ryan got a nice arial shot of the rig with the drone later on. I was amazed on how far his drone could go and keep connectivity to his controller.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Now that most, if not all, are ready, it was time to conduct a meeting before launching. In this meeting I pair up everyone, talk about some safety matters, show everyone how to put on a ribbon fish on to a ribbon fish leader, and other things.

[Linked Image]

Once the meeting was finished, it was time to launch.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

As everyone was launching Ryan caught this great shot of John Hall's son, Sean, going through the surf zone and making his way over a sizable wave in the four gut. Sean made it through with flying colors. The cool thing is that Sean is only an 8th grader so as he gets older, he will be a master of the surf zone. WTG Sean!!

[Linked Image]

Soon after, Ryan sent his drone out to the rig to see if it would go that far and to get some good arial shots of the rig. I thought that was pretty cool.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The weather was good that day. Even though the surf started out kind of on the rough side in the morning, later in the day when everyone was coming back in the surf was even better. The predictions for the day were correct but just a few hours off. The swells started out okay but got even better as the day went on. Overall, things went well and everyone had a great time on the water with only a couple of people turtling in the surf going out. The fishing did not start strong. As the morning progressed, the bite finally turned on. It was a late morning to early afternoon bite. I had quite a few runs. Every time I had a run, I would give my rod to someone that had not caught a fish yet to give them the opportunity to bring in one. It was fun to watch. I do not mind sitting in the passenger seat and watching. Sometimes watching can be just as much fun as catching.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Even though many fished by the rig, quite a few drifted away and tried their luck further out. Everyone kept it at the first rig. There was no need to try the further ones and risk getting sea sick. It was good to see everyone staying close and having a good time. There is no need to go further to find fish when many were catching fish already at the near rig.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Different fish were caught. There were quite a few kings caught, some smacks (Spanish mackerel), different types of sharks, and a jack was caught. A few were vertical jigging at the rig to try their luck on red snapper. Red snapper was caught but nothing of size to bring home; however, some lane snapper was caught. Everyone was getting along on the water as well as helping each other out. It was truly a day of everyone helping each other out. It is great to see that kind of comradery!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Most of the day the sun stayed behind the clouds. It was extremely comfortable. The water was 91 degrees and if my memory serves me right, the air temps were in the lower to mid-90's in the latter half of the day . Here are some pics of people fishing or catching fish when the sun decided to show its face.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[img]https://i.imgur.com/7umJARm.jpg[/img]

[img]https://i.imgur.com/3RMW1na.jpg[/img]

[img]https://i.imgur.com/uYZQqBN.png[/img]

Ron ended up catching a shark. He loves eating blacktip so he kept the one he caught, bled it while on the water, and cleaned it once back at shore.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/C79JWTW.jpg[/img]

[img]https://i.imgur.com/daadZ9X.png[/img]

Eventually, it was time to start heading back. Due to the low surf, I do not believe anyone turtled coming in. Everyone had a great time from what I gathered, whether they caught fish or not.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/PDOfetH.jpg[/img]

It was time to start packing up things and making our way back to our homes. I want to say thanks to everyone that attended! It was great meeting everyone. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call me. 832-588-7091 For those of you that have some pics, please post up on this thread. Have a great day and I will see you guys’ next year at the BHP outing. Tight lines!

[img]https://i.imgur.com/aCPpuPy.png[/img]

Re: Bob Hall Pier (((((REPORT))))) Thursday, 8-18-22 [Re: Yakety_Yak] #14479602 09/16/22 05:35 PM
S
Scoundrel Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
S
thumb fish

Re: Bob Hall Pier (((((REPORT))))) Thursday, 8-18-22 [Re: Yakety_Yak] #14480090 09/17/22 02:35 AM
L
lconn4 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
L
cheers

A good rule of angling philosophy is not to interfere with another fisherman's ways of being happy, unless you want to be hated.
Zane Grey, Tales of Fishes, 1919

https://vimeo.com/73372194
https://vimeo.com/72859045

Re: Bob Hall Pier (((((REPORT))))) Thursday, 8-18-22 [Re: Yakety_Yak] #14480381 09/17/22 03:08 PM
butch sanders Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
awesome
how far is it to the rig?

Re: Bob Hall Pier (((((REPORT))))) Thursday, 8-18-22 [Re: Yakety_Yak] #14480412 09/17/22 03:44 PM
P
PowerLizard Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
P
Looks like the Hobie Navy was out in force. You should contact Hobie and see if they want to sponsor your event next year.

Re: Bob Hall Pier (((((REPORT))))) Thursday, 8-18-22 [Re: Yakety_Yak] #14481484 09/19/22 12:19 AM
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
can you get sea sick in a kayak ?

Re: Bob Hall Pier (((((REPORT))))) Thursday, 8-18-22 [Re: butch sanders] #14481664 09/19/22 03:01 AM
Y
Yakety_Yak Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
Y
Originally Posted by butch sanders
awesome

The rig is a little over a mile to get to. It's a pretty easy paddle/peddle.

Originally Posted by PowerLizard
Looks like the Hobie Navy was out in force. You should contact Hobie and see if they want to sponsor your event next year.

That might be a great idea!

You can. I find out of 25 people that go offshore, only a couple will get sea sickness. I have had people come back in and lay down for about 30 minutes in the a/c in their vehicle only to return to the water and be just fine the second time around. Some people are resilient in their recovery. There are things you can do to reduce sea sickness. If interested in hearing more on that, let me know.

Re: Bob Hall Pier (((((REPORT))))) Thursday, 8-18-22 [Re: Yakety_Yak] #14481749 09/19/22 12:23 PM
T
TreeBass Online Content
Lt. Dan
Online Content
Lt. Dan
T
Cool pics, looks like ya'll had a blast!

(The Texas flag is upside down)

[Linked Image]

My success in life is measured by the number of hunting
and fishing stories that my kids can share with others

Sure-Life Products
Dobyns Rods
Holding The Line Guide Service
www.facebook.com/texasfishingforum
Re: Bob Hall Pier (((((REPORT))))) Thursday, 8-18-22 [Re: Yakety_Yak] #14488152 09/26/22 12:57 AM
banker-always fishing Offline
Pumpkin Head
Pumpkin Head
Awesome post and coolphotos Thanks for sharing. thumb

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

IGFA World Record Rio Grande Cichlid. Lake Dunlap.

John 3:16

Sinner's Prayer. God forgive me a sinner. I accept Jesus Christ as my Savior !
Re: Bob Hall Pier (((((REPORT))))) Thursday, 8-18-22 [Re: Yakety_Yak] #14488584 09/26/22 03:46 PM
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Yakety_Yak
awesome

The rig is a little over a mile to get to. It's a pretty easy paddle/peddle.

Originally Posted by PowerLizard

That might be a great idea!

You can. I find out of 25 people that go offshore, only a couple will get sea sickness. I have had people come back in and lay down for about 30 minutes in the a/c in their vehicle only to return to the water and be just fine the second time around. Some people are resilient in their recovery. There are things you can do to reduce sea sickness. If interested in hearing more on that, let me know.

thanks
my wife gets seasick
i take the tablets
great post

Re: Bob Hall Pier (((((REPORT))))) Thursday, 8-18-22 [Re: banker-always fishing] #14493488 10/01/22 10:58 PM
Y
Yakety_Yak Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
Y
Originally Posted by TreeBass
Cool pics, looks like ya'll had a blast!

Thanks and yes, it was a blast!

Originally Posted by banker-always fishing
Awesome post and coolphotos Thanks for sharing. thumb

My pleasure!

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide