Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Pwm purchased #14478143 09/15/22 06:37 AM
Justin B Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
So, I pulled the trigger on the fpv-power 50A pwm while it was a little pricey at $200, I am very happy with it. I bought a cutting board from Walmart and cut it to fit the back of the pwm and bolted it together. I then mounted it on a standard fish finder track mount and placed Velcro on the back side of it and the FF base plate which is holding it well. I took it in pretty rough conditions a few days ago and it performed great. The ability to adjust speed with a control knob vs a set 5 speeds will really help out on control drifts on calm days while catfishing. The only negative that I will say is it is big and bulky, it doesn't really weigh a lot but does take up space. The reason I went with store bought is when it comes to electronics, I am not a diy guy and wanted a piece of mine which I believe I got with this product.
Just wanted to pass it along if anyone else was in the market

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Last edited by Justin B; 09/15/22 06:40 AM.

Check out my YouTube channel as I fish out of my Native Titan 10.5 in Texas and Oklahoma reservoirs

https://youtube.com/channel/UCqA--bCRG3lY9CLA-YcvJvQ

If you are in the market for a great used boat checkout the selecton of bass, catfish and all around fishing boats and boat trailers for all style of boats at www.facebook.com/smithboatsales

Re: Pwm purchased [Re: Justin B] #14478201 09/15/22 12:09 PM
S
Snottynose Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
S
So I assume you are left handed because you have your controller on the right? Does it get in the way when paddleing because there will be a time when you need to do that. Word from the wise...Wear that kill switch
Run your boat WOT for at least 30 mins and report back. Id be interested on how your sealed PWM handles the heat generated.

Last edited by Snottynose; 09/15/22 12:15 PM.
Re: Pwm purchased [Re: Justin B] #14478363 09/15/22 03:08 PM
bsbeantx Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
Looks good! Would also have to see if it got in the way, seems like down and to the side would be better, especially bringing in those big cats..

Not to hijack your thread but I’m considering getting a pedal drive and have narrowed it down between the Titan 10.5, Slayer 12.5 or Slayer 10 Max. How does the titan paddle long distances? Say going up a shallow creek, I’m a bit worried it would track like a trashcan lid lol..

Also, how does the drive hold up against impacts? Ever hit a submerged tree hard while pedaling? Kind of places I go definitely have this and I don’t want to just keep the pedal drive up all the time, defeats the purpose. Any insight is appreciated.

Re: Pwm purchased [Re: Snottynose] #14478382 09/15/22 03:14 PM
Justin B Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Snottynose
So I assume you are left handed because you have your controller on the right? Does it get in the way when paddleing because there will be a time when you need to do that. Word from the wise...Wear that kill switch
Run your boat WOT for at least 30 mins and report back. Id be interested on how your sealed PWM handles the heat generated.

I’m right handed and use the steering lever on the left side of the kayak to steer the trolling motor and pedal’s. If those both break down on me while on the water then I could paddle this tug boa(Native Titan 10.5)t back to shore. The pwm is removable due to it being on a track mount n so I could move it out of the way if need bet. I did a steady 25min run in 2ft waves the day after I got it with air temps in the low 90s. Never felt like it was hot to the touch.

Check out my YouTube channel as I fish out of my Native Titan 10.5 in Texas and Oklahoma reservoirs

If you are in the market for a great used boat checkout the selecton of bass, catfish and all around fishing boats and boat trailers for all style of boats at www.facebook.com/smithboatsales

Re: Pwm purchased [Re: bsbeantx] #14478403 09/15/22 03:26 PM
Justin B Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by bsbeantx
Looks good! Would also have to see if it got in the way, seems like down and to the side would be better, especially bringing in those big cats..

Not to hijack your thread but I’m considering getting a pedal drive and have narrowed it down between the Titan 10.5, Slayer 12.5 or Slayer 10 Max. How does the titan paddle long distances? Say going up a shallow creek, I’m a bit worried it would track like a trashcan lid lol..

Also, how does the drive hold up against impacts? Ever hit a submerged tree hard while pedaling? Kind of places I go definitely have this and I don’t want to just keep the pedal drive up all the time, defeats the purpose. Any insight is appreciated.

I’m right handed but reel left so I always bring the cats around to the left side of the boat opposite of where the controller is where I either pull them in or get them with fish grips and pull them in that way.

I’m a bigger guy so I felt the Titan was the better choice for me. The stability is is fantastic at 10’9 and 37.5” wide it’s a bath tub lol. I bass fish as well and stand and fish 90% of the time. Negatives are it’s extremely slow and super heavy. I keep a steady 3mph when pedaling. For speed and distances the slayer 12 would be better but you lose stability as it’s only 34”.

The drive has been very durable for me I have crashed it into so many stumps and ran it up shallow it’s not funny. There is a 3 clip system to locking down the drive. 2 on the bar and 1 on the lower drive. I keep the lower drive I clipped so it kicks up when I hit something and have not had any problems do that. I hope this helps and please
feel free to ask me anything about the Titan.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide