texasfishingforum.com logo
Main Menu
Advertisement
Affiliates
Advertisement
Newest Members
Cameron Gose, Jetskirentals512, Flashin Assassin Lures, SoonerTex0623, Bobby J.
119181 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
hopalong 121,013
TexDawg 119,783
Bigbob_FTW 95,321
John175☮ 85,918
Pilothawk 83,274
Bob Davis 82,326
Mark Perry 72,486
Derek 🐝 68,321
JDavis7873 67,416
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics1,038,882
Posts13,954,764
Members144,181
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Bob Sandlin #14458026 08/24/22 03:17 PM
R
Royram Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
R
Are there any guide lane chips for Bob Sandlin? Never fished there before and have a tournament in about a month. Just wondering if its like Tawakoni or as wooded as Fork and Palestine? Maps do not show a lot, but navionics shows areas of flooded timber.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Bob Sandlin [Re: Royram] #14458054 08/24/22 03:36 PM
D
David Burton Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
D
Do a little search here and you can get some good navigation advice. The lake doesn't set up like Fork or Tawakoni. It is its own pattern.

There are good Honey Hole videos out there, and some of the Fork guides will take you out there.

Last edited by David Burton; 08/24/22 03:37 PM.

David Burton
2015 Skeeter FX 21 +Ultrex +Helix 12 (x3) +Mega360 +MegaLive
Re: Bob Sandlin [Re: Royram] #14458528 08/24/22 09:39 PM
O
ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50) Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
O
I've been on it about about a four times this year, it my current favorite lake. It fishes different and it does have stumps but nothing like Fork or TWOK. I've been fortunate to live by the rule if you see no stumps you are clear plus I've watched a few boats run it and figured out by that where I need to be. The arm up the west side of Monticello is gated and for a reason, it has a lot of stumps and the fence and gate are to keep the recreational boaters from tearing up there stuff or getting injured. Also in various places, there will be really shallow shoals; the kind you can get hung up on, they were already marked on the lake maps on my humminbirds. I went to look for one of them and found it before the map said I was on it, wound up getting out of my rig pushing myself off it.
I've watched the Honey Hole video from this past spring and it is informative and I have caught some fish in the general area of where that filming took place. I had my best luck early on top water and if the sun is shining and there is a little wind the shaded areas produced some bites.
I haven't really torn them up and I got skunked on the last trip but it's worth the trip. Good luck on your tournament.

2012 ZX200 Skeeter
2012 Yamaha 200 SHO

Isaiah 40:31 "but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles, they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
Proud student of the Pro Staffer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzwF72B2F2w&t=14s
Re: Bob Sandlin [Re: ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50)] #14458536 08/24/22 09:46 PM
D
Douglas J Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D
Originally Posted by ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50)
I've been on it about about a four times this year, it my current favorite lake. It fishes different and it does have stumps but nothing like Fork or TWOK. I've been fortunate to live by the rule if you see no stumps you are clear plus I've watched a few boats run it and figured out by that where I need to be. The arm up the west side of Monticello is gated and for a reason, it has a lot of stumps and the fence and gate are to keep the recreational boaters from tearing up there stuff or getting injured. Also in various places, there will be really shallow shoals; the kind you can get hung up on, they were already marked on the lake maps on my humminbirds. I went to look for one of them and found it before the map said I was on it, wound up getting out of my rig pushing myself off it.
I've watched the Honey Hole video from this past spring and it is informative and I have caught some fish in the general area of where that filming took place. I had my best luck early on top water and if the sun is shining and there is a little wind the shaded areas produced some bites.
I haven't really torn them up and I got skunked on the last trip but it's worth the trip. Good luck on your tournament.

I think the fence in the Monticello arm is for when it was once part of a crime scene and was cordoned off

#MFGA
Re: Bob Sandlin [Re: Douglas J] #14458634 08/24/22 11:41 PM
D
David Burton Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
D
Originally Posted by Douglas J

I think the fence in the Monticello arm is for when it was once part of a crime scene and was cordoned off

I would have watched that episode of Lone Star Law for sure if they had it at the time!

David Burton
2015 Skeeter FX 21 +Ultrex +Helix 12 (x3) +Mega360 +MegaLive
Re: Bob Sandlin [Re: Royram] #14458664 08/25/22 12:33 AM
A
Allen Bass Fisher Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
A
It really was not a "crime scene". Unless you count the developer in the cove cut down lots of trees to make the lots more desirable to buyers. It backfired on them as the state sued them for illegally cutting down the trees in the water. State got awarded something like $280/K. State put up the barricade (it has an opening wide enough for a boat) to stop floaters (from cut trees) from getting into the main lake.

Re: Bob Sandlin [Re: ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50)] #14458676 08/25/22 12:47 AM
D
Dubee Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
D

Please tell me you are kidding about why you think it's gated.

Re: Bob Sandlin [Re: Dubee] #14458692 08/25/22 01:13 AM
O
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
O
Originally Posted by Dubee

Please tell me you are kidding about why you think it's gated.

There is sign pretty much stating such at the gate.

2012 ZX200 Skeeter
2012 Yamaha 200 SHO

Isaiah 40:31 "but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles, they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
Re: Bob Sandlin [Re: Royram] #14458887 08/25/22 12:46 PM
D
DJB Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
D
I certainly wouldnt go by the theory if you don't see a stump your ok. That lake is tricky to run.

Re: Bob Sandlin [Re: Royram] #14458901 08/25/22 01:08 PM
L
Lake Fork Guide Marc Mitchell Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
L
Fished there yesterday .

I run a few trips over there from time to time.

Narrow trail down the middle and into most of the coves off the main lake.

Still need to be careful where you run.

If I can help just let me know ?

Re: Bob Sandlin [Re: Royram] #14459123 08/25/22 05:11 PM
L
LittleGazoo Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
L
Originally Posted by Royram
Are there any guide lane chips for Bob Sandlin?

http://lakepalestinefishingguide.com

Tom Mayne has Palestine, Tawakoni, Martin Creek & Bob Sandlin.

Last edited by LittleGazoo; 08/25/22 05:12 PM.
Re: Bob Sandlin [Re: Royram] #14459174 08/25/22 05:38 PM
R
Royram Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
R
Awesome thank you all for the help.

Re: Bob Sandlin [Re: Royram] #14459381 08/25/22 08:18 PM
SkeeterRonnie Offline
Super Freak
Super Freak
There are whole forests on the edges of the center boat lane. I know of one area in 35’ that has whole full grown pecan trees. Huge trees! Be careful out there. Just cause it looks clear don’t mean it is. There’s also some huge brushpiles about prop deep up near stouts creek along with a cove full of stumps.

Re: Bob Sandlin [Re: SkeeterRonnie] #14459461 08/25/22 09:27 PM
O
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
O
Originally Posted by SkeeterRonnie
There are whole forests on the edges of the center boat lane. I know of one area in 35’ that has whole full grown pecan trees. Huge trees! Be careful out there. Just cause it looks clear don’t mean it is. There’s also some huge brushpiles about prop deep up near stouts creek along with a cove full of stumps.

This for sure, it seems like once you leave the main lake body you'll find stumps quickly. I put in @ the state park off highway 21 and even that area has lots of stumps on that side of the lake. I'm going about half way out to the south side before trying to come up on plane. I fished back up above Barefoot Bay as well and once you get up in there it's has stumps too.

Last edited by ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50); 08/25/22 09:27 PM.

2012 ZX200 Skeeter
2012 Yamaha 200 SHO

Re: Bob Sandlin [Re: ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50)] #14459983 08/26/22 02:12 PM
F
forkduc Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
F
I run the east side from the hwy 21 bridge to the railroad bridge.
I like to launch at Titus County Park.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide