Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: The one rod to rule them all [Re: Jpurdue] #14445818 08/11/22 01:31 PM
Ken A. Offline
Groovy
Groovy
Originally Posted by Jpurdue
The NRX is hard to beat for sensitivity. However, if you want one rod to rule them all, I'd suggest a Conquest. It's just as sensitive or dang close to the NRX, lighter, better balanced, more backbone, and overall a more versatile rod. Worth the extra dough? Probably not, but if you want the finest out there, a Conquest is hard to beat.

Agreed. The NRX rods I own are split grip and too short for me. I like long handles from the reel to the butt. The GLX and Conquest both have longer handles and I prefer them.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: The one rod to rule them all [Re: prosise] #14445827 08/11/22 01:42 PM
crankbait745 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted by prosise
Honestly I think it's not the arrow, it's the Indian.. I know many old men who could put a whipping on others with just about anything you put in their hand. But I do like a certain feel in a rod.. Too many broken hearts when I would break a rod I built, so I just stay with affordable rods.. Just my .02 ...

I agree. I was fishing with Denali rods for a few years. I broke 3 on light hooksets and switched to Academy brand ethos hd rods. They are about half the price of the Denali and twice as sensitive. Only time will tell on durability but as of now I am very happy with them. Good luck in your search.

Re: The one rod to rule them all [Re: blackNblue_NTX] #14446021 08/11/22 04:47 PM
T
Teeners boat Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Love my Cajun Savannah Rods. One Med. 7', 2 med hvy 7' and one hvy 7'6 all 4 fast tips. Super sensitive, got a very strong backbone and a great hook set.

Reality. What a concept!
Re: The one rod to rule them all [Re: blackNblue_NTX] #14446033 08/11/22 05:02 PM
D
Douglas J Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D
Batson Blanks are the sha-sizzle

#MFGA
Re: The one rod to rule them all [Re: ezbassin] #14446160 08/11/22 06:58 PM
T
txmasterpo Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
T
Originally Posted by ezbassin
Honestly I think it's not the arrow, it's the Indian.. I know many old men who could put a whipping on others with just about anything you put in their hand. But I do like a certain feel in a rod.. Too many broken hearts when I would break a rod I built, so I just stay with affordable rods.. Just my .02 ...

The arrow vs the Indian has NOTHING to do with how sensitive a rod is or isn't. The question was what is the most sensitive rod on the market.

If you don't know what you're feeling in the first place, it probably matters more chief

http://www.trccovers.com

"I am large, I contain multitudes."

Walt Whitman
Re: The one rod to rule them all [Re: prosise] #14446175 08/11/22 07:08 PM
blackNblue_NTX Online Content OP
Outdoorsman
OP Online Content
Outdoorsman

So true, but I have never owned a high end rod in my life and I am honestly curious at this point of how different it truly feels. I have seen the hype around the G Loomis rods so I figure why not give it a go. Don't expect fish to just magically jump into the boat with a fancy rod and I have preferred the cheaper stuff my whole life but I am curious how sensitive it really is.

Re: The one rod to rule them all [Re: Douglas J] #14446192 08/11/22 07:22 PM
M
mossyback75 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
M
Originally Posted by Douglas J
Batson Blanks are the sha-sizzle

Agree. I love their Immortal series. Compared to NFC they weigh a ton but smooth crisp power no doubt.

Re: The one rod to rule them all [Re: blackNblue_NTX] #14446204 08/11/22 07:33 PM
Outdoordude Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted by blackNblue_NTX

So true, but I have never owned a high end rod in my life and I am honestly curious at this point of how different it truly feels. I have seen the hype around the G Loomis rods so I figure why not give it a go. Don't expect fish to just magically jump into the boat with a fancy rod and I have preferred the cheaper stuff my whole life but I am curious how sensitive it really is.

Skill and knowledge is a big part of it. A great musician can take a crappy instrument and make it sound good. Give that musician a great instrument and great things happen.

The most expensive rods I own are Falcon Caras. They're great and one of the most comfortable/balanced rods I have handled. But, they are clearly outclassed in sensitivity by the GLoomis NRX, the Dobyns Xtasy, and the MegaBass Destroyer. I've never liked the balance of the NRX, but it is the most sensitive rod I've ever handled.

Scott Jones
Re: The one rod to rule them all [Re: Outdoordude] #14446290 08/11/22 09:10 PM
E
ezbassin Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
E
Originally Posted by Outdoordude
Originally Posted by blackNblue_NTX

Skill and knowledge is a big part of it. A great musician can take a crappy instrument and make it sound good. Give that musician a great instrument and great things happen.

The most expensive rods I own are Falcon Caras. They're great and one of the most comfortable/balanced rods I have handled. But, they are clearly outclassed in sensitivity by the GLoomis NRX, the Dobyns Xtasy, and the MegaBass Destroyer. I've never liked the balance of the NRX, but it is the most sensitive rod I've ever handled.

I agree some fishermen are way over the top catching fish no matter what they are using...I totally agree.....but that was not his question. He asked for opinions on what the most sensitive rods were.

Re: The one rod to rule them all [Re: blackNblue_NTX] #14446293 08/11/22 09:12 PM
B
Bass Buster1 Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
B
I have fished mostly average rods most of my life because that is what I could afford. I have now purchased a few high end rods (NRX) and the difference to me is I can feel it when they suck in the bait vs. when they put tension on the line pulling on the bait. I had it happen Saturday, I pitched up under a dock and felt the fish suck it in on the fall. Lifted the rod slightly and yep....Do less expensive rods work, you bet most of mine are Falcons or TFO $100 rods. But it is a pleasure to fish with the two NRX rods I have where I can feel everything! To use an example from one of my other hobbies, I can cut a board with a fold up skill brand table saw but it is a pleasure to use my cabinet size professional saw stop! Both do the job, one is a lot more fun..

See you on the lake and have a great day!
Re: The one rod to rule them all [Re: txmasterpo] #14446317 08/11/22 09:45 PM
P
prosise Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
P
Originally Posted by txmasterpo

The arrow vs the Indian has NOTHING to do with how sensitive a rod is or isn't. The question was what is the most sensitive rod on the market.

If you don't know what you're feeling in the first place, it probably matters more chief

I agree with you, some do not know what they are feeling. Comes with time, and you have to be really mad at them for a long time to get that feeling. No offense on the high dollar rods. Would love to try one, but just too many broken hearts with all the custom rods I built over the years. Still have allot of eclectic rods in the arsenal, and love them.. Great rods are worth every penny when you get out and put a whoopin on them. Nothing better than being out on the water, and all the better when you put a hurting on your fishing buddy. Cheers on that..

Prosie

Re: The one rod to rule them all [Re: txmasterpo] #14446319 08/11/22 09:47 PM
E
ezbassin Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
E
Originally Posted by txmasterpo

Go back and read the question. That is not what he was asking. He wanted opinions on the most sensitive rods on the market.

Re: The one rod to rule them all [Re: blackNblue_NTX] #14446341 08/11/22 10:13 PM
M
mossyback75 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
M
When speaking of sensitivity carbon fiber grips are a must. I prefer exposed blank reel seats as well. Not only are carbon fiber grips as light as cork the sensitivity is basically direct from the blank. I see these 700 dollars rods out there (wont name any names) that still have cork grips. Dont get it. I know many prefer cork for whatever reason but to me there is no looking back. The difference is mind blowing in feel of everything. Bottom, bait movement and vibration, bite, ect. In other words those of yall not building rods or having them built look for carbon fiber grips on the store bought ones.

Re: The one rod to rule them all [Re: blackNblue_NTX] #14446386 08/11/22 11:14 PM
G
grout-scout Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G
It’s almost scary how amazing Jacob Wheeler would be if he had expensive rods and to think what KVD could have been, had he not used Nitro & quantum reels. If you can’t feel the fish bite a worm or jig on any rod made, I don’t think a $700 rod is going to make you any better.

Re: The one rod to rule them all [Re: blackNblue_NTX] #14446390 08/11/22 11:16 PM
Huckleberry Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
How about this reel seat

[Linked Image]

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide