texasfishingforum.com logo
Main Menu
Advertisement
Affiliates
Advertisement
Newest Members
Cameron Gose, Jetskirentals512, Flashin Assassin Lures, SoonerTex0623, Bobby J.
119181 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
hopalong 121,008
TexDawg 119,783
Bigbob_FTW 95,320
John175☮ 85,918
Pilothawk 83,274
Bob Davis 82,323
Mark Perry 72,486
Derek 🐝 68,321
JDavis7873 67,416
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics1,038,878
Posts13,954,690
Members144,181
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Intermittent Fasting [Re: Dan90210 ☮] #14422319 07/17/22 04:09 PM
Okie Poke Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
Feeling strong as an ox today after my 5.5mi walk. I actually tried jogging a little, too…..very little. I still ain’t walking past butch’s house, though. He loaded, cocked, and ready.

Weight today…… 231

😎 Dallas Cowboys....eventual Superbowl Champions 😎

Re: Intermittent Fasting [Re: Dan90210 ☮] #14422566 07/17/22 08:53 PM
Okie Poke Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
Here’s dinner this afternoon, or is it called linner? All I know it’s my last meal of the day until 11am tomorrow. You can eat anything you want if you fast. This plate had more on it than what I’m used to but loaded with carbs and flavor. We swam at the lake today for a little added exercise. God Bless all of those wakeboats out there today. I waved at all of them with a one finger salute! 😂

[Linked Image]

Re: Intermittent Fasting [Re: Okie Poke] #14445695 08/11/22 08:39 AM
Okie Poke Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Okie Poke
Feeling strong as an ox today after my 5.5mi walk. I actually tried jogging a little, too…..very little. I still ain’t walking past butch’s house, though. He loaded, cocked, and ready.

Weight today…… 231

I'm proud to say that my weight today is......228

We working it low and slow, just like a good piece of meat. Heck, by this time next year I will turn sideways and you may not even be able to see me! Leaving for AR in about an hour. I promise I'll be back up some by Monday cause I've got some voodoo and real good vittles packed up and ready for the weekend. Ya'll have a good one!

Re: Intermittent Fasting [Re: Dan90210 ☮] #14595891 01/13/23 03:06 PM
T
The Netstretcher Online Content
Pro Angler
Online Content
Pro Angler
T
I'm reading The Obesity Code now and probably going to start IF soon, any updates from people that have been doing it?

Re: Intermittent Fasting [Re: Dan90210 ☮] #14596016 01/13/23 04:09 PM
L
LoneStarSon Online Content
Private Dancer
Online Content
Private Dancer
L
I've done it since 9/1/2021. I have lost 98.6 pounds since then. HOWEVER, I only lost 6 pounds in 10 weeks when I started intermittent fasting and not actually counting my calories. There have been numerous studies that show it does not work the way most people do it. It helps me control when I eat, which is important to me, because I am a grazer. Before I started intermittent fasting, if I was bored, I ate. If I smelled food, I ate. If I was stressed or things were just [censored] in my life, I ate. If I was celebrating, I ate. Basically, I ate. Now, I limit the times I eat from 12 pm to 8 pm and I have changed my diet. So, I don't buy into the intermittent fasting as a real diet plan that is sustainable. I use it to change my behavior.

Primarily, I don't eat breads or sugars. I eat whole foods, not very many processed foods at all. One day a week, I do eat a sandwich with my best friend, but other than that, I'm good.

I also eat a LOT of vegetables with my meals, usually 4 or 5 sides of vegetables and one protein.

Re: Intermittent Fasting [Re: Dan90210 ☮] #14596406 01/13/23 09:40 PM
F
Flip Flop Fisher Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
F
so it works if you eat less overall

Re: Intermittent Fasting [Re: Flip Flop Fisher] #14596539 01/14/23 12:10 AM
L
Private Dancer
Online Content
Private Dancer
L
Originally Posted by Flip Flop Fisher

Not necessarily. Like for me, I can't eat dairy products other than butter. They screw up my digestive system and I stop losing weight for days/weeks. I miss cheese. Every single body is different.

The way most people tout Intermittent Fasting is that you can eat whatever you want, as long as you eat it within an 8 hour span. That's [censored].

Re: Intermittent Fasting [Re: Dan90210 ☮] #14615254 01/31/23 04:55 PM
R
RayBob Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
R
Originally Posted by Dan90210 ☮
I have been trying this out for two weeks and really am getting into it!

I eat dinner and that is it. Not doing the 16/8 version that is so popular. I want to jump right into the advanced level. No snack. No breakfast or lunch. Water, Topo Chico and green tea. Then when dinner comes I dont go hog wild. Just try to eat real food and in normal amount. Real food meaning not from a box. Salmon, spinach and a baked potatoes have been my go to.

The hunger comes in waves but passes pretty quick. I had tried carnivore, low cal/low fat, keto and they all work for a period. Two weeks into this experiment and down 11 lbs. Hoping this is something that I can adjust to doing longer term. Once you get "use" to it...its manageable. I actually feel sharper actually! Physically and mentally. But I wont lie... you can feel the hunger at times. Gotta work through it.

I read a great book by Dr. Jason Fung called "The Obesity Code" that was really informative. Lots of data based on the best research out there. Its not too dry and gives you a really well rounded understanding of body weight and how its regulated. And get this... he says that calories do not make you fat, insulin does!

Anyone read this book or have any experience with fasting for health and weight loss?

Yes. That (Fung books) were Mrs RayBob's go-to source when she started this type of lifestyle eating in Sept 2022. She talked me into this so I started in October. I'm down 24 lbs but I'm much older than you and we periodically have cheat days. I was quite the fat-azz at 222 lbs and 5'7". I'm at 198 now. Goal is 170. Mrs RayBob also joined a FB IF group. Also she says loss of inches are more important than pounds.

A tip or maybe a trick to fool your body when hungry is we keep a small bottle of the pink himalayan salt "rocks". Put one or 2 under your tongue occasionally when hunger hits or if you get a headache.

Advice? Wise men don't need it. Fools won't heed it.

Re: Intermittent Fasting [Re: Dan90210 ☮] #14628818 02/13/23 12:42 PM
R
rileycoll2 Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
R
when i am working from home im pretty solid omad (one meal a day) but its tougher when i am out and about normally have 2. eating at 5-7pm everyday really makes a bit difference and get plenty of time to do other stuff and save money/energy ofc.

Re: Intermittent Fasting [Re: Dan90210 ☮] #14649199 03/03/23 06:16 PM
GODSDOZER Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Wife and I have been carnivore for 6 months. Have no plans to ever change our diet. We enjoy it.

Last edited by GODSDOZER; 03/03/23 06:16 PM.
Re: Intermittent Fasting [Re: Dan90210 ☮] #14675295 03/29/23 08:33 PM
diggerwolf Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
I found that IF works for me if I eat only when I'm hungry.

By "hungry" I mean when my belly grumbles. Not when I'm bored, or it's "time to eat."

It doesn't usually take much, just a small meal. No need to pig out, just eat a normal portion of whatever I want then wait for my stomach to growl again.

Another thing I've learned - if I don't wake up starving, then I ate too much the night before. Dinner to breakfast should be about a 12-hour fast. Hence the name, break-fast.

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!" ― Hunter S. Thompson
Re: Intermittent Fasting [Re: Flip Flop Fisher] #14675443 03/29/23 10:01 PM
L
Private Dancer
Online Content
Private Dancer
L

I'm now down 108.6 pounds. I actually eat a lot more now than I have in years. I'm also the smallest in my waist since I was very late in my 20th year, or when I was 21 (can't remember exactly), but I still have 7.4 pounds to lose before my weight is the lightest since then. Overall, I eat a lot more foods, just lower calories because I eat more vegetables than proteins at my meals and I don't eat breads/things made with flour or sugar.

Re: Intermittent Fasting [Re: LoneStarSon] #14680862 04/04/23 02:33 PM
O
OTFF Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
O
Originally Posted by LoneStarSon

I'm now down 108.6 pounds. I actually eat a lot more now than I have in years. I'm also the smallest in my waist since I was very late in my 20th year, or when I was 21 (can't remember exactly), but I still have 7.4 pounds to lose before my weight is the lightest since then. Overall, I eat a lot more foods, just lower calories because I eat more vegetables than proteins at my meals and I don't eat breads/things made with flour or sugar.

Healthy food is the foundation. Period. Healthy. Not what the food industry wants you to eat. All these gimmick diets only work for a season. Not a life. Already studies are starting to come out showing the negative effects of the keto craze. Healthy food equals eat all you want. If one gives it just a bit of time for your body and tastes to develop for truly healthy foods, it is life changing and amazing. I ate a salad last night that came entirely out of my garden this year and it was as good as anything I have ever eaten.

Extra weight is deadly over the long haul.

Luke 6:22-23

22 Blessed are you when people hate you,
when they exclude you, insult you,
and slander your name as evil
because of the Son of Man.

23 Rejoice in that day and leap for joy. Take note—your reward is great in heaven, for this is the way their ancestors used to treat the prophets.
Re: Intermittent Fasting [Re: OTFF] #14683486 04/06/23 09:27 PM
R
RayBob Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
R
Originally Posted by OTFF
Originally Posted by LoneStarSon

Healthy food is the foundation. Period. Healthy. Not what the food industry wants you to eat. All these gimmick diets only work for a season. Not a life. Already studies are starting to come out showing the negative effects of the keto craze. Healthy food equals eat all you want. If one gives it just a bit of time for your body and tastes to develop for truly healthy foods, it is life changing and amazing. I ate a salad last night that came entirely out of my garden this year and it was as good as anything I have ever eaten.

Extra weight is deadly over the long haul.

My wife got on a healthy food kick, no processed food, salads out the wazoo . . . it was hell around here as nobody else could/would eat her choices. On top of that she had inflammatory issues (sore joints). She was not overweight ever ... she's 5'5" and at her most weighed 145 (2022). Finally last fall as she would still gain weight at a rate of 2-4 lbs a year(she's 52) she happened upon the literature mentioned in the OP by Dan written by Dr. Jason Fung. She read several other authors also and their theories/findings/observations/proposed benefits concerning intermittent fasting and started making that a lifestyle late summer/early fall 2022. I got on board in late October 2022. (I'm 5'7" and weighed 222 in 10/2022)) She is down to 122 and I'm down to 192. We're continuing this journey. My goal is to live at less than 160. She has reached her goal weight for the most part but more importantly her pain is much less.

Note: her hip pain was so bad in her R hip that she had a full radiological workup where a "shadow" was seen in the R pelvic girdle which resulted in a consult with an oncologist in Htown. (scared the krap out of us). Follow up MRI and the shadow has since dissipated (1/23). I have to conclude based on my experience that the weighted MRI image was showing an inflammatory process. The early reports in August was possible multiple myeloma, that was the "shadow" seen on the 1st MRI imaging.

I'm sold on the intermittent fasting. I know some say it won't work without significant caloric cuts but once you only eat over only a 4 hour window the end result is you're taking in less calories by default.

I am also working to cut back on most processed foods and glutens.

As alway, YMMV.

Advice? Wise men don't need it. Fools won't heed it.

Re: Intermittent Fasting [Re: Dan90210 ☮] #14684365 04/07/23 06:17 PM
J
Jpurdue Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
J
Glad to see so many people having success with various things. Aside from quitting smoking getting to and staying at a healthy weight is the number one thing you can do to improve your health and the number of healthy active years you have to live. I think the secret is there is no secret. When you are trying to lose weight you need to have a caloric deficit. Get there in whatever way suits you best and is sustainable for your particular lifestyle. Whether that's Keto, carnivore, weight watchers, intermittent fasting, paleo, whole 30, or whatever. Once you get to a healthy weight, it's time to focus in on building muscle and stability.

Great book on this I just read called, "Outlive" by Peter Attia. I can't recommend it enough if you are trying to live a longer healthier life.

Keep it up gents!

"Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley." -A.L.

www.LunkerLore.com

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide