Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Should we be helping Ukraine? [Re: Jpurdue] #14444683 08/10/22 02:59 AM
M
Mulejockey1 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
M
Absolutely not. Corrupt government and pos leader. Much like this country’s.

I prefer peace.But if trouble must come let it come in my time. So that my children may live in peace

Paine
Re: Should we be helping Ukraine? [Re: Jpurdue] #14444687 08/10/22 03:09 AM
1oldbassguy Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
hell no , we have spent and wasted Trillions of dollars being the worlds police for NOTHING .
The only benefit is the people in the US arms business , the lobbyist's that get paid and the politicians getting kick backs .
If that money was spent here on education , jobs training , defending our border and securing our schools ---- we would all benefit

Re: Should we be helping Ukraine? [Re: Jpurdue] #14444696 08/10/22 03:53 AM
N
Nickbyrd Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
N
One shouldn’t mind anyone’s buisness but there own . And as far as money goes I don’t care to be captainsaveahoe
To someone else when we have our own issues.

Mine eat first and they eat second if theres anything left to eat . It’s that simple .

Re: Should we be helping Ukraine? [Re: Nickbyrd] #14444703 08/10/22 04:39 AM
Bee'z Offline
honey boo boo
honey boo boo
Originally Posted by Nickbyrd
One shouldn’t mind anyone’s buisness but there own . And as far as money goes I don’t care to be captainsaveahoe

Mine eat first and they eat second if theres anything left to eat . It’s that simple .

That is why they are hiring 87,000 new IRS agents lol.

[Linked Image]
Re: Should we be helping Ukraine? [Re: Jpurdue] #14444707 08/10/22 05:31 AM
G
Gusick Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
G
I'm going to get one of those new IRS jobs, then I'm going to audit HoneyBeez.

Re: Should we be helping Ukraine? [Re: Nickbyrd] #14444848 08/10/22 01:34 PM
Mark Perry Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
Originally Posted by Nickbyrd

Yep, somewhere along the way, the average working class American has become a second class citizen to the politicians and do gooders.
Our people should come first. Once we take care of our own then we can help others. The US is like that 4 times divorced person trying to give relationship advice to their friends.

Re: Should we be helping Ukraine? [Re: Jpurdue] #14444989 08/10/22 03:58 PM
D
Dave-0 Offline
DYSON
DYSON
D
Name ONE country that taxes their citizens and sends money to the U.S.. Just one.

I'll wait...

popcorn2

Laws won't fix a sin problem. What this world needs is a revival, change of the heart. ~The Skipper

Age is a number. Old is a lifestyle.
Re: Should we be helping Ukraine? [Re: Jpurdue] #14445018 08/10/22 04:26 PM
John175☮ Online Happy
MACHO MAN
Online Happy
MACHO MAN
George Washington said it well...

WASHINGTON’S FAREWELL ADDRESS
"The great rule of conduct for us in regard to foreign nations is, in extending our commercial relations, to have with them as little political connection as possible. So far as we have already formed engagements, let them be fulfilled with perfect good faith. Here let us stop. Europe has a set of primary interests, which to us have none, or a very remote relation. Hence she must be engaged in frequent controversies, the causes of which are essentially foreign to our concerns. Hence therefore it must be unwise in us to implicate ourselves, by artificial ties, in the ordinary vicissitudes of her politics or the ordinary combinations and collisions of her friendships or enmities. Our detached and distant situation invites and enables us to pursue a different course. If we remain one people under an efficient government, the period is not far off when we may defy material injury from external annoyance; when we may take such an attitude as will cause the neutrality we may at any time resolve upon to be scrupulously respected; when belligerent nations, under the impossibility of making acquisitions upon us, will not lightly hazard the giving us provocation; when we may choose peace or war, as our interest, guided by justice, shall counsel. Why forgo the advantages of so peculiar a situation? Why quit our own to stand upon foreign ground? Why, by interweaving our destiny with that of any part of Europe, entangle our peace and prosperity in the toils of European ambition, rivalship, interest, humor, or caprice? It is our true policy to steer clear of permanent alliances with any portion of the foreign world—so far, I mean, as we are now at liberty to do it—for let me not be understood as capable of patronizing infidelity to existing engagements (I hold the maxim no less applicable to public than to private affairs, that honesty is always the best policy)—I repeat it therefore, let those engagements be observed in their genuine sense. But in my opinion it is unnecessary and would be unwise to extend them. Taking care always to keep ourselves, by suitable establishments, on a respectably defensive posture, we may safely trust to temporary alliances for extraordinary emergencies. Harmony, liberal intercourse with all nations, are recommended by policy, humanity, and interest. But even our commercial policy should hold an equal and impartial hand: neither seeking nor granting exclusive favors or preferences; consulting the natural course of things; diffusing and diversifying by gentle means the streams of commerce but forcing nothing; establishing with powers so disposed—in order to give to trade a stable course, to define the rights of our merchants, and to enable the government to support them—conventional rules of intercourse, the best that present circumstances and mutual opinion will permit, but temporary, and liable to be from time to time abandoned or varied, as experience and circumstances shall dictate; constantly keeping in view, that it is folly in one nation to look for disinterested favors from another—that it must pay with a portion of its independence for whatever it may accept under that character—that by such acceptance it may place itself in the condition of having given equivalents for nominal favors and yet of being reproached with ingratitude for not giving more. There can be no greater error than to expect or calculate upon real favors from nation to nation. It is an illusion which experience must cure, which a just pride ought to discard."

https://www.senate.gov/artandhistory/history/resources/pdf/Washingtons_Farewell_Address.pdf

“Do not pray for easier lives. Pray to be stronger men.” -JFK
Re: Should we be helping Ukraine? [Re: Jpurdue] #14445022 08/10/22 04:28 PM
reeltexan Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity

This country is $30,000,000,000,000,000.00 in debt

Next Question

"..The pleasantist angling is to see the fish
Cut with her golden oars the silver stream,
And greedily devour the treacherous bait.
Bill Shakespeare

[Linked Image]
Re: Should we be helping Ukraine? [Re: reeltexan] #14445069 08/10/22 05:18 PM
J
Jpurdue Online Content OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Online Content
TFF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted by reeltexan

This country is $30,000,000,000,000,000.00 in debt

Next Question

And what portion of that debt is tied to our defense spending since the end of the cold war? We've been spending 3/4 of a trillion dollars a year on defense, largely to stay ahead of Russia and China...

So if Russia collapses economically or militarily because of this whole Ukraine deal, one of our biggest strategic enemies effectively ceases to exist. It's like being the big stack at the poker table and loaning the small stack a few chips as they go all in on the 2nd biggest stack.

We spend 50 billion helping to weaken the Russians and if they collapse we can cut our defense spending by a quarter trillion since we only have the Chinese to worry about. It's called an ROI.

Or... we sit back and do nothing, let them take Ukraine, get access to their vast natural resources, and wind up spending a trillion + a year in increased defense as they grow strong and continue you on with Putin's reassembly of the old soviet union. His publicly stated objective. The math seems simple to me.

"Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley." -A.L.

www.LunkerLore.com

Re: Should we be helping Ukraine? [Re: Jpurdue] #14445082 08/10/22 05:27 PM
a777pilot Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Kim Jung Un has just offered to Putin 100,000 volunteers to fight for Russia in Ukraine for wheat and other food.

This is rapidly turning into World War III. Which in my opinion is just what Biden's controllers want. I see Biden declaring a national emergency because of a real or phony war, then disband/cancel this coming election or election results.

Then we move into a civil war/revolution.

Boy, I hope I am wrong.

Look! Up in the sky. It's a bird. It's a plane. No, it's an EMP!

Re: Should we be helping Ukraine? [Re: Jpurdue] #14445088 08/10/22 05:36 PM
C
CCTX Online Content
mapquest
Online Content
mapquest
C
In the past sixty years, government military spending decreased in five of those years (from 1990-1991; and then from 2011-1015)
As a percentage of GDP, the overall trend has been decreasing.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Re: Should we be helping Ukraine? [Re: Jpurdue] #14445093 08/10/22 05:39 PM
Pilothawk Offline
Pumpkin Head
Pumpkin Head
I am concerned by the vast numbers of Americans who view a future without war.

The hard fact is that Putin is going to attempt to expand his empire well beyond the borders of Ukraine. China is fully committed to beating the US economically and militarily. The battle rages while America slumbers. Denial only makes the future battles all the more inevitable.

KANSAS JAYHAWK BASKETBALL - Where tradition comes from [Linked Image]
2008 NATIONAL BASKETBALL CHAMPIONS-ORANGE BOWL CHAMPIONS 2008
52 Conf Champs /5 Nat'l Champs
Re: Should we be helping Ukraine? [Re: CCTX] #14445094 08/10/22 05:39 PM
S
Sawhorse Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by CCTX
In the past sixty years, government military spending decreased in five of those years (from 1990-1991; and then from 2011-1015)
As a percentage of GDP, the overall trend has been decreasing.

[Linked Image]

I like charts.

Re: Should we be helping Ukraine? [Re: Pilothawk] #14445152 08/10/22 06:39 PM
John175☮ Online Happy
MACHO MAN
Online Happy
MACHO MAN
Originally Posted by Pilothawk
I am concerned by the vast numbers of Americans who view a future without war.

The hard fact is that Putin is going to attempt to expand his empire well beyond the borders of Ukraine. China is fully committed to beating the US economically and militarily. The battle rages while America slumbers. Denial only makes the future battles all the more inevitable.

I know we'll be at war. We are never not at war. Ukraine will fall no matter how much money and weapons we throw at it. China will take Taiwan and corner the chip manufacturing market and use our consumer dollars and interest on the debt to do it. We will bluster and feign ability to stop them but they will prevail none the less.

When do we cut our losses as World Police Force and plan to take steps on getting our house in order? "Fight them there so we don't have to fight them here" has been overplayed.

“Do not pray for easier lives. Pray to be stronger men.” -JFK
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide