Page 26 of 27 1 2 24 25 26 27
Re: Cheaters on Eagle Mountain [Re: Douglas J] #14433672 07/29/22 01:36 PM
K
Ken Starling Online Happy
TFF Team Angler
Online Happy
TFF Team Angler
K
I can answer this just so the rumors or incorrect info doesn’t get out there.
The incident at Texoma was just one of the kids involved and it was for soliciting info during the off limits of a event. He was withdrawn from the event before it took place.I will also say that it is not the kid that Donnie has mentioned in the post about apologizing.
Originally Posted by Douglas J
Originally Posted by Hardheadfish
So how did they get DQ at Texoma

This was prior to the EM incident? Which one or both?
Hearsay or is it fact?

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Cheaters on Eagle Mountain [Re: dkmore] #14433713 07/29/22 02:06 PM
J
J.P. Greeson Offline
the janitor
the janitor
J
Originally Posted by txmasterpo
Originally Posted by tsubrett
Originally Posted by ezbassin
Originally Posted by txmasterpo
Buncha silly prideful mother [censored] on this thread....I'm 35 year LEO and if you think a several hundred dollar ticket, a ruined name, and zero opportunity to fish for their school or really any other adult trail forever isn't harsh enough for two 17 year old, go [censored] yourself! They're kids, did a dumb kid thing, were punished....14 pages of righteousness though soap

You need to clean up your language also on here or get banned from posting completely. You are as pathetic as the boys that cheated. Same class act.

20 plus pages of thrashing some high school kids and this is what gets you fired up? They messed up and are paying the ultimate price just in an unorthodox way.. Txmasterpo, thank u for your service in law enforcement. Karen, I mean ezbassin, if u think cursing online is in the same class as cheating, u live in a bubble.

I actually LOLed.....sorry sunshine....I speak how I speak.... it's sensored if those scary words hurt you

Originally Posted by ezbassin
Just shows what a low class person you are.

Do you guys need a room? Good lord, calm down. All you both are doing is making yourselves look bad in front of a group of your peers. Bass fishing is a very small world and we all know or have connections to one another.

The solution to any problem - work, love, money, whatever - is to go fishing, and the worse the problem, the longer the trip should be. --John Gierach

[Linked Image]
Re: Cheaters on Eagle Mountain [Re: dkmore] #14433724 07/29/22 02:14 PM
D
Dan21XRS Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
D
Forgiveness is up to the anglers who's money they attempted to steal through a loooooong thought out plan of deception... I'd never fish an event if they were entered... It's hard enough already hard enough already with all the whispers and innuendos that fly around the tournament scene... A known cheater is a no go, at least for me... Will the TTO allow these two to fish in the future???... Dan

"The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood"...
Lou Holtz
Re: Cheaters on Eagle Mountain [Re: dkmore] #14433818 07/29/22 03:21 PM
H
HookaToad Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
H
J.P. in the name of all that is Holy please shut this down....

Good Fishing and God Bless

“I’d rather be a failure at something I enjoy than to be a success at something I hate”

Re: Cheaters on Eagle Mountain [Re: dkmore] #14433839 07/29/22 03:37 PM
B
bockscar Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
I like that this forum has gotten less toxic since I was banned the entire last month. Really proves that banning ONLY certain people for things many do, improves the quality of posts and minimizes the toxicity we see.

Re: Cheaters on Eagle Mountain [Re: Jpurdue] #14433883 07/29/22 04:33 PM
B
Bass Buster1 Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
B
Originally Posted by Jpurdue
Originally Posted by dkmore
I wanted to provide the following update because I feel like this is worthy of giving attention to. I received a phone call from Joe Zimmerman. He went to his coach and together they called me. He was apologetic about what happened and wanted to make sure he personally gave his apology to me. After our phone call, he followed up with an email giving a formal written apology to me, the organization, and the fishing community. He offered to do some community service or make some type of public apology to the anglers and others who were affected by his actions. He asked that I not disclose his letter and I promise to honor that; however, I want it known that he did send a written formal apology. This letter doesn’t excuse his actions, but it definitely shows character for someone his age to own his actions and take responsibility.

I absolutely feel like his apology was sincere and I admire his courage to take responsibility for his actions. I commended him for calling me and making an amends. I think it shows good character despite a bad decision he made. I also think it’s important to state that Joe Zimmerman admitted to helping place fish in the basket the day before the tournament, but he didn’t fish the tournament with Josh Phillips when Josh was caught cheating.

With that, I didn’t request anything of Joe Zimmerman, but I am publicly inviting him to come to any TTO event and help so he can gain an appreciation for how tournaments are run and what happens behind the scenes.

Also, I want to address the comments and social media that has blown up over this. I can’t tell anyone what to say or how to react, but I am asking that if anyone has any comments to please keep it about the situation and not as a personal attack against these boys. Whatever your opinion, there’s no need to personally attack these kids. In my original post on the fishing forum, I just wanted to get the facts out because I didn’t want rumors to start flying and getting out of hand and I had so many phone calls with questions and I was constantly having to correct misinformation.

Given you are one of the folks most directly impacted, I think your approach here is classy. So often apologies are offered and flat rejected. Thanks for sharing.

Yep,this is good work! Owning your mistakes and doing what you can to make things right is what real men do! Forgiving others their trespasses against us is also something real people who believe in Him do...I know part of His suffering was on my behalf yet He offers me grace...maybe I should be quicker to do the same for others...

See you on the lake and have a great day!
Re: Cheaters on Eagle Mountain [Re: bockscar] #14433887 07/29/22 04:35 PM
J
J.P. Greeson Offline
the janitor
the janitor
J
Originally Posted by bockscar
I like that this forum has gotten less toxic since I was banned the entire last month. Really proves that banning ONLY certain people for things many do, improves the quality of posts and minimizes the toxicity we see.

You keep getting banned because you don't follow the rules. They are pretty simple and work for most folks on our forums. Most of our members have never been banned - about 5% have been banned once and 1% get repeatedly banned. Here are the rules for your review: https://texasfishingforum.com/rules.htm

Maybe you can figure out what rule it is you broke with this post.

The solution to any problem - work, love, money, whatever - is to go fishing, and the worse the problem, the longer the trip should be. --John Gierach

[Linked Image]
Re: Cheaters on Eagle Mountain [Re: HookaToad] #14433891 07/29/22 04:36 PM
J
J.P. Greeson Offline
the janitor
the janitor
J
Originally Posted by HookaToad

I said I would close it around 7:30 pm tonight. I think I need to stick to my word.

[Linked Image]
Re: Cheaters on Eagle Mountain [Re: flashman252] #14433899 07/29/22 04:41 PM
butch sanders Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by flashman252
Originally Posted by grout-scout
I guess this thread is proof that kids are too stupid to be buying guns at the age of 18. One year obviously isn’t going to make them mature enough, if they aren’t smart enough to know the difference between right and wrong.

And I’m on page 23…

Might have a point here.

great point
this has been fabulous

Re: Cheaters on Eagle Mountain [Re: butch sanders] #14433905 07/29/22 04:43 PM
Tiltman Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by butch sanders
Originally Posted by flashman252
Originally Posted by grout-scout
I guess this thread is proof that kids are too stupid to be buying guns at the age of 18. One year obviously isn’t going to make them mature enough, if they aren’t smart enough to know the difference between right and wrong.

And I’m on page 23…

Might have a point here.

great point
this has been fabulous

dammit once again I agree w a butch point

too stupid to buy gun, vote, drive, and just generally make good decisions

Re: Cheaters on Eagle Mountain [Re: J.P. Greeson] #14433907 07/29/22 04:44 PM
R
RBDavis3591 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
R
Originally Posted by J.P. Greeson
I said I would close it around 7:30 pm tonight. I think I need to stick to my word.

Wonder who will try to get the last post in before the lock? Should there be a betting line on it?

Re: Cheaters on Eagle Mountain [Re: J.P. Greeson] #14433910 07/29/22 04:46 PM
T
Texan Til I Die Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
T
Originally Posted by J.P. Greeson
Originally Posted by HookaToad

This will be my one and only post in this thread. You might want to shut it down before happy hour kicks in. grin

"If ever time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Re: Cheaters on Eagle Mountain [Re: dkmore] #14433938 07/29/22 05:12 PM
S
Slacklinedime Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
S
WOW this has gotten out of hand..
They are young men and know right from wrong, they know they did wrong.
Did they do this on there own? Unknown.
Was this the first time they did it? Unknown.
Should they be banned for life? No
Should they be held responsible for what they did? Yes
Should they have to give back to the fishing community in some way? Yes, like helping at tournaments, cleaning up lakes/ ponds, washing boats, education from TP&W Wardens... you get the point.
I guess what i am saying is the kids need to work on regain the respect of the community by owning what they did and try to make it right, is this an overnight thing? NO! but if they put in the work it will make them better people and ourselves.
Do better everyday in all you do.

Do something different, you will be surprised what happens.
2020 Xpress H20B
115 Yamaha SHO
Re: Cheaters on Eagle Mountain [Re: dkmore] #14433943 07/29/22 05:16 PM
B
Black Dallas Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
B
good for joe, its a darn good step in the right direction. any word from the other kid? that actually got caught?

Re: Cheaters on Eagle Mountain [Re: Black Dallas] #14433953 07/29/22 05:33 PM
C
coachallentca Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted by black dallas
good for joe, its a darn good step in the right direction. any word from the other kid? that actually got caught?

yea most would like to know. Seems like Joe is trying to make amends but what about the other guy. You would hope both kids learn and come forward to make things right.. We know Joe is trying.

Page 26 of 27 1 2 24 25 26 27
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide