Print Thread
Page 18 of 27 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 26 27
Re: Cheaters on Eagle Mountain [Re: dkmore] #14431729 07/27/22 04:25 PM
B
Bass Buster1 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Anyone on here calling for justice ever cull a dead or nearly dead fish? How about lie to your wife about where you have been? How about stretch the truth publically to make yourself look good(old school snap chat)? To be clear I called for appropriate punishment, choices have consequences, and hopefully a lesson learned. These are kids who learned this behavior probably from an adult, not an excuse but they are kids who chose to do wrong! I chose to do wrong as a kid many times and probably most on here are in the same boat. Good grief, a few pharisees and sadducees at work here..."Let he who is without sin first cast a stone at her"...only one perfect person ever...

See you on the lake and have a great day!
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Cheaters on Eagle Mountain [Re: J.P. Greeson] #14431730 07/27/22 04:28 PM
H
Hook'em79 Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
H
Originally Posted by J.P. Greeson
I think they should be charged, given 12-36 months probation, 150-300 hours of community service, then if they finish their community service and stay out of trouble while on probation, the charges should be dropped. If someone did make a phone call on their behalf to get them off, that's a bad learning experience for them.

100% onboard with this.

I really hope they didn't get some simple $50 illegal fish kidnapping fine.....

God, Family, Friends
www.sterlingtractor.com

Re: Cheaters on Eagle Mountain [Re: dkmore] #14431737 07/27/22 04:34 PM
R
Rescue Fire Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
R
I love this world we live in. We now have to be worried about the mental well-being of the thieves that are trying to steal from us.

Re: Cheaters on Eagle Mountain [Re: Bass Buster1] #14431742 07/27/22 04:40 PM
J
J.P. Greeson Offline
the janitor
the janitor
J
Originally Posted by Bass Buster1
Anyone on here calling for justice ever cull a dead or nearly dead fish? How about lie to your wife about where you have been? How about stretch the truth publically to make yourself look good(old school snap chat)? To be clear I called for appropriate punishment, choices have consequences, and hopefully a lesson learned. These are kids who learned this behavior probably from an adult, not an excuse but they are kids who chose to do wrong! I chose to do wrong as a kid many times and probably most on here are in the same boat. Good grief, a few pharisees and sadducees at work here..."Let he who is without sin first cast a stone at her"...only one perfect person ever...

I also made a number of bad choices and mistakes as a kid. I paid the piper for some and a few times didn't. I didn't steal anything from a store, but when I was 12 or 13, for some reason me and one of my best friends snuck out at night and collected car tire valve caps. We had a 5-gallon bucket full of them in the fort behind my friend's house when his parents found them. They made us go around putting caps back on tires for a few weeks. To be honest, every day, we just dumped the caps somewhere. Was that stealing? Absolutely. We were punk kids and both got our azzes chewed pretty good over it and probably got the belt as well.

Are these boys the devil? Absolutely not. They made a mistake and there should be consequences, but they should also be given the chance to redeem themselves.

I imagine there are a lot of folks on this thread and all over social media throwing stones from glass houses.

The solution to any problem - work, love, money, whatever - is to go fishing, and the worse the problem, the longer the trip should be. --John Gierach

[Linked Image]
Re: Cheaters on Eagle Mountain [Re: dkmore] #14431745 07/27/22 04:42 PM
T
tx_basser Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
T
As someone who has had teenage children that tested their limits with the law/justice system. I can say their minds are not right and well formed at that age, so them understanding the impact of their decisions very limited.

Re: Cheaters on Eagle Mountain [Re: dkmore] #14431754 07/27/22 04:50 PM
J
J.P. Greeson Offline
the janitor
the janitor
J
Originally Posted by Rescue Fire
I love this world we live in. We now have to be worried about the mental well-being of the thieves that are trying to steal from us.

That statement pretty much reflects your entire career here on the TFF, though you are not nearly the character you were under your old Alton K account. These are two young men who have been doing wrong a while - not 40-year-old career criminals.

The solution to any problem - work, love, money, whatever - is to go fishing, and the worse the problem, the longer the trip should be. --John Gierach

[Linked Image]
Re: Cheaters on Eagle Mountain [Re: dkmore] #14431756 07/27/22 04:51 PM
R
Rescue Fire Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
R
I can’t imagine having to go home and tell my parents that I got caught cheating.

The first question would be, how were you cheating and what were you cheating at?

I was cheating to try to steal money from other people.

That last sentence is what is at the heart of this entire issue. That is why I don’t want to hear these were just kids doing dumb kid things or their mind isn’t formed totally yet. Cheating/stealing/thievery should never be acceptable or tolerated or glossed over

Re: Cheaters on Eagle Mountain [Re: dkmore] #14431761 07/27/22 04:54 PM
J
J.P. Greeson Offline
the janitor
the janitor
J
Let's put it to a vote. Do we leave this thread open, or is it time to lock it? When we have a clear winner, we will take action

lock or don't lock
single choice
lock (39%, 43 Votes)
don't lock (61%, 66 Votes)
Total Votes: 109
Voting on this poll ends: 0 seconds ago
Last edited by J.P. Greeson; 07/27/22 05:06 PM.

[Linked Image]
Re: Cheaters on Eagle Mountain [Re: J.P. Greeson] #14431764 07/27/22 04:57 PM
R
Rescue Fire Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
R

That statement pretty much reflects your entire career here on the TFF, though you are not nearly the character you were under your old Alton K account. These are two young men who have been doing wrong a while - not 40-year-old career criminals.

The old Alton K had to be moderated quite a bit. I think I remember you even had to make a few extra rules because of me and a few others. The new Alton K / Rescue Fire tried to think it through a little more before hitting the “post reply” button.

Re: Cheaters on Eagle Mountain [Re: J.P. Greeson] #14431773 07/27/22 05:07 PM
Rockie Martin Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted by Bass Buster1

I also made a number of bad choices and mistakes as a kid. I paid the piper for some and a few times didn't. I didn't steal anything from a store, but when I was 12 or 13, for some reason me and one of my best friends snuck out at night and collected car tire valve caps. We had a 5-gallon bucket full of them in the fort behind my friend's house when his parents found them. They made us go around putting caps back on tires for a few weeks. To be honest, every day, we just dumped the caps somewhere. Was that stealing? Absolutely. We were punk kids and both got our azzes chewed pretty good over it and probably got the belt as well.

Are these boys the devil? Absolutely not. They made a mistake and there should be consequences, but they should also be given the chance to redeem themselves.

I imagine there are a lot of folks on this thread and all over social media throwing stones from glass houses.

Agree 100%.... I am not taking up for them but they made a mistake.... Punish them but don't let this ruin their lives. I have never stole anything but as a kid I did some stuff. Its different now because we have computer cowboys and social media. I actually feel sorry for them. But don't misunderstand my statement. They were wrong for what they did. Punish them and let them face the consequences but don't ruin their lives....

www.RockieMartin.com -I can help with your Mortgage needs for Purchasing a home or Refinancing.
Re: Cheaters on Eagle Mountain [Re: Rescue Fire] #14431775 07/27/22 05:08 PM
F
flashman252 Offline
Angler
Angler
F
I can’t imagine having to go home and tell my parents that I got caught cheating.

The first question would be, how were you cheating and what were you cheating at?

That last sentence is what is at the heart of this entire issue. That is why I don’t want to hear these were just kids doing dumb kid things or their mind isn’t formed totally yet. Cheating/stealing/thievery should never be acceptable or tolerated or glossed over

What exactly was the payout for this tournament? Do these kids come from money? If they do, maybe it wasn't about the money but instead a social status. This is the problem with the whole social media platform and wanting to always impress. Time and time again kids and adults do absolutely STUPID things to try and impress who might be watching.

Yes end of the day they are stealing money from others and yes it is should of been prosecuted but they weren't and won't be. Absolutely it will not be tolerated and shouldn't be. But it might be unfair to say their sole intent was to steal money because fishing aint cheap as it sits and if it was strictly about money, there are 1000's of different other ways to steal money without bringing an already expensive sport into it.

Re: Cheaters on Eagle Mountain [Re: flashman252] #14431781 07/27/22 05:20 PM
Tiltman Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by flashman252

What exactly was the payout for this tournament? Do these kids come from money? If they do, maybe it wasn't about the money but instead a social status. This is the problem with the whole social media platform and wanting to always impress. Time and time again kids and adults do absolutely STUPID things to try and impress who might be watching.

Yes end of the day they are stealing money from others and yes it is should of been prosecuted but they weren't and won't be. Absolutely it will not be tolerated and shouldn't be. But it might be unfair to say their sole intent was to steal money because fishing aint cheap as it sits and if it was strictly about money, there are 1000's of different other ways to steal money without bringing an already expensive sport into it.

bingo , if he was posting "2 in the box already" this is the answer. Validation as a winning angler , it's sad.

As to long term punishment , I am not gonna opine, kids out there get away with a lot worse seemingly unscathed these days kinda numb to it.

Re: Cheaters on Eagle Mountain [Re: J.P. Greeson] #14431801 07/27/22 05:35 PM
R
Rescue Fire Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
R

Wait! I’ve reread this a few times. Are you calling me a criminal?

Re: Cheaters on Eagle Mountain [Re: dkmore] #14431805 07/27/22 05:37 PM
Caymas Cx 21 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
popcorn2

Re: Cheaters on Eagle Mountain [Re: dkmore] #14431816 07/27/22 05:47 PM
J
Jpurdue Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
J
I voted to lock. Someone made a good point about the mental health of young people. Kids can have a hard time seeing into the future and recognizing that life's storms eventually blow over. They deserve a misdemeanor not to spiral into a dark place they may not recover from.

"Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley." -A.L.

www.LunkerLore.com

Page 18 of 27 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 26 27
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide