Re: Cheaters on Eagle Mountain [Re: Ken Starling] #14431453 07/27/22 11:37 AM
J
J.P. Greeson Online Content
the janitor
Online Content
the janitor
J
Originally Posted by Ken Starling
No reason to punish the remaining kids for this isolated incident. The 2 boys in question are no longer a part of the BNHS team. The event they were caught in they were not even wearing their fishing jerseys. So to start boycotting businesses because of 2 kids actions that were on a team is ridiculous.

Agreed. It is TOTALLY ridiculous to even bring up the sponsors of a team they were on.

The solution to any problem - work, love, money, whatever - is to go fishing, and the worse the problem, the longer the trip should be. --John Gierach

[Linked Image]
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Cheaters on Eagle Mountain [Re: dkmore] #14431509 07/27/22 12:57 PM
R
RKT Online Content
Pro Angler
Online Content
Pro Angler
R
At this point -TTO has properly done their part. THSBA has properly done what it should. Byron Nelson Fishing Team has done what it should. There is only one agency that has not done its part properly. I think any more discussion, complaining, and bitching should be directed to the one agency that has not taken the action that it should and we should now leave the organizations that have handled things properly alone.

Re: Cheaters on Eagle Mountain [Re: dkmore] #14431511 07/27/22 12:57 PM
R
Rescue Fire Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
R
Well I bet that was a pretty restless night of sleep last night for these 2 fellas.

Re: Cheaters on Eagle Mountain [Re: RKT] #14431548 07/27/22 01:28 PM
S
SoCal Tom Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by RKT
At this point -TTO has properly done their part. THSBA has properly done what it should. Byron Nelson Fishing Team has done what it should. There is only one agency that has not done its part properly. I think any more discussion, complaining, and bitching should be directed to the one agency that has not taken the action that it should and we should now leave the organizations that have handled things properly alone.

Amen. Time for TPWD to step up and do what's right

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

http://www.rayhubbardbassclub.com
President

Save the Date! 9th annual FFAC - Sunday October 27th, 2024 - Lake Ray Hubbard!
Re: Cheaters on Eagle Mountain [Re: dkmore] #14431551 07/27/22 01:29 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
Someone should print this all out, the fb stuff all of it. Everyone that fishes their first tourney should have to read the flogging. If they were thinking about cheating this should damn sure make honest people of them lol.

Re: Cheaters on Eagle Mountain [Re: SoCal Tom] #14431553 07/27/22 01:33 PM
buda13 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by SoCal Tom
Originally Posted by RKT

You mean the people that told them to just release the fish when it was originally called in? The people who declined to set up a sting to catch the angler causing the local anglers to set up their own sting operation? I absolutely love me some TPWD, but this is a class A misdemeanor at a minimum and they blew it off from the get go. Damn sad that local anglers had to chase the authorities to get them to even open an investigation… they do worse to people that bring slot fish to weigh in at Fork.

Re: Cheaters on Eagle Mountain [Re: WAWI] #14431559 07/27/22 01:40 PM
F
flashman252 Offline
Angler
Angler
F
Originally Posted by WAWI
Someone should print this all out, the fb stuff all of it. Everyone that fishes their first tourney should have to read the flogging. If they were thinking about cheating this should damn sure make honest people of them lol.

I just need the FB stuff. I haven't had FB or instagram in over 5 years, and never had twitter snapchats or any other platform. My life has been SO SO SO much better since getting rid of them. I can set baskets and never see what others have to say about my sprague ways.

But if anyone goes ahead and prints it, Ill buy a copy off you.

Last edited by flashman252; 07/27/22 01:40 PM.
Re: Cheaters on Eagle Mountain [Re: dkmore] #14431560 07/27/22 01:40 PM
R
Rescue Fire Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
R
Lol, I was going to bring up the slot fish at Fork issue last night and forgot my point.

Re: Cheaters on Eagle Mountain [Re: 23Harrison] #14431562 07/27/22 01:43 PM
D
Dan21XRS Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by 23Harrison
How about dropping off laundry baskets at the Byron Nelson school and then at the THSBA tournaments where BN sets up?

I could see a few guys from a rival high school dropping off a basket of stuffed pillow fish at the front door of the school before the next big tournament... Nothing like getting a few digs in on your rival while they're down... Dan woot

"The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood"...
Lou Holtz
Re: Cheaters on Eagle Mountain [Re: SoCal Tom] #14431575 07/27/22 01:58 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by SoCal Tom
Originally Posted by RKT

There lies the problem. They’re too busy checking fishing licenses and fire extinguishers. They are there to write tickets and generate revenue. Prosecution COSTS them money.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Cheaters on Eagle Mountain [Re: Dan21XRS] #14431592 07/27/22 02:10 PM
Walls Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted by Dan21XRS
How about dropping off laundry baskets at the Byron Nelson school and then at the THSBA tournaments where BN sets up?

I could see a few guys from a rival high school dropping off a basket of stuffed pillow fish at the front door of the school before the next big tournament... Nothing like getting a few digs in on your rival while they're down... Dan woot

I don't feel sorry for them as I was raised to take responsibility for my actions and anything that comes with that. With that said, those two boys are going to be feeling this for a long time no matter what TPWD did or did not do. School is starting soon and kids are cruel. It appears the fishing team FB page has been taken down (at least for now). I had not spoken at all to my wife (who has no interest or involvement in fishing) about any of this and she asks me this morning "Did you hear about the high school boys in Dallas cheating at a fishing tournament?". Mind you, we are located in NE Houston and have no attachment to any part of what/where/who happened. A high percentage of their peers and their parents are going to know what happened and I'd be willing to bet that the majority of both will not be kind about it.

Re: Cheaters on Eagle Mountain [Re: Dan21XRS] #14431612 07/27/22 02:19 PM
F
flashman252 Offline
Angler
Angler
F

Oh the days of HS rivalries. We always got beat in basketball but our soccer team at one point was ranked 4th in the nation and hadn't lost in like 87 games. I remember when we had to play our rivals, on their field, we snuck in at like midnight (the day before) and used weed/grass killer and burned in our logo on their field. We got caught, had to do some community service but gosh dang it was so worth it when we watched that game the next evening.

Re: Cheaters on Eagle Mountain [Re: Walls] #14431616 07/27/22 02:21 PM
K
Ken Starling Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
K
I agree. Was just telling the wife these boys are going to have a tough start at school in a few weeks. We were told the page was removed for the time being. They were getting slammed and to be honest. The whole team had nothing to do with this but all the kids are suffering from it. The event was not even a school event so the fact that they were getting slammed is really not needed.
Originally Posted by Walls

I don't feel sorry for them as I was raised to take responsibility for my actions and anything that comes with that. With that said, those two boys are going to be feeling this for a long time no matter what TPWD did or did not do. School is starting soon and kids are cruel. It appears the fishing team FB page has been taken down (at least for now). I had not spoken at all to my wife (who has no interest or involvement in fishing) about any of this and she asks me this morning "Did you hear about the high school boys in Dallas cheating at a fishing tournament?". Mind you, we are located in NE Houston and have no attachment to any part of what/where/who happened. A high percentage of their peers and their parents are going to know what happened and I'd be willing to bet that the majority of both will not be kind about it.

Re: Cheaters on Eagle Mountain [Re: dkmore] #14431619 07/27/22 02:25 PM
J
Jpurdue Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
J
The person who made the call probably to not press charges probably thought they were doing these kids a favor. The internet backlash on that decision is worse than the misdemeanor they would have faced. Had they just applied the law, folks probably would have just let this go and moved along content the boys squared up with the house.

"Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley." -A.L.

www.LunkerLore.com

Re: Cheaters on Eagle Mountain [Re: Walls] #14431621 07/27/22 02:26 PM
D
Dan21XRS Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by Walls
... I don't feel sorry for them as I was raised to take responsibility for my actions and anything that comes with that. With that said, those two boys are going to be feeling this for a long time no matter what TPWD did or did not do. School is starting soon and kids are cruel. It appears the fishing team FB page has been taken down (at least for now). I had not spoken at all to my wife (who has no interest or involvement in fishing) about any of this and she asks me this morning "Did you hear about the high school boys in Dallas cheating at a fishing tournament?". Mind you, we are located in NE Houston and have no attachment to any part of what/where/who happened. A high percentage of their peers and their parents are going to know what happened and I'd be willing to bet that the majority of both will not be kind about it.

Yep, it's on the internet, I'm sure it's been screen shot and saved by quite a few people... It'll be brought up years and years from now... College application, they'll Google you... Apply for a job, they'll Google you... New girlfriend, she'll Google you and so will her parents... Pretty much anywhere you go it'll follow them so moving to another town, state or even country won't help... This will follow them to their grave... Dan

"The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood"...
Lou Holtz
Page 16 of 27 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 26 27
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide