Forums59
Topics1,038,949
Posts13,956,253
Members144,183
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Women and their equal rights propaganda [Re: 1oldbassguy] #14418439 07/12/22 07:07 PM
H
HookaToad Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
H
Originally Posted by 1oldbassguy
39 years married ---wife is my best friend .
I have been involved in two contract disputes ----one involving multi- millions of dollars and I was the key witness to the events . Both sides had huge lawyer teams , my deposition's were several days long and involved filming , recording , repeating the same questions a hundred times and in various ways etc......
I can 100% admit that the " legal " system is totally broken . It often comes down to who has the best team of lawyers and not who is right . I can also say that I have zero respect for lawyers --- they know the system is broken and tainted towards them making huge amounts of money --- and they don't care .
Take a look at the total numbers of lawyers in the US --- it's crazy .
Look at the Swamp is DC --- vast majority of Politicians are lawyers , assisted by other lawyers --- sticking it to Americans every way possible ---always the dollars , always .

Of the 56 signers of the Declaration of Independence, 25 were lawyers. Of the 55 framers of the Constitution, 32 were lawyers.

I am sure if they were alive today and had the pleasure of reading your posts across this forum, they would have zero respect for you. So there...Bazinga!

Good Fishing and God Bless

“I’d rather be a failure at something I enjoy than to be a success at something I hate”

Re: Women and their equal rights propaganda [Re: HookaToad] #14418463 07/12/22 07:29 PM
R
RayBob Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
R
Originally Posted by HookaToad
I have been involved in two contract disputes ----one involving multi- millions of dollars and I was the key witness to the events . Both sides had huge lawyer teams , my deposition's were several days long and involved filming , recording , repeating the same questions a hundred times and in various ways etc......
I can 100% admit that the " legal " system is totally broken . It often comes down to who has the best team of lawyers and not who is right . I can also say that I have zero respect for lawyers --- they know the system is broken and tainted towards them making huge amounts of money --- and they don't care .
Look at the Swamp is DC --- vast majority of Politicians are lawyers , assisted by other lawyers --- sticking it to Americans every way possible ---always the dollars , always .

Of the 56 signers of the Declaration of Independence, 25 were lawyers. Of the 55 framers of the Constitution, 32 were lawyers.

I am sure if they were alive today and had the pleasure of reading your posts across this forum, they would have zero respect for you. So there...Bazinga!

Lawyers in the late 1700's vs lawyers in the 21st century. I think those signers of our beloved documents would be apalled at what a csspool their profession has come to be in Washington DC. If you can defend the state of affairs in Washington . . . well, . . . Bazinga back at you.

Advice? Wise men don't need it. Fools won't heed it.

Re: Women and their equal rights propaganda [Re: junbengreat] #14418465 07/12/22 07:34 PM
H
HookaToad Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
H
Not defending the state of affairs in Washington by no stretch of the imagination or even lawyers for that matter, was just pointing out how asinine generalized slights are... that was all.. SO the bazinga is in your court now! no pun intended

“I’d rather be a failure at something I enjoy than to be a success at something I hate”

Re: Women and their equal rights propaganda [Re: HookaToad] #14418476 07/12/22 07:52 PM
hopalong Online Confused
Pescador Loco
Online Confused
Pescador Loco
Not defending the state of affairs in Washington by no stretch of the imagination or even lawyers for that matter, was just pointing out how asinine generalized slights are... that was all.. SO the bazinga is in your court now! no pun intended

of the last 3 lawyers I have dealt with, 2 were for work comp case when I blew out my knee then got hit from behind by someone with no insurance, the 3rd worked for the govt. at the eeoc.

first work comp lawyer was plain and simple a crook, if I see him again I promised him I would kneecap both of em for him. refused to go after the moron that hit me while texting and then took 20,000.00 for a phone call he never should have made that lasted all of 5 mins. (I was standing at this desk with my jaw on the floor).
I took over my case up to settlement and the lawyer the judge appointed (due to possibly not having a monetary settlement, had 2 already) got me another 20k and only took 500.00 since all he did was about 30 mins. at the courthouse dickering with the insurance lawyer. I ended up losing over 400,000.00 being off for 5 yrs. due to the first lawyers bs with the insurance co. they started playing games and denying surgery, yessir, both kneecaps gonna get it!

can't talk about the eeoc due to settlement clause but I can tell ya that he was a by the book lawyer with ethics and no percentage on the line, did me right.

there were (all dead now) multiple lawyers in my family, favorite aunt and uncle owned nursing homes and she was a divorce lawyer, if she was your ex's lawyer you were gonna get screwed and aunt sybil was gonna make bank. they got busted for a lot of fraud related to the nursing homes, she spent 3 yrs. in ft smith fed prison and he paid one hefty fine. they were still ultra wealthy when they died. they were 2 of my favorite relatives out of 4 that I actually liked and both as crooked as a snake.

knew a lot of lawyers in colorado, had an open and shut wrongful arrest suit filed and the lawyer I hired quit me on the court date. had to go to denver (about 3.25 hrs. away) and didn't even give me time to go and get a new docket date, another one I will call a crooked s.o.b. I did get some satisfaction before I left the mts. and will leave it at that.

I trust no lawyer until I have met them in a non work environment, cuts out a lot of meeting lawyers, and see who they are in public. never trust one for any reason till they have shown you some of who they are as a person.

" Hop, set the hook"!
hopalong 99,999
TexDawg 99,999
FJB! not my president by a long shot!

lake fork FISHERMANS COVE MARINA/reservations - 903 474 7479
Re: Women and their equal rights propaganda [Re: HookaToad] #14418480 07/12/22 07:58 PM
1oldbassguy Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler

the fact that you went back 246 years to justify your profession is laughable . Not a single founding father of this once great Nation would be proud of what lawyers are today .
Todays lawyers are just like [censored] roaches ---anywhere there is money , there is a lawyer trying to pry it away for themselves . Lawyers have ruined this country and will continue to do so ---justifying how they earn money while wrecking families and companies all while driving a wedge to a civil society .

Re: Women and their equal rights propaganda [Re: junbengreat] #14418493 07/12/22 08:12 PM
H
HookaToad Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
H
Wow ..okay. I was confused but I understand now. Thank you. Glad I am retired so that I am no longer ruining this country, wrecking families and companies. Is it okay if I fish or have I somehow ruined that too?

Not going to argue with you but you are the one who said ALL lawyers were bad. I am sorry that you did not comprehend my point. I was not justifying the legal profession. Maybe, just maybe, if you re read what I wrote, you might get what I was saying. I seriously doubt it though. However, having said that, I "respect" your right to your opinion and wish you and your best friend nothing but the best going forward.

Re: Women and their equal rights propaganda [Re: hopalong] #14418497 07/12/22 08:17 PM
H
HookaToad Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
H
Originally Posted by hopalong

of the last 3 lawyers I have dealt with, 2 were for work comp case when I blew out my knee then got hit from behind by someone with no insurance, the 3rd worked for the govt. at the eeoc.

first work comp lawyer was plain and simple a crook, if I see him again I promised him I would kneecap both of em for him. refused to go after the moron that hit me while texting and then took 20,000.00 for a phone call he never should have made that lasted all of 5 mins. (I was standing at this desk with my jaw on the floor).
I took over my case up to settlement and the lawyer the judge appointed (due to possibly not having a monetary settlement, had 2 already) got me another 20k and only took 500.00 since all he did was about 30 mins. at the courthouse dickering with the insurance lawyer. I ended up losing over 400,000.00 being off for 5 yrs. due to the first lawyers bs with the insurance co. they started playing games and denying surgery, yessir, both kneecaps gonna get it!

can't talk about the eeoc due to settlement clause but I can tell ya that he was a by the book lawyer with ethics and no percentage on the line, did me right.

there were (all dead now) multiple lawyers in my family, favorite aunt and uncle owned nursing homes and she was a divorce lawyer, if she was your ex's lawyer you were gonna get screwed and aunt sybil was gonna make bank. they got busted for a lot of fraud related to the nursing homes, she spent 3 yrs. in ft smith fed prison and he paid one hefty fine. they were still ultra wealthy when they died. they were 2 of my favorite relatives out of 4 that I actually liked and both as crooked as a snake.

knew a lot of lawyers in colorado, had an open and shut wrongful arrest suit filed and the lawyer I hired quit me on the court date. had to go to denver (about 3.25 hrs. away) and didn't even give me time to go and get a new docket date, another one I will call a crooked s.o.b. I did get some satisfaction before I left the mts. and will leave it at that.

I trust no lawyer until I have met them in a non work environment, cuts out a lot of meeting lawyers, and see who they are in public. never trust one for any reason till they have shown you some of who they are as a person.

I don't work anymore but would like to go fishing with you anytime. I hope you wouldn't base your trust on my fishing ability however.

Re: Women and their equal rights propaganda [Re: HookaToad] #14418503 07/12/22 08:24 PM
hopalong Online Confused
Pescador Loco
Online Confused
Pescador Loco

I don't work anymore but would like to go fishing with you anytime. I hope you wouldn't base your trust on my fishing ability however.

we will do it on a contingency basis. grin

" Hop, set the hook"!
hopalong 99,999
TexDawg 99,999

Re: Women and their equal rights propaganda [Re: 1oldbassguy] #14418504 07/12/22 08:28 PM
J
Jonah's View Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J

the fact that you went back 246 years to justify your profession is laughable . Not a single founding father of this once great Nation would be proud of what lawyers are today .
Todays lawyers are just like [censored] roaches ---anywhere there is money , there is a lawyer trying to pry it away for themselves . Lawyers have ruined this country and will continue to do so ---justifying how they earn money while wrecking families and companies all while driving a wedge to a civil society .

Momma said “ lawyers are the devil...”.... roflmao

Maranatha !
Re: Women and their equal rights propaganda [Re: hopalong] #14418512 07/12/22 08:34 PM
H
HookaToad Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
H

we will do it on a contingency basis. grin

Perfect..I get 1/3rd of your weight at weigh in, 40% if we cut a check!

Re: Women and their equal rights propaganda [Re: Jonah's View] #14418516 07/12/22 08:37 PM
H
HookaToad Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
H
Originally Posted by Jonah's View

Momma said “ lawyers are the devil...”.... roflmao

LOL thats because they have no medulla oblongata

Re: Women and their equal rights propaganda [Re: junbengreat] #14418528 07/12/22 08:49 PM
U
UGLYSHCTICK Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
U
The term domestic housewife implies there are feral housewives... is there an open season for this?

Just want to make folks smile, and spit coffee on their keyboard.

If you put beans in your chili, you don't know beans about chili.

God doesn't create temporary people, you will spend eternity somewhere. Choose wisely.
Re: Women and their equal rights propaganda [Re: UGLYSHCTICK] #14418530 07/12/22 08:52 PM
hopalong Online Confused
Pescador Loco
Online Confused
Pescador Loco
Originally Posted by UGLYSHCTICK
The term domestic housewife implies there are feral housewives... is there an open season for this?

clap

do we need hunter safety for these tags?

" Hop, set the hook"!
hopalong 99,999
TexDawg 99,999

Re: Women and their equal rights propaganda [Re: junbengreat] #14418535 07/12/22 08:57 PM
S
silvers Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
You pay more because of the freed up fishing time pretty simple

call it what you will...he is not definitely not anywhere near the top of the list for QB's that I would choose needing a FG or touchdown drive late in the game.
Re: Women and their equal rights propaganda [Re: HookaToad] #14418760 07/13/22 01:00 AM
R
Rayzor Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
R
Originally Posted by Rayzor
Originally Posted by grandbassslayer
I’ve seen it work both ways, men can get a good attorney as well.

Women get the kids almost 90% of the time in the USA. Judges believe (and probably rightly so) that women can do a better job of raising children, then let the ex-husband support them all. The one thing that I don't like is when a woman is getting financial support and has a new boyfriend living with her. Some of that financial support should then stop.

I like to know where you got the 90% because that is not accurate. Do men sometime get a unfavorable outcome? Sure they do but so do women. A majority of the time, at least in Tarrant County, the parties get what is fair and just in accordance with the law as it is presently. Are there bad attorneys, absolutely but a lot of the time the person who is complaining about their attorney got what was coming to them under the law and they don't like it or they had unrealistic expectations. Clients sometimes seem to forget that the attorneys do not make the facts.

I have heard a million attorney jokes and I find them funny like everyone else. I have also heard blanket disparaging remarks about attorneys from people who are pissed off and don't know any better and that never bothered me either because they normally sing a different tune when they find themselves in a situation where they need one.

So, if you don't like your attorney, fire him, afterall he works for you not the other way around. If you get a bad decision, honestly reflect on the actual facts and your role in the deal and if you feel it is still unjust, appeal it. If that doesn't work out, and you are unhappy with the law as it is on the books, contact your congressman and try to get it changed.

OR belly ache about it to anyone who will listen..free country choice is up to you.

Use the internet.

https://www.cor-law.com/blog/women-get-child-custody-90-percent-cases-isnt-gender-discrimination/#:~:text=Statistics%20show%20that%20women%20are%20awarded%20child%20custody,why%20this%20is%20happening%20from%20a%20legal%20perspective.

Be safe,
Rayzor
[Linked Image]
2001 Triton Tx-21/225 Mercury EFI
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide