Re: Death of the Big XII [Re: ShinerInTx] #14412124 07/05/22 01:17 AM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
Originally Posted by ShinerInTx
4 Pac schools scheduled to meet with Big 12 on Tuesday.

https://www.si.com/college/texas-te...rizona-state-colorado-utah-update-rumors

They need to do this quick like, then make some more offers as soon as the ink dries.

Will be interesting if they go first, washington and Oregon are the 2 remaining desirable pieces, you would think those 2 would get out in front. I will say that the big 12 is pretty much going after the ugly ducklings of football. They are looking more and more like the WAC

Re: Death of the Big XII [Re: WAWI] #14412181 07/05/22 02:44 AM
D
Dan21XRS Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by WAWI
... I suspect the NCAA will losing any governing authority over the football programs, any licensing money, etc, I think the big conferences, whoever and however, will take every nickle off the ncaa plate.

They'll probably keep some type of control over those not swept up by the "super conferences", Division 1AA, 2 and 3... Dan

"The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood"...
Lou Holtz
Re: Death of the Big XII [Re: Pilothawk] #14412195 07/05/22 03:53 AM
D
Douglas J Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D
They can put a few Texas 6A HS teams in the "1 AA" division

#MFGA
Re: Death of the Big XII [Re: WAWI] #14412210 07/05/22 07:37 AM
ShinerInTx Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted by WAWI
4 Pac schools scheduled to meet with Big 12 on Tuesday.

https://www.si.com/college/texas-te...rizona-state-colorado-utah-update-rumors

They need to do this quick like, then make some more offers as soon as the ink dries.

Will be interesting if they go first, washington and Oregon are the 2 remaining desirable pieces, you would think those 2 would get out in front. I will say that the big 12 is pretty much going after the ugly ducklings of football. They are looking more and more like the WAC

The news from the big 10 was that they were waiting on Notre Dame before they made any other decisions on PAC schools. Notre Dame is locked into the ACC until 2034 if they join a conference. Doubtful they figure a way out of that in the next few days. If they take 4 schools now, there isnt a PAC conference. The Big 10 has to make a choice now. Oregon, Washington and Stanford have to make a choice now. They dont get to hold out for another year and hope they get an invite. Some sources value Stanford media rights higher than Oregon and only give Oregon the edge with the Nike/phil knight aspect. Some have Washington on the outside looking in, and Stanford in.

I dont think Stanford would join the big 12, because theyre one of the few schools that can be successful independent. As far as the WAC, youre going overboard there.

[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: Death of the Big XII [Re: Pilothawk] #14412211 07/05/22 07:52 AM
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
If it pans out like this, i'd say the Big 12 ends up half way decent considering where they were last year.

Id preferably sub Cal and Miami for Louisville and Oregon state.

https://www.si.com/college/arkansas/hogs-football/college-football-realignment-ncaa-sports

Top to bottom would already compete with the Big 10.

Indiana, Illinois, Minnesota, Rutgers, Maryland, UCLA, Purdue, Northwestern, Nebraska, whatever.

Last edited by ShinerInTx; 07/05/22 08:02 AM.

Re: Death of the Big XII [Re: ShinerInTx] #14412367 07/05/22 02:33 PM
R
Razorback Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
R
If it pans out like this, i'd say the Big 12 ends up half way decent considering where they were last year.

https://www.si.com/college/arkansas/hogs-football/college-football-realignment-ncaa-sports

Indiana, Illinois, Minnesota, Rutgers, Maryland, UCLA, Purdue, Northwestern, Nebraska, whatever.

Who is the best football program in the Big 12 if that happens? The SEC will have Alabama, Georgia, Oklahoma, and LSU/Auburn/A&M

The Big 10 will have Ohio State, Michigan, USC, Penn State, and Michigan State/Iowa/Wisconsin

Every one of those teams would be favored to win the Big 12. So would Arkansas, probably Florida, and maybe Texas on a year-in, year-out basis.

I agree that going after Arizona, Arizona State, Utah, and Colorado is the way to go and will (maybe) stabilize the conference, but it will in no way, shape, or form be anywhere near as prestigious as the SEC and Big 10.

Re: Death of the Big XII [Re: Razorback] #14412816 07/05/22 10:44 PM
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted by Razorback

Who is the best football program in the Big 12 if that happens? The SEC will have Alabama, Georgia, Oklahoma, and LSU/Auburn/A&M

The Big 10 will have Ohio State, Michigan, USC, Penn State, and Michigan State/Iowa/Wisconsin

Every one of those teams would be favored to win the Big 12. So would Arkansas, probably Florida, and maybe Texas on a year-in, year-out basis.

I agree that going after Arizona, Arizona State, Utah, and Colorado is the way to go and will (maybe) stabilize the conference, but it will in no way, shape, or form be anywhere near as prestigious as the SEC and Big 10.

Have to politely disagree. First of all, i'll state plainly that the Big 10 would have a better league, and im not disputing that. Do I think the Big 12 can be competitive with them though, absolutely. Other than Ohio State, at the present time, id probably take Baylor, Okie State, Utah, Cincy, miami, over any of those (big 10) teams except Michigan and Ohio State.

Also, laughing may [censored] off at Texas being favored to win the Big 12. They havent done that in over a decade and only 3 times in 25 years...

Last edited by ShinerInTx; 07/05/22 10:45 PM.

Re: Death of the Big XII [Re: ShinerInTx] #14412821 07/05/22 10:55 PM
Bigbob_FTW Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob

Have to politely disagree. First of all, i'll state plainly that the Big 10 would have a better league, and im not disputing that. Do I think the Big 12 can be competitive with them though, absolutely. Other than Ohio State, at the present time, id probably take Baylor, Okie State, Utah, Cincy, miami, over any of those (big 10) teams except Michigan and Ohio State.

Also, laughing may [censored] off at Texas being favored to win the Big 12. They havent done that in over a decade and only 3 times in 25 years...

Right! thumb

[Linked Image][Linked Image] FJB
Re: Death of the Big XII [Re: Dan21XRS] #14412859 07/06/22 12:12 AM
butch sanders Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Dan21XRS
Originally Posted by CCTX
The NCAA will be irrelevant in FBS Division One football within a couple of years. The Power five will likely become the Power Two. Greed and the desire for control will naturally result in Power Two secession from NCAA football oversight.

The NCAA doesn't crown a D1 football champion... Haven't since the BCS days... There's no reference to the NCAA on the CFP championship trophy... Dan

[Linked Image]

pretty valid

Re: Death of the Big XII [Re: ShinerInTx] #14412956 07/06/22 02:00 AM
E
Espy Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
E

Dang razorback you think Ark, Florida and Texas would be Favored to win the Big 12. roflmao well heck I got Baylor winning the SEC thumb

Re: Death of the Big XII [Re: Pilothawk] #14413068 07/06/22 11:03 AM
RATZ Online Happy
Activity Coordinator
Online Happy
Activity Coordinator
Just saw on fox 4the B12 is now targeting 6 of the remaining PAC12 teams. Didn't catch all of them but both AZ schools Col were among them.

If God is your co-pilot then change seats

https://abaltcustomlures.com/

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: Death of the Big XII [Re: 921 Phoenix] #14413316 07/06/22 04:45 PM
M
me and the boys Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
M
Your right

Re: Death of the Big XII [Re: Pilothawk] #14413386 07/06/22 05:26 PM
RO519 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Big 12 began dying when the LHN came out.

Fightin' Texas Aggie '14

Re: Death of the Big XII [Re: Espy] #14413392 07/06/22 05:30 PM
R
Razorback Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
R
Originally Posted by Espy

Dang razorback you think Ark, Florida and Texas would be Favored to win the Big 12. roflmao well heck I got Baylor winning the SEC thumb

It's amazing how much better these teams apparently got after Arkansas left the Southwest Conference and doesn't play them anymore. Since 1960 Arkansas is 29-11-2 against Baylor, 26-8 against Texas Tech, 30-4 against TCU, 11-5 against Houston, and 16-4 against Oklahoma State. And just for good measure, they are also 26-19 against Texas A&M. The only Big 12 program they have played numerous times that they didn't own is Texas. The Hogs are 14-24 against Texas during that period, but 5-2 in their last seven meetings.

So yes, I think Arkansas would be among the favorites in the Big 12 as it is apparently going to be made up going forward.

Alabama and Georgia would lay waste to that conference. Oklahoma already did.

Re: Death of the Big XII [Re: Pilothawk] #14413396 07/06/22 05:35 PM
R
Razorback Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
R
I'm not really trying to criticize what the Big 12 is doing. I think it is the smart way to go and I hope they survive and flourish. Programs like Oklahoma State, Utah, Baylor, TCU, and Colorado need to be included in "major" college football. I'm just saying that the power is probably going to be wielded by the SEC and Big 10, and rightly so. I expect Clemson and maybe North Carolina to look for a way out of the ACC and into either the SEC or Big 10. That will be one of the last big shoes to fall.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide