Forums59
Topics1,038,962
Posts13,956,462
Members144,184
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Has Lewisville's Crappie population decreased? Lets talk live tonight at 7pm about it #14406292 06/27/22 11:35 PM
K
KidKrappie Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
K

Last edited by fishin'aholic2; 06/27/22 11:35 PM.
Re: Has Lewisville's Crappie population decreased? Lets talk live tonight at 7pm about it [Re: KidKrappie] #14411290 07/03/22 09:43 PM
M
markchat Offline
Angler
Angler
M
I've been on Lewisville for 30 years. I would say its best days are past us now. Overall quality is way down too. One keeper to 10 dinks seems to be my average.

markchat
Re: Has Lewisville's Crappie population decreased? Lets talk live tonight at 7pm about it [Re: markchat] #14411350 07/03/22 11:27 PM
S
SK. Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
S
Originally Posted by markchat
I've been on Lewisville for 30 years. I would say its best days are past us now. Overall quality is way down too. One keeper to 10 dinks seems to be my average.

This comment right here tells me there's not enough people catching crappie from this lake and it's OVERPOPULATED.....LOL
When you learn these fish and what they do it gets simple.....
I always hear of excuses other than what I've found to be the real reasons.....Biologist don't really care to hear of crappie population problems as it almost don't exist....
Carry on!

Crappie Guide on Houston TX area lakes. Email to schedule a trip: skscrappiecatchingadventures@gmail.com or call my message line 281-301-9316

REGARDLESS OF HOW MANLY YOU THINK YOU ARE WEARING A PFD CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE.....Onxy A/M 24 PFD's

Check Out SK's CRAPPIE Catching Adventures on YouTube....
https://www.youtube.com/user/fishingorhunting
Re: Has Lewisville's Crappie population decreased? Lets talk live tonight at 7pm about it [Re: markchat] #14411911 07/04/22 07:50 PM
G
gander Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
G

That was the concensus on Joe Pool for years yet there still were people that could consistently pull decent/good fish out of there

Re: Has Lewisville's Crappie population decreased? Lets talk live tonight at 7pm about it [Re: gander] #14412022 07/04/22 09:59 PM
K
KidKrappie Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
K
Originally Posted by gander

That was the concensus on Joe Pool for years yet there still were people that could consistently pull decent/good fish out of there

I have no problem catching fish out of the lake, but itโ€™s not as good as it was 10 years ago.

Re: Has Lewisville's Crappie population decreased? Lets talk live tonight at 7pm about it [Re: KidKrappie] #14416841 07/11/22 08:48 AM
I
I love fishing Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
I
I agreed. Good numbers in decent fish has decline. Lots of dinks

Re: Has Lewisville's Crappie population decreased? Lets talk live tonight at 7pm about it [Re: KidKrappie] #14416934 07/11/22 12:57 PM
C
cobryan: OB'S Guide Service Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
C
Well there wasn't all these youtubers trying to make a name for themselves 10 years either. You don't think that might have something to do with it. What happened to just going fishing, and not having to make videos to pat yourself on the back. i would say on average this year we have caught way more keepers than dinks compared to last year where it was the reverse.

OB's Guide Service - Lake Lewisville, Lake Ray Roberts, and Lake Fork
972-310-0399
https://obsguideservice.com/
https://www.facebook.com/OBSGuideService

Re: Has Lewisville's Crappie population decreased? Lets talk live tonight at 7pm about it [Re: cobryan: OB'S Guide Service] #14417060 07/11/22 03:37 PM
F
Fishbonz Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
F
Originally Posted by cobryan: OB'S Guide Service
Well there wasn't all these youtubers trying to make a name for themselves 10 years either. You don't think that might have something to do with it. What happened to just going fishing, and not having to make videos to pat yourself on the back. i would say on average this year we have caught way more keepers than dinks compared to last year where it was the reverse.

[Linked Image]

HE aka Fishbonz
Re: Has Lewisville's Crappie population decreased? Lets talk live tonight at 7pm about it [Re: cobryan: OB'S Guide Service] #14417303 07/11/22 06:27 PM
T
TheThumpChump Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
T

Some of the Facebook groups, and Facebook in general, is causing way more of a negative effect than any of these Youtubers ever could. There's also been an explosion of new fishermen since Covid started. Crappie fishing has been getting more and more popular too. Crappie spots are getting more crowded and pressured. The average person with Livescope have improved their catch rates. There's lots of working parts in this. As far as YT'ers, I won't mention names, but there's a couple of them that are pretty careless and self-serving. Or that have had serious bouts of being so. They have definitely ruined spots, but I'd still say they haven't affected crappie populations. And the ones like Kid most certainly have not.

Re: Has Lewisville's Crappie population decreased? Lets talk live tonight at 7pm about it [Re: cobryan: OB'S Guide Service] #14417606 07/11/22 11:19 PM
K
KidKrappie Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
K

Go back and actually watch one of my videos if you think I am patting myself on my back. I try to help out as many as I can and usually never show/tell where I am. I don't have to prove anything to anyone...

Last edited by fishin'aholic2; 07/11/22 11:29 PM.
Re: Has Lewisville's Crappie population decreased? Lets talk live tonight at 7pm about it [Re: KidKrappie] #14417754 07/12/22 01:21 AM
banker-always fishing Offline
Pumpkin Head
Pumpkin Head
thumb

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

IGFA World Record Rio Grande Cichlid. Lake Dunlap.

John 3:16

Sinner's Prayer. God forgive me a sinner. I accept Jesus Christ as my Savior !
Re: Has Lewisville's Crappie population decreased? Lets talk live tonight at 7pm about it [Re: cobryan: OB'S Guide Service] #14417965 07/12/22 11:35 AM
R
Ron Douthit Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
R

When I first got serious about crappie fishing, I spent hours watching youtube videos -- many from the OP and also SK. The information they put out is invaluable to 'new' people trying to take up crappie fishing. Is there some amount of 'pat yourself on the back' in those videos ? Sure -- is there some amount of pat yourself on the back and advertisement when guides post pictures/reports here ? Yes. The difference is I also think there is a genuine desire from some of the youtubers to share information and help other people improve their techniques.

I see lots of guides post pictures and counts here and nothing else. No information on lures/depths. Then you have guides like Laner that post useful information like lures/depths/water temps/techniques etc... ... The former is just advertisement. The later is actually helpful to others. What Anthony and SK put out is definitely useful to other people and not just promotional.

It sounds like you would prefer people have to learn the old way and keep crappie fishing techniques a secret for the select few. You are entitled to your opinion, but there are many people out there that appreciate the work these youtubers put in to share information.

Last edited by Ron Douthit; 07/12/22 11:35 AM.
Re: Has Lewisville's Crappie population decreased? Lets talk live tonight at 7pm about it [Re: cobryan: OB'S Guide Service] #14418592 07/12/22 09:51 PM
J
JCBfromTHF Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
J

I do share your belief that most YouTubers are bad for the sport. A huge percentage of them are attention whores that care nothing about protecting the lakes they fish or the fish they catch. Most just want to be noticed and act a fool on video while pimping themselves on every social media platform they can find. The OP is not one of those YouTubers though. 90% of the time he wont even tell you what lake or creek he is fishing. He also does not lose his mind every time he catches a 14" Crappie acting like he just caught Mobydick. His videos are not flashy, not over the top, not over hyped, not click bait, not commercials. They are usually very educational even for someone like me that has been catching fish for 40 years now. On top of that I see him release more fish in his videos than he keeps.

In my opinion it looks pretty trashy when you come on the guys thread talking trash like that when you clearly have no clue who he is or what he is all about. I think the YouTubers you are looking for hang out in the Bass section.

Re: Has Lewisville's Crappie population decreased? Lets talk live tonight at 7pm about it [Re: KidKrappie] #14418888 07/13/22 10:09 AM
S
SK. Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
S
My home lake is THOUGHT TO NOT have a good population of crappie in it yet here it is I'm doing very well catching for myself and guiding putting folks on plenty of crappie....... I say it's your to lazy to make changes to find the bigger fish or you're stuck on doing the same thing and you will get the same results...... Period!

Last edited by SK.; 07/13/22 11:29 PM.

Crappie Guide on Houston TX area lakes. Email to schedule a trip: skscrappiecatchingadventures@gmail.com or call my message line 281-301-9316

REGARDLESS OF HOW MANLY YOU THINK YOU ARE WEARING A PFD CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE.....Onxy A/M 24 PFD's

Check Out SK's CRAPPIE Catching Adventures on YouTube....
https://www.youtube.com/user/fishingorhunting
Re: Has Lewisville's Crappie population decreased? Lets talk live tonight at 7pm about it [Re: KidKrappie] #14419132 07/13/22 04:13 PM
K
Ken Gaby Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
K
Anthony, Kid Crappie, is good people. He started on this forum yrs ago, probably a teenager at the time. He has honed his abilities to catch crappie and provides info for those who wish to gain some knowledge. Covers a variety of techniques from bank and kayak fishing to now out there in a boat.
Social media, which this forum is, youtube ect is what it is. Some good some not so good. Anthony is in that first category.

A life without God is like an unsharpened pencil, it has no point. Billy Graham
www.thermoclinelures.com "Helping YOU catch MORE & LARGER fish!"
http://www.crazyanglertackle.com Premium crappie baits and jig tying accessories
http://www.proanglertackle.com Best crappie and catfish rods/reels
http://www.beereadys.com World's Best Rod Holders
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide