Forums59
Topics1,039,150
Posts13,960,075
Members144,192
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Gotta be missin something here [Re: Dogfish_Jones] #14406027 06/27/22 05:52 PM
F
flashman252 Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
F
Originally Posted by Dogfish_Jones
You play the game you have to take the results.
Condoms, pull out, IUD's, sponges, whatever you wish to use, the plain fact is you know, she knows that a pregnancy can happen. As I was told as a teenager, the only way you can be certain to not get a girl pregnant is not have sex with her.
A girl should really think more than twice before she spread those legs. Think in terms of if I get pregnant is this the guy who I want as the father of my kids. If your answer is no, then close those legs.
Guy's is this the woman you want as the mother of your kids? If not better not slip into something that might cost you.
Plus.... lets not rule out getting something soap can't wash off either. If she or if he is willing to go do the act, who's to say she/he hasn't done it with many more. I think it would be pretty bad when the doctor walks back into the exam room and tells you you have something that will stay with you the rest of your life. That doctor may walk in and tell you you have something that can't be cured and it will kill you.
Is it worth all that?

Spot on for sure.

With that said, what is everyone thoughts on the trigger laws states are imposing since the ruling? I was just reading about Louisiana's trigger law and how it would only allow abortion for situations that puts the mother at harm. Nothing is mentioned about Rape or incest though. I kind of have a problem with this. To the point of Dogfish, if it's consensual, it's yours but if a woman/girl gets pregnant from rape or incest.... I don't think it is very fair to the child being born. I think there are some women out there strong enough to care for their child from rape but mental health is a real issue in the country right now. Tack on rape to someone not so mentally well, I bet that child has a rough childhood and that opens a whole new set of issues. I don't necessarily disagree with these trigger laws, but I do think rape needs to be addressed in them.

Re: Gotta be missin something here [Re: Dogfish_Jones] #14406029 06/27/22 05:55 PM
1oldbassguy Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Condoms, pull out, IUD's, sponges, whatever you wish to use, the plain fact is you know, she knows that a pregnancy can happen. As I was told as a teenager, the only way you can be certain to not get a girl pregnant is not have sex with her.
A girl should really think more than twice before she spread those legs. Think in terms of if I get pregnant is this the guy who I want as the father of my kids. If your answer is no, then close those legs.
Guy's is this the woman you want as the mother of your kids? If not better not slip into something that might cost you.
Plus.... lets not rule out getting something soap can't wash off either. If she or if he is willing to go do the act, who's to say she/he hasn't done it with many more. I think it would be pretty bad when the doctor walks back into the exam room and tells you you have something that will stay with you the rest of your life. That doctor may walk in and tell you you have something that can't be cured and it will kill you.
Is it worth all that?

if she is the village bicycle ---every bodies had a ride

Re: Gotta be missin something here [Re: Dogfish_Jones] #14406030 06/27/22 05:56 PM
S
Sawhorse Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
S
A girl should really think more than twice before she spread those legs.

Twice isn’t even a speed bump. Some of us weren’t raised to be quitters.

Re: Gotta be missin something here [Re: flashman252] #14406125 06/27/22 07:47 PM
D
Dogfish_Jones Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
D
Originally Posted by flashman252
Is it worth all that?

Spot on for sure.

With that said, what is everyone thoughts on the trigger laws states are imposing since the ruling? I was just reading about Louisiana's trigger law and how it would only allow abortion for situations that puts the mother at harm. Nothing is mentioned about Rape or incest though. I kind of have a problem with this. To the point of Dogfish, if it's consensual, it's yours but if a woman/girl gets pregnant from rape or incest.... I don't think it is very fair to the child being born. I think there are some women out there strong enough to care for their child from rape but mental health is a real issue in the country right now. Tack on rape to someone not so mentally well, I bet that child has a rough childhood and that opens a whole new set of issues. I don't necessarily disagree with these trigger laws, but I do think rape needs to be addressed in them.

As much as I abhor abortions, I do find solace in viewing instances where "maybe" it is the best option...not the first option or only option.
Rape, I can see where that woman could not wish to carry that child that would remind her everyday of that terrible event.
Incest, those are people who are already pretty messed up. But if it was a rape with incest, I fall back under the rule of rape.
Health, I really hope both mother and child makes it, but if one seems to have a huge chance of dying, I would refer them to their priest/pastor and have a deep discussion with what the medical experts are saying. Sometimes bad things just happen to good people and in these cases I see that happening.
Yes, it does sound like I am straddling the fence here, but those 3 examples are the only ones I find it might be wiser to terminate that pregnancy, but make it at the very onset, not months later when that child is kicking and growing, having eyes, ears, legs, arms and a heart.

2020 Nitro Z20, Mercury 250xp 4 stroke
"Sometimes I have to remind myself that it is called Fishing and not catching"
Re: Gotta be missin something here [Re: Dogfish_Jones] #14406240 06/27/22 10:25 PM
F
flashman252 Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
F
Originally Posted by flashman252
Is it worth all that?

Spot on for sure.

As much as I abhor abortions, I do find solace in viewing instances where "maybe" it is the best option...not the first option or only option.
Rape, I can see where that woman could not wish to carry that child that would remind her everyday of that terrible event.
Incest, those are people who are already pretty messed up. But if it was a rape with incest, I fall back under the rule of rape.
Health, I really hope both mother and child makes it, but if one seems to have a huge chance of dying, I would refer them to their priest/pastor and have a deep discussion with what the medical experts are saying. Sometimes bad things just happen to good people and in these cases I see that happening.
Yes, it does sound like I am straddling the fence here, but those 3 examples are the only ones I find it might be wiser to terminate that pregnancy, but make it at the very onset, not months later when that child is kicking and growing, having eyes, ears, legs, arms and a heart.

Exactly where I am at. I will add if incest was consensual then you have to live with in my opinion but there are MAJOR issues already pre-existing here. As far as medical reasoning, I agree 100% as well. I think if it is in the last trimester, most times an emergency C-section can be performed and baby can come out a little early and be ok in most cases. I do not have much experience in mother baby from a medical perspective, as I do not do well with babies and I have no kids of my own, so I am just going off of friends experiences when I make this statement. But your comments are spot on with what I am thinking when reading about these Trigger laws and I do not think you are straddling the fence. Nothing in life is exactly black and white and this is not one of those cases.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide