Forums59
Topics1,037,810
Posts13,934,881
Members144,150
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Overs on Fork for TTO and Media [Re: David Burton] #14403387 06/24/22 04:04 PM
Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life) Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by David Burton
Originally Posted by Basskicker907
Originally Posted by Sinkey
Lots of drama floating around with the "overs" caught in Media. They weren't bumped or measured. Rob and his partner won Media, then took their bag to TTO and their over was about 1/2" short. Several anglers talked to Gordon about the overs in Media, but not sure whats been done about it. Kinda hard to take money back this far out.
Not good on Media's side at all!

Watch the video that Terkla and company posted on youtube. They knowingly put a slot in the livewell hoping it would shrink. Should be ticketed for that.

You made me go watch one of his videos, dang you! It's suspect what they did, he admitted they caught it 'earlier'. But he passed the Lie Detector (presumably because they didn't ask about it). In his outtro, he avoids mentioning they got the big fish DQ'ed from the other trail.

Maybe I missed something but they put a fish that they say measured 24” on one side in the well. Rob made a simple comment that he hopes it does not shrink in the well? I’m not sure what’s wrong with that?

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Overs on Fork for TTO and Media [Re: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)] #14403604 06/24/22 06:59 PM
D
David Burton Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
D
Originally Posted by Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)
Originally Posted by Sinkey
Lots of drama floating around with the "overs" caught in Media. They weren't bumped or measured. Rob and his partner won Media, then took their bag to TTO and their over was about 1/2" short. Several anglers talked to Gordon about the overs in Media, but not sure whats been done about it. Kinda hard to take money back this far out.
Not good on Media's side at all!

Watch the video that Terkla and company posted on youtube. They knowingly put a slot in the livewell hoping it would shrink. Should be ticketed for that.

You made me go watch one of his videos, dang you! It's suspect what they did, he admitted they caught it 'earlier'. But he passed the Lie Detector (presumably because they didn't ask about it). In his outtro, he avoids mentioning they got the big fish DQ'ed from the other trail.

Maybe I missed something but they put a fish that they say measured 24” on one side in the well. Rob made a simple comment that he hopes it does not shrink in the well? I’m not sure what’s wrong with that?

It was a comment made when they turned the camera back on and he said, "go ahead and release it." He then went on to explain that they caught a fish earlier that touched the line, and it isn't allowed to touch the line. They hoped it would shrink in the livewell... then they patted themselves on the back for doing the right thing.
It's unclear as to whether they put it on the livewell and remeasured a bit of time later, or if they were just releasing it. There was a cull tag around at the time, so that's part of the puzzle.

David Burton
2015 Skeeter FX 21 +Ultrex +Helix 12 (x3) +Mega360 +MegaLive
Re: Overs on Fork for TTO and Media [Re: Tiltman] #14403677 06/24/22 07:42 PM
Basskicker907 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
Originally Posted by Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)
[quote=David Burton]

It was a comment made when they turned the camera back on and he said, "go ahead and release it." He then went on to explain that they caught a fish earlier that touched the line, and it isn't allowed to touch the line. They hoped it would shrink in the livewell... then they patted themselves on the back for doing the right thing.
It's unclear as to whether they put it on the livewell and remeasured a bit of time later, or if they were just releasing it. There was a cull tag around at the time, so that's part of the puzzle.

From what I heard and how I understand it, they boxed a fish in the slot and hoped it would shrink. They later released that fish adn patted themselves on the back for doing what's right. They broke the law and kept a slot fish, should be ticketed.

USAF
Re: Overs on Fork for TTO and Media [Re: Basskicker907] #14403864 06/24/22 09:43 PM
S
sprigsss Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
S

From what I heard and how I understand it, they boxed a fish in the slot and hoped it would shrink. They later released that fish adn patted themselves on the back for doing what's right. They broke the law and kept a slot fish, should be ticketed.

Sure appears to be the case.

I'm more concerned about them winning one tournament with an "over" that didn't measure up at the next tournament, and walking away with the cash.

Re: Overs on Fork for TTO and Media [Re: sprigsss] #14403877 06/24/22 09:59 PM
T
Txduckhunter Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Originally Posted by sprigsss

Sure appears to be the case.

I'm more concerned about them winning one tournament with an "over" that didn't measure up at the next tournament, and walking away with the cash.

Don't know them but adding up both these incidents - I come up with a poor opinion of their ethics and morals.

Re: Overs on Fork for TTO and Media [Re: Tiltman] #14403946 06/24/22 10:56 PM
J
JCBfromTHF Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
J
I noticed the differences in weight on the Media site and TTO site. I honestly didnt know why there was such a huge difference in the two weights for the same bag of fish so I asked him in the comments section of the video what was up with that. Think I asked that question 2 days ago and have not seen a response to that question. I figured maybe it was a dead fish and Media allowed it and TTO didnt. After finding this thread I guess I found the answer to my own question.

I am one of the few here that has been in the Googan Squads corner through all the hate on this forum, but that does not look good if he was in fact bragging about a win while knowing he weighed in a short fish.

Re: Overs on Fork for TTO and Media [Re: Tiltman] #14404154 06/25/22 04:40 AM
Joel McBride Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
I know nothing about the Googan squad but I do know if catch an over that barely measures then weight that 1 fish in. If you catch one that is barely over 16 inches then you put the fish back in the water period. You absolutely do not put a fish in the livewell that is barely over 16 inches period. We had 4 that were between 16 and 17 inches and 2 were just barely over 16 inches. They were released as they should be.

I hate cheaters and I've always believed it was a very, very rare event. Robber Rose stole a tourney from us on LL and I really believed that guy for a long time. That he was that good and he was just a cheater the whole time.

I still believe the overwhelming majority are just honest people trying to do the best they can.

I look up to Kernan, Romans and their partners along with alot of others that I know are just great fisherman. I'll throw my partner in that group as well. Rome is a bass fishing machine. So many others I could name.

Jeremy and Branden just get lucky lol. My cousin Jeremy Whitson is as good as anyone also.l Those guys are top notch along with Menees, McClendon,Temple. Ok I'm done.

Xcite bait guys go in that group. So many great anglers out there fishing against the top in our area.

Doing this on my phone is difficult and I know I missed alot of great fisherman that are totally honest and wouldn't cheat anyone. All of these guys would give you the shirt off their back.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide