Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Intermittent Fasting [Re: Dan90210 ☮] #14399646 06/21/22 02:04 AM
Okie Poke Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Sitting in bed in the hotel room here in Little Rock and my belly is covering almost half the screen on my iPad. It’s time. I gotta get back on the IF. Starting today! Another big problem is my beer consumption as of late. I have decided to give up the alcohol for a while and cut way back on amounts of food that I’m consuming. No more food for me between 5pm and 11am for a while. Committed once again! cry

Y’all keep up the good work. I’ll be frequenting this thread a lot more now that I’m back on the wagon, or is it off the wagon?

😎 Dallas Cowboys....eventual Superbowl Champions 😎

Re: Intermittent Fasting [Re: Dan90210 ☮] #14400572 06/21/22 10:34 PM
J
JIM SR. Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
J
I got to 279 over the last two years, I'll blame Covid, why not. I'm 6 foot and was fat. I love to eat, except liver. yuck.
My doctor was not very happy, and asked me if I had ever tried moderate fasting. I tried my own version and have lost 26
pounds since Feb first...no extra exercise at all. I do bowl a lot, up to 20 games a week, both league and tournaments.
My diet is 7-8 am Coffee sweet low with flavored creamer, 2 cups in morning, and about every other day, 3 scrambled eggs with mex salsa. One more meal about 3-4pm steak/fish with veggies. Tea or water. If I get hungry I might have a small instant oatmeal about 7pm. Thats it. I snack on sunflower seeds if I'm home watching Tv or on computer, but not more than my 25-30.
No pasta, oizza, potatoes, butter, very little milk, no booze, no bread excet a piece of toast sometimes. I
like salads for lunch too, the wife makes, can tuna and/or crab with all the salad stuff, light vinegar and lime juice.
I try to not eat anything after 7pm. My A1C was over 7, it's now below 6, and my dr has decreased my meds.
I have more energy, and sleep better. I'm 73, and finally feel like I'm doing what I want to do, and not waht some magic diet
tells me to do. jim

Re: Intermittent Fasting [Re: Dan90210 ☮] #14400714 06/22/22 01:51 AM
Okie Poke Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Man, that’s great, Jim. Thanks for posting. I may follow some of your successful measures. Keep up the good! I’m bound and determined to stay with it for a while. I want 20 gone at least!

Re: Intermittent Fasting [Re: Dan90210 ☮] #14403760 06/24/22 08:40 PM
J
JIM SR. Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
J
i weight once a day,...soon as I get up every morning after I pee. That's your slimmest. My goal is to weight just a little less tomorrow.
If you can drop a few ounces everyday it keeps you going...baby steps...

Re: Intermittent Fasting [Re: Okie Poke] #14404206 06/25/22 11:59 AM
Okie Poke Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Okie Poke
Good luck to all of y’all. I’ve finally started my IF again on Monday. 4th day and already feel better. Got a ways to go, though. Weight is embarrassingly at 240lbs.

I reread this thread and I lied. I only got started again with IF 6 days ago. I already feel better. Not fully adjusted yet but getting there. I will miss my voodoo for a while, but mainly will miss eating dinner with my wife. I'm headed to West Texas for business for 3 days next week and cannot wait to see my willpower in progress. Got dinners scheduled w/ customers so I will steer away a little on my times that I eat dinner, but plan to eat very sensibly. I am now weighing 235lbs. And yes...I am fat. It helps my motivation when I come clean in public. So thanks for that, OT.....

For those of you that are IFing.....good luck and stay the course. It really does work if you stick with it.

Re: Intermittent Fasting [Re: Dan90210 ☮] #14404989 06/26/22 03:06 PM
Mark Perry Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
I started doing the 12 hour daily fast back on May 17th. I only eat from 7:00AM until 7:00PM. There have been several times where I was not hungry so I did not eat much after lunchtime. I really cleaned up my eating but I have made sure it's sustainable. Lots of fresh fruit and vegetables. Good, clean proteins. I try and avoid as much processed foods as possible. It's almost a hybrid Keto/ Paleo way of eating but again its very sustainable. I did cutoutall bread for the first 30 days and didn't really miss it. I think I have had bread 2 times since May. I loved breadbut fasting really resets your taste buds and you stop wanting certain foods.
I haven't really amped up my workouts yet but use a treadmill and Concept 2 rower almost daily.
I am down 37lbs sin May 17th.
I plan on doing a complete 24hr fast monthly as well as a 48-72hr fast every 90 days or so. The health benefits are too goodnot to do it.

Re: Intermittent Fasting [Re: Dan90210 ☮] #14405057 06/26/22 04:27 PM
Okie Poke Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
I’m not watching what foods I put into my mouth, but I am eating a lot healthier. I still will have bread, rice, an occasional sweet, but just a lot less of everything. Small portions. I talked my wife into eating with me at least on the weekend (4:30pm). We had shake n bake pork chops and oven roasted veggies yesterday. We just now ate a late breakfast…..two eggs over easy and sausage biscuit. Dinner will be at 4:30pm and we’re having shake n’ bake boneless skinless chicken breast (sriracha and Dukes mayo mixture) and then coated with S n’B and baked. We will also have a salad with that. I drink only one diet pop a day and drink a whole lot of water. Trying to walk approx 5mi/day, too. My goal is 215lbs. Got a long way to go but got a good start now.

Re: Intermittent Fasting [Re: Okie Poke] #14405061 06/26/22 04:31 PM
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
I’m not watching what foods I put into my mouth, but I am eating a lot healthier. I still will have bread, rice, an occasional sweet, but just a lot less of everything. Small portions. I talked my wife into eating with me at least on the weekend (4:30pm). We had shake n bake pork chops and oven roasted veggies yesterday. We just now ate a late breakfast…..two eggs over easy and sausage biscuit. Dinner will be at 4:30pm and we’re having shake n’ bake boneless skinless chicken breast (sriracha and Dukes mayo mixture) and then coated with S n’B and baked. We will also have a salad with that. I drink only one diet pop a day and drink a whole lot of water. Trying to walk approx 5mi/day, too. My goal is 215lbs. Got a long way to go but got a good start now.

We are all different and you just have to dovwhat works for you eating wise. I think sometimes my self included. often start eating a certain way to lose weight that simply is not sustainable longterm. I am trying to learn from my mistakes in that regard.
You will reach your goal. Just keep your eyes on the prize. You got this.

Re: Intermittent Fasting [Re: Mark Perry] #14405062 06/26/22 04:33 PM
Okie Poke Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Mark Perry

WOW! That’s awesome.

Re: Intermittent Fasting [Re: Mark Perry] #14405063 06/26/22 04:34 PM
Okie Poke Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru

We are all different and you just have to dovwhat works for you eating wise. I think sometimes my self included. often start eating a certain way to lose weight that simply is not sustainable longterm. I am trying to learn from my mistakes in that regard.
You will reach your goal. Just keep your eyes on the prize. You got this.

Thanks, bro……good luck to you, too. We both got this!

Re: Intermittent Fasting [Re: Okie Poke] #14405067 06/26/22 04:41 PM
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak

WOW! That’s awesome.

For whatever reason I have been able to drop weight at a faster pace than most. I kept wondering why at times I would gain it back even when being on track eating wise. My doctor says I am not naturally a fat guy. They kept doing testing until they finally found that I had Hashimotos disease. It jacks with my immune e system and can cause unexplained weight gain. It also wreaks havoc on your body in other ways. We finally got a medication dialed in that keeps it at bay so hopefully it stays off this time. My labs have always been phenomenal and never matched my weight. They would always tell me that I was the healthiest fat kid they have seen..... roflmao

Re: Intermittent Fasting [Re: JIM SR.] #14405209 06/26/22 07:40 PM
Dan90210 ☮ Offline OP
Jr Deputy Dan
OP Offline
Jr Deputy Dan
Originally Posted by JIM SR.
I got to 279 over the last two years, I'll blame Covid, why not. I'm 6 foot and was fat. I love to eat, except liver. yuck.
My doctor was not very happy, and asked me if I had ever tried moderate fasting. I tried my own version and have lost 26
pounds since Feb first...no extra exercise at all. I do bowl a lot, up to 20 games a week, both league and tournaments.
My diet is 7-8 am Coffee sweet low with flavored creamer, 2 cups in morning, and about every other day, 3 scrambled eggs with mex salsa. One more meal about 3-4pm steak/fish with veggies. Tea or water. If I get hungry I might have a small instant oatmeal about 7pm. Thats it. I snack on sunflower seeds if I'm home watching Tv or on computer, but not more than my 25-30.
No pasta, oizza, potatoes, butter, very little milk, no booze, no bread excet a piece of toast sometimes. I
like salads for lunch too, the wife makes, can tuna and/or crab with all the salad stuff, light vinegar and lime juice.
I try to not eat anything after 7pm. My A1C was over 7, it's now below 6, and my dr has decreased my meds.
I have more energy, and sleep better. I'm 73, and finally feel like I'm doing what I want to do, and not waht some magic diet
tells me to do. jim

Thats awesome brother! Like Mark mentioned beyond losing weight there are many other tremendous health benefits.

And again its super easy to do. Just takes a little discipline and ability to say "no... not right now", to yourself sometimes.

Re: Intermittent Fasting [Re: Okie Poke] #14405215 06/26/22 07:50 PM
Dan90210 ☮ Offline OP
Jr Deputy Dan
OP Offline
Jr Deputy Dan
Man, that’s great, Jim. Thanks for posting. I may follow some of your successful measures. Keep up the good! I’m bound and determined to stay with it for a while. I want 20 gone at least!

Sounds like you have a plan and the will.

Get it done bud. You got this.

I have a pair of shorts, my favorite pair, that last summer I could not wear because I could not button them closed. Those now fall to my shoes immediately without a belt. That feels about as good as you think it would. Feels better than that short moment of mouth pleasure you get from eating. And then when you do get your grub on it is so much better. You savor each bite.

Lets go Okie! Welcome back to the wagon!

Re: Intermittent Fasting [Re: Dan90210 ☮] #14405225 06/26/22 08:04 PM
Okie Poke Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Dan, are you still weighing 217? That’s where I’m gonna be. No timeline…..just gonna get there. I will be posting weight periodically to help my inner motivation.

Like your shorts that fall off, I’ve got a couple pairs of jeans that I gauge myself with. When I fit good into those, I feel that I can conquer the world, haha.

You’ve done a great job with IF. Hopefully, others can see that it will make their life healthier and longer lasting if they try it. We’re not only here to help ourselves, but help others along the way if we can.

Keep up the good and let’s keep posting on this thread for accountability. Anyone that wants to share their experience….please do so.

Re: Intermittent Fasting [Re: Dan90210 ☮] #14405850 06/27/22 03:08 PM
Dan90210 ☮ Offline OP
Jr Deputy Dan
OP Offline
Jr Deputy Dan
No I have been at or around 210 for the last 6 weeks.

I saw my Dr last week and she had me 6 months ago at 253lbs. I was 213lbs on her scale last week (with my clothes on). I was 209.5 at home naked that morning.

Looking forward to my blood test results. I will share the highlights when I get them back. Hopefully today or tomorrow.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide