Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Another Pit Bull victim #14400958 06/22/22 02:20 PM
B
bigrebar Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
B
A Texas man has died after being attacked by three dogs, resulting in having his legs and an arm amputated.

Nicolas Vasquez was taken to the hospital on June 9 after a neighbor, Calvin Stoy, discovered him being mauled in Huffman, Texas.

"I thought I heard a moan. I heard the dogs barking. So I went to the corner of my yard here, and I heard another moan," Stoy told Fox 26 Houston.

Once Stoy approached the ditch where Vasquez was located, he shined his flashlight and scattered the dogs. He then called 911. Stoy says the dogs were a mix of pit bull breeds.
The victim's niece, Kelly Vasquez, says the dogs were basically eating her uncle alive.

"His body couldn’t take it anymore," said his niece.

Vasquez and Stoy added that the dogs were not friendly and would often chase people walking by as well as bark and attack kids.

Other residents told Fox 26 that the victim suffered an ankle bite from two of the dogs two months ago.
The district attorney's office and investigators are expected to meet to determine if the owners should be charged. The dogs have been taken into custody by animal control.

"First of all, it’s a crime to let your dogs run loose like that. I think he should face manslaughter, said Stoy.

Last edited by bigrebar; 06/22/22 02:21 PM.
Re: Another Pit Bull victim [Re: bigrebar] #14400962 06/22/22 02:22 PM
A
avid_basser Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
A
Sad story....but why were these dogs / owners not reported or held accountable for the first few incidents?

Re: Another Pit Bull victim [Re: bigrebar] #14400971 06/22/22 02:31 PM
F
flashman252 Offline
Angler
Angler
F
Also would like to see the upbringing and environment of these dogs. There is always a crazy one that has no hope and those ones are put down. I am still a strong believer that you treat a dog right, they are buddies for life no matter what breed they are. There is always the fluke animal that has a freak accident and at the end of the day they are animals. I would say 90% of these attacks are because the dogs were essentially brought up this way.

My brother was only 9 months old when our lab bit him in the face. Sweetest dog growing up and even only being 4 years old, I LOVED THAT DOG and still have memories playing with him. We had a big 4th of July bbq at the house, it was insanely hot, parents weren't watching my brother. He crawled over to the dog was messing with an already stressed out animal, and a 90lb lab snapped one time at a little 9 month old crawling baby. The incident was catastrophic for my brothers face and I still remember my mom holding my brother face down and skin just hanging from his face.

Was the dog bad? Absolutely not. Was it failure to recognize the situation on the owners part, absolutely. My dad rushed my mom, my brother and the dog off. My mom and brother were dropped off at the hospital, my dad went 20 minutes away to an empty lot and rid the dog right there with a .357. When the docs asked where the dog was, my dad only said "that's been taken care of."

Even the best dogs and breeds in the world can and will snap in certain conditions. They are animals. Blatant attacks and eating human flesh.... this isn't a breed issue, this is 100% the way these dogs were raised issue. Owners need to be held 100% responsible.

Re: Another Pit Bull victim [Re: bigrebar] #14400977 06/22/22 02:34 PM
Y
YEE_YEE Online Confused
TFF Celebrity
Online Confused
TFF Celebrity
Y
1.Common sense dog laws
2. Background checks on dog ownership
3. Red "dog" flags
4. ?

Re: Another Pit Bull victim [Re: flashman252] #14400982 06/22/22 02:40 PM
B
Bob Davis Online Content
Bunkeroid Bob
Online Content
Bunkeroid Bob
B
Originally Posted by flashman252
Also would like to see the upbringing and environment of these dogs. There is always a crazy one that has no hope and those ones are put down. I am still a strong believer that you treat a dog right, they are buddies for life no matter what breed they are. There is always the fluke animal that has a freak accident and at the end of the day they are animals. I would say 90% of these attacks are because the dogs were essentially brought up this way.

My brother was only 9 months old when our lab bit him in the face. Sweetest dog growing up and even only being 4 years old, I LOVED THAT DOG and still have memories playing with him. We had a big 4th of July bbq at the house, it was insanely hot, parents weren't watching my brother. He crawled over to the dog was messing with an already stressed out animal, and a 90lb lab snapped one time at a little 9 month old crawling baby. The incident was catastrophic for my brothers face and I still remember my mom holding my brother face down and skin just hanging from his face.

Was the dog bad? Absolutely not. Was it failure to recognize the situation on the owners part, absolutely. My dad rushed my mom, my brother and the dog off. My mom and brother were dropped off at the hospital, my dad went 20 minutes away to an empty lot and rid the dog right there with a .357. When the docs asked where the dog was, my dad only said "that's been taken care of."

Even the best dogs and breeds in the world can and will snap in certain conditions. They are animals. Blatant attacks and eating human flesh.... this isn't a breed issue, this is 100% the way these dogs were raised issue. Owners need to be held 100% responsible.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
Re: Another Pit Bull victim [Re: bigrebar] #14401007 06/22/22 02:49 PM
S
Samsonsworld Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
S
Lots of chihuahuas grow up without a father in broken homes and never mauled someone. Just saying.

Re: Another Pit Bull victim [Re: bigrebar] #14401014 06/22/22 02:51 PM
L
lconn4 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
L
I was bitten last week by a big lab.. was at appointment and owner was there as well. She had 8 rescue dogs she had adopted. I waited outside fence as they were all going nuts. She said it would be fine. I came on in, made friends with most of them real quick but they were excited and jumping all around. Later on I'm walking around the house with owner and a big lab ran in from behind me and bit my calf viciously. I tried to act like it was no big deal until I knew I was bleeding. Walked it off but it hurt like hell. Later on she said that the only other person it had ever bitten was her brother. First time I've been bitten by any animal in over 50 years.

A good rule of angling philosophy is not to interfere with another fisherman's ways of being happy, unless you want to be hated.
Zane Grey, Tales of Fishes, 1919

https://vimeo.com/73372194
https://vimeo.com/72859045

Re: Another Pit Bull victim [Re: YEE_YEE] #14401015 06/22/22 02:51 PM
Bigbob_FTW Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Originally Posted by YEE_YEE
1.Common sense dog laws
2. Background checks on dog ownership
3. Red "dog" flags
4. ?

Absolutely. If it will save one child...

[Linked Image][Linked Image] FJB
Re: Another Pit Bull victim [Re: bigrebar] #14401023 06/22/22 03:01 PM
M
Monty Wright Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
M
I think I read in a different article that they had to move the school bus stop due to those dogs.

[Linked Image]

Half Past First Cast
^^^Worth a look^^^
Re: Another Pit Bull victim [Re: bigrebar] #14401034 06/22/22 03:13 PM
R
Razorback Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
R
I have been bitten by a greyhound. I was riding my bike when it ran out of a neighbor's open gate and sank its teeth into my hip. I've also been bitten on the back of the leg by a miniature pinscher. My uncle's German Shepherd bit my sister just above her breast when we went to his house as kids.

I guess I look at things differently. Bad things sometimes happen. I'm not in favor of outlawing or killing all dogs of any breed because one or two out of 30 million Texans dies every year or so.

Re: Another Pit Bull victim [Re: Monty Wright] #14401035 06/22/22 03:13 PM
T
Texan Til I Die Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
T
Originally Posted by Monty Wright
I think I read in a different article that they had to move the school bus stop due to those dogs.

Good grief, doesn't anyone in Huffman own a gun? When you see dogs acting like that just shoot them and be done with it.

"If ever time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Re: Another Pit Bull victim [Re: Bob Davis] #14401040 06/22/22 03:18 PM
F
flashman252 Offline
Angler
Angler
F
Originally Posted by Bob Davis

[Linked Image]

Exactly... when I can, I still make my mom and dad feel bad about that moment. That dog did nothing wrong but you put any animal in a vulnerable situation, they will always protect their self. I still get a little bugged every time I think of Ol Dude dog. He was a goodin who got the shaft way too young. My dad to this day has no remorse over the whole situation but my mom still thinks it was handled all wrong. Either way, it wasn't the dogs fault, it was the owners fault and that was the point I was trying to drive home here.

Re: Another Pit Bull victim [Re: flashman252] #14401051 06/22/22 03:29 PM
S
steveiam Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
S

[Linked Image]

Exactly... when I can, I still make my mom and dad feel bad about that moment. That dog did nothing wrong but you put any animal in a vulnerable situation, they will always protect their self. I still get a little bugged every time I think of Ol Dude dog. He was a goodin who got the shaft way too young. My dad to this day has no remorse over the whole situation but my mom still thinks it was handled all wrong. Either way, it wasn't the dogs fault, it was the owners fault and that was the point I was trying to drive home here.

Add me to the list of men that felt like your dad did-
No matter the reason it happened I would want to make sure that it never happened with that dog again-

What has happed to you does not define who you are-

HOW you react to what happens to you DOES!
Re: Another Pit Bull victim [Re: steveiam] #14401059 06/22/22 03:35 PM
F
flashman252 Offline
Angler
Angler
F
Originally Posted by steveiam

[Linked Image]

Add me to the list of men that felt like your dad did-
No matter the reason it happened I would want to make sure that it never happened with that dog again-

Should of never happened in the first place though. No matter what, the dog was done. If my dad did not off him on his own, the hospital was going to make a CYFD case and the dog would of been removed from the house anyways. I do get your point and think it is valid but it should of never came to that. Animals can and will become stressed out. Put them away at large gatherings. God forbid, don't leave a little baby unattended to crawl into a dogs space and let him smack him around on the face and pull on his tail in a stressful environment. I am sure my brother had done that with Dude before in the house in a more controlled environment without all the stressors and I am sure Dude licked and was appropriate with him. Hell I grew up with Dude from newborn to that point and obviously he never attacked me. July 4th, outside at 90-100 degrees, 20 people around making noise on the back porch, the dog had found a corner, away from the chaos and started getting picked on. My parents should of known better and never let a baby around a dog with all of that going on.

Re: Another Pit Bull victim [Re: Razorback] #14401085 06/22/22 03:53 PM
Chris B Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Razorback
I have been bitten by a greyhound. I was riding my bike when it ran out of a neighbor's open gate and sank its teeth into my hip. I've also been bitten on the back of the leg by a miniature pinscher. My uncle's German Shepherd bit my sister just above her breast when we went to his house as kids.

I guess I look at things differently. Bad things sometimes happen. I'm not in favor of outlawing or killing all dogs of any breed because one or two out of 30 million Texans dies every year or so.

Big difference though. Sure lots of dogs can bite. But there is only one breed that constantly kills people.

[Linked Image]
I hate photobucket.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide