G
grandbassslayer Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted by Bigbob_FTW
Originally Posted by Jpurdue
I haven't read half of it, but the half I did has been respectful. I'm proud of the OT! Growth moment.

Its been very respectful save for one or two.

Bigbob I hope mine have not been perceived as disrespectful. I definitely have strong opinions on this but ultimately it’s up to every man to decide for himself.👍

Re: Question for the Christian Men [Re: grandbassslayer] #14396869 06/17/22 07:58 PM
Bigbob_FTW Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Originally Posted by grandbassslayer
Originally Posted by Jpurdue
I haven't read half of it, but the half I did has been respectful. I'm proud of the OT! Growth moment.

Its been very respectful save for one or two.

Bigbob I hope mine have not been perceived as disrespectful. I definitely have strong opinions on this but ultimately it’s up to every man to decide for himself.👍

You're good sir. Never an issue. thumb

[Linked Image][Linked Image] FJB
Re: Question for the Christian Men [Re: grandbassslayer] #14396909 06/17/22 08:46 PM
J
Jonah's View Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
Originally Posted by grandbassslayer
Originally Posted by deerfeeder
Thief on the cross was already believer when he was on his cross. If there is zero precedent in Scripture. then why did John the Baptist, baptize Jesus in the Jordan river? John already knew that Jesus was the Redeemer. Serious question, I only "know" what I was taught, so if you have other information I'm all eyes and ears.

Are you suggesting the thief had underwent some sort of water baptism? Jesus had to be baptized it’s a requirement of Judaism.

very nice, little side bar on a very important event... first the thief who would eventually repent was not a believer before getting nailed to the cross... we read in Matthew 27:44 "The robbers who had been crucified with Him were also insulting Him with the same words."... if he was a believer before the cross he would not be mocking the savior, the consensus is the thief heard Jesus pray to the father, and heard God through the Holy Spirit and came to repentance and he believed Jesus was the Son of God... as far as Jesus' baptism by John the Baptist, it had to be done to end Johns ministry and begin Jesus' ministry to fulfill the scriptures...I like what one scholar said, he said John was in the line of Levi, and part of the priest job was to prepare the sacrifice that was to be presented to God...and Jesus was/is The Lamb of God who takes/took away the sin of the world... great thread guys... I really appreciate that this has been kept this side of the bunker as well... thumb

Maranatha !
Re: Question for the Christian Men [Re: Indianation65] #14396916 06/17/22 08:49 PM
I
Indianation65 Online Content OP
TFF Guru
OP Online Content
TFF Guru
I
Thanks to all, and by all means, continue if you have something to say/type! IN65

...+++

Re: Question for the Christian Men [Re: Indianation65] #14396918 06/17/22 08:50 PM
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
I've come to believe baptism isn't required for salvation. Thoughts?

Re: Question for the Christian Men [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #14396967 06/17/22 09:35 PM
J
Jonah's View Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J

agreed... it is a public proclamation of ones association with Christ following salvation... it's why childhood baptism is nothing more than washing a baby in a religious ritual - sure it is a public proclamation of the parents association with Christ by committing their child to the Lord, but the child never through their own "free will" chose Christ as savior - make sense?...children are covered by a clause in the Law known as "the age of accountability" many arguments on what age that is, in the Jewish culture that age is 13 - when a child becomes an adult - i don't know...LOL, but if a child dies before the age of accountability they go right to the presence of God this belief has its origins from a passage in the Old Test in the book of 1st or 2nd Samual where David lost a child conceived in sin, and he tells those who were with him I will be reunited with the child in heaven - now back on track... as an adult once you have made the decision for Christ and become Born Again, the ritual of "Believers baptism" is not for salvation as that issue has already been settled - it's done in obedience and as a public declaration of your association with Christ... you are counting yourself dead to this world publicly - with the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ... another way to put it is it is "fruit of the Spirit" we do not do it to be saved, we do it because we are saved... breakdance

Maranatha !
Re: Question for the Christian Men [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #14396970 06/17/22 09:38 PM
S
spazm09 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
S

Agreed, but probably not for same reason. ; )

[Linked Image]
Re: Question for the Christian Men [Re: Jonah's View] #14396990 06/17/22 10:03 PM
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Originally Posted by Jonah's View

agreed... it is a public proclamation of ones association with Christ following salvation... it's why childhood baptism is nothing more than washing a baby in a religious ritual - sure it is a public proclamation of the parents association with Christ by committing their child to the Lord, but the child never through their own "free will" chose Christ as savior - make sense?...children are covered by a clause in the Law known as "the age of accountability" many arguments on what age that is, in the Jewish culture that age is 13 - when a child becomes an adult - i don't know...LOL, but if a child dies before the age of accountability they go right to the presence of God this belief has its origins from a passage in the Old Test in the book of 1st or 2nd Samual where David lost a child conceived in sin, and he tells those who were with him I will be reunited with the child in heaven - now back on track... as an adult once you have made the decision for Christ and become Born Again, the ritual of "Believers baptism" is not for salvation as that issue has already been settled - it's done in obedience and as a public declaration of your association with Christ... you are counting yourself dead to this world publicly - with the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ... another way to put it is it is "fruit of the Spirit" we do not do it to be saved, we do it because we are saved... breakdance

We have conformation. Its at 14. You become a full member of the church and are welcomed to the lords table.

Re: Question for the Christian Men [Re: Indianation65] #14396992 06/17/22 10:06 PM
D
Douglas J Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D
3 things a man will always lie about, his gas milage, the size of his johnson and his salvation

#MFGA
Re: Question for the Christian Men [Re: Indianation65] #14397014 06/17/22 10:37 PM
R
RayBob Offline
Super Freak
Super Freak
R
Originally Posted by Indianation65
Regarding a few points by other forum members on previous pages.

Many non-church goers have a notion that Christians/church-goers go to church, become parts of an "organized religion," simple to "make themselves feel better about themselves."
That is not true at all.
People who attend an organized "church/spiritual/Christian/whatever" gathering, go to worship in their faith, and to have "community" with like-minded people.

It's like a bunch of fishing dudes going daily to a fishing forum.

Also and again, maybe some Catholics do this, but many do not, and I do NOT worship Mother Mary or the Pope.
I honor them and respect them, but for this current pope, I do not. I think he's a leftist.

...+++

Interesting thoughts. I feel you are spot on about being surrounded with like minded people. The Church is spoken of as the body. The body is made up of many parts and each with a differing function. Different churches and different church denominations SHOULD work together to carry out the Great Commission. Unfortunately we don't ! I can imagine this saddens The Father.

Another thing that saddens God, I feel, is to think one does not need to be a member of a body. In fact that is selfish. Look up the definition. That is definitely not the character of our savior Jesus. All believers are called to minister to one another and for one another. We are commanded to not forsake gathering together with other believers. Once one declares himself a believer before men then he has a responsibility to the body! Is salvation compromised? Certainly not! But rewards in Heaven on the great day will be compromised. Read it. Your works will be tested.

And on that vein we should (this is the gospel of Bob here) gather with other denominations and celebrate the thing(s) we have in common. Jesus himself said "where 2 or more are gathered in my name, there I am in the midst of them". If that don't make your hair rise ... well ... ! My wife was raised a Catholic. She can tell you more about it but when I attended her home church in New Brunswick I knew Jesus was there! She attends a Baptist Church with me now. Yes, there are some wrong attitudes there with some members about not just other denominations but also other BAPTIST Churches . . . sorta a kind of competition. That's wrong, period . You preach Jesus and his salvation and you be cool ! Here's the Jesus attitude : Mark 9 : 37-39

Y'all, this strife among Jesus believers must stop!!

Advice? Wise men don't need it. Fools won't heed it.

Re: Question for the Christian Men [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #14397017 06/17/22 10:41 PM
G
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
G

I agree.
For by one Spirit, we were all baptized into one body, whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free, and we were all made to drink of one Spirit” (1 Corinthians 12.13).
3 Or do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus have been baptized into His death? 4 Therefore we have been buried with Him through baptism into death, so that as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, so we too might walk in newness of life. 5 For if we have become united with Him in the likeness of His death, certainly we shall also be in the likeness of His resurrection, (Romans 6.3-6).

Re: Question for the Christian Men [Re: Indianation65] #14397020 06/17/22 10:41 PM
G
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
G
What kind of baptism did Paul teach in these passages? Did he mean water baptism or spiritual baptism? Let the reader ask himself the following questions. Can water baptism identify us into the death of Christ? Can it identify us in Christ’s resurrection? Can it cause us to walk in newness of life? Can a work of man do these things? These works are beyond the capability of man; they are of God. Paul taught that when one believes his gospel, that Christ died for our sins and rose from the dead (1 Corinthians 15.1-4), he is baptized by the Holy Spirit (1 Corinthians 12.13). With this act, God identifies the believer with Christ and he becomes a member of the body of Christ, i.e., the Church. God sees him as sharing (being identified) in Jesus’ death and resurrection.

Re: Question for the Christian Men [Re: RayBob] #14397024 06/17/22 10:43 PM
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Originally Posted by RayBob
Originally Posted by Indianation65
Regarding a few points by other forum members on previous pages.

Many non-church goers have a notion that Christians/church-goers go to church, become parts of an "organized religion," simple to "make themselves feel better about themselves."
That is not true at all.
People who attend an organized "church/spiritual/Christian/whatever" gathering, go to worship in their faith, and to have "community" with like-minded people.

It's like a bunch of fishing dudes going daily to a fishing forum.

Also and again, maybe some Catholics do this, but many do not, and I do NOT worship Mother Mary or the Pope.
I honor them and respect them, but for this current pope, I do not. I think he's a leftist.

...+++

Interesting thoughts. I feel you are spot on about being surrounded with like minded people. The Church is spoken of as the body. The body is made up of many parts and each with a differing function. Different churches and different church denominations SHOULD work together to carry out the Great Commission. Unfortunately we don't ! I can imagine this saddens The Father.

Another thing that saddens God, I feel, is to think one does not need to be a member of a body. In fact that is selfish. Look up the definition. That is definitely not the character of our savior Jesus. All believers are called to minister to one another and for one another. We are commanded to not forsake gathering together with other believers. Once one declares himself a believer before men then he has a responsibility to the body! Is salvation compromised? Certainly not! But rewards in Heaven on the great day will be compromised. Read it. Your works will be tested.

And on that vein we should (this is the gospel of Bob here) gather with other denominations and celebrate the thing(s) we have in common. Jesus himself said "where 2 or more are gathered in my name, there I am in the midst of them". If that don't make your hair rise ... well ... ! My wife was raised a Catholic. She can tell you more about it but when I attended her home church in New Brunswick I knew Jesus was there! She attends a Baptist Church with me now. Yes, there are some wrong attitudes there with some members about not just other denominations but also other BAPTIST Churches . . . sorta a kind of competition. That's wrong, period . You preach Jesus and his salvation and you be cool ! Here's the Jesus attitude : Mark 9 : 37-39

Y'all, this strife among Jesus believers must stop!!

Amen sir.

Re: Question for the Christian Men [Re: Indianation65] #14397025 06/17/22 10:43 PM
R
RayBob Offline
Super Freak
Super Freak
R
Oh, BTW, I've been around . . . I've attended other denomination than Baptist including Church of Christ , Pentecostal, Non-denominational, A.O.G.. There are some theological differences for sure, doctrinal differences. I think all denominations will be in Heaven. As I said way earlier . . . the Gospel is simple. A simple minded person can get it if they have faith! My 7 year old daughter did (well, she was 7 then).

Just preach Jesus and that he is The Way, The Truth, and The Life! No one comes to the Father except thru him!!!!

BOOM! *mic drop*

Advice? Wise men don't need it. Fools won't heed it.

Re: Question for the Christian Men [Re: Indianation65] #14397028 06/17/22 10:45 PM
G
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
G
Brings us back to this verse I posted earlier now that Paul has established we are baptized by the Holy Spirit the moment we believe-

5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism; 6 one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.

Page 10 of 14 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide