Forums59
Topics1,038,939
Posts13,955,888
Members144,183
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: How much $ before you'd rethink a day trip? [Re: bockscar] #14395505 06/16/22 01:07 PM
F
fishnfireman Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
F
Thank God I cashed a few checks, and my tournament season is over till later this fall,
Being on a fixed income and living in the middle of the panhandle. I've already been watching what I spend and eating at home.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: How much $ before you'd rethink a day trip? [Re: bockscar] #14395699 06/16/22 04:04 PM
O
over the hill @PK Offline
Angler
Angler
O
It is so nice to hear all of you guys who make a lot of money and can just go on as if nothing has happened .That is great for you but what about us lil guys on fixed income who have a boat but can not go because of the price of everything. Your family has to eat before you can go anywhere. This I will say if your well off you had better be saving a lot because your job is in bad trouble as the intrest rates may take you out and your job may leave. This country is in very bad trouble and all you are worried about is going fishing .I hope that is the only thing you have to worry about before this is over !

Butch Farmer
Re: How much $ before you'd rethink a day trip? [Re: over the hill @PK] #14395729 06/16/22 04:33 PM
T
Txduckhunter Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Originally Posted by Butch @Hubbard creek
It is so nice to hear all of you guys who make a lot of money and can just go on as if nothing has happened .That is great for you but what about us lil guys on fixed income who have a boat but can not go because of the price of everything. Your family has to eat before you can go anywhere. This I will say if your well off you had better be saving a lot because your job is in bad trouble as the intrest rates may take you out and your job may leave. This country is in very bad trouble and all you are worried about is going fishing .I hope that is the only thing you have to worry about before this is over !

I grew up Ramen noodle broke - still fished. Worked my A$$ off to not be broke but if it happens - it happens, I'll still fish.

Re: How much $ before you'd rethink a day trip? [Re: over the hill @PK] #14395760 06/16/22 04:59 PM
B
bockscar Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
B

As someone who i feel is on the lower end of the spectrum in terms of net worth here....damn dude. A lot of these guys live close to water...they arent burning even an 1/8th of a tank of gas...so its really no biggie for them versus carrying on like nothing has happened.

When I posted this I was kinda wondering "whats your number" that would make you rethink a trip...but in that same vein this also got answered by people if they are already being affected and how its affecting them. Even baller HK said he didnt like it...and I think hes not 2 hours away from water like me and its a closer trip....so Im sure its no sweat off his brow, but im sure he'd rather buy a vision 110 and pack of senkos with that extra $30-40 thats been tacked onto all our gas bills

I do feel you though for sure! thankfully im still of the working age....but my yearly isnt a nutty number, but thankfully i am frugal by nature. Id be scared and definitely have a more serious sentiment if I was on a fixed income. Even the SS increase theyll do for retirees this year....it wont be enough to make up for all the extra money they are spending. Our country is in a very bad place. I dont disagree with that. 75 basis point rate increase aint gonna make eggs $1.29 again!!! Sadly

Re: How much $ before you'd rethink a day trip? [Re: Txduckhunter] #14395814 06/16/22 06:07 PM
tmd11111 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Txduckhunter

I grew up Ramen noodle broke - still fished. Worked my A$$ off to not be broke but if it happens - it happens, I'll still fish.

Same here, was always broke enough that the want's never came because the needs came first. Made a lot of sacrifices over the years to get to where I'm at now. Don't give a dang what gas costs because it ain't stopping me from doing what I want. For those who are struggling I feel for you and have been in your shoes but life is about choices and its never too late to make a better one.

Re: How much $ before you'd rethink a day trip? [Re: bockscar] #14395914 06/16/22 07:55 PM
B
Bass Buster1 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
My wife and I started out on about $750.00 a month take home pay when we married and I was a Private in the Army. We have worked our ever loving tails off, raised our family and just now 31 years into our marriage are beginning to enjoy the fruits of our labor. We give away about 15% of what we earn through tithing and other gifting to those in need. We also have about 1/3 of what we earn confiscated by the government and wasted or given to those who do not want to work as hard. My boat is a paid for 92 model, we drive paid for cars, garden, hunt, fish, process, can, and freeze our own meat and veggies and try to eat as much from that as possible. We avoid debt like our lives depend on it. We can afford to go to the lake yes and feel incredibly blessed by the Lord to still be able to do so. Before you get testy about those who are still able to function under our current very dire circumstances, you should know their story and work ethic. I think Jesus described it best when he spoke about motes and beams...Fish on everyone, pray for our country and pray for and take care of your families!

See you on the lake and have a great day!
Re: How much $ before you'd rethink a day trip? [Re: tmd11111] #14395995 06/16/22 09:17 PM
W
WAWI Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
W
Originally Posted by tmd11111
Originally Posted by Txduckhunter

Same here, was always broke enough that the want's never came because the needs came first. Made a lot of sacrifices over the years to get to where I'm at now. Don't give a dang what gas costs because it ain't stopping me from doing what I want. For those who are struggling I feel for you and have been in your shoes but life is about choices and its never too late to make a better one.

That about sums it up

Re: How much $ before you'd rethink a day trip? [Re: over the hill @PK] #14396007 06/16/22 09:32 PM
G
grout-scout Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G

I have never been to Graham, but looking at the map, there are 3 lakes pretty dang close to you. Take your boat to the lake, drop your trolling motor and start fishing. You don’t have to use 20 gallons and spend a bunch of money to go fishing.

Re: How much $ before you'd rethink a day trip? [Re: grout-scout] #14396028 06/16/22 09:49 PM
W
WAWI Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
W
Originally Posted by grout-scout

I have never been to Graham, but looking at the map, there are 3 lakes pretty dang close to you. Take your boat to the lake, drop your trolling motor and start fishing. You don’t have to use 20 gallons and spend a bunch of money to go fishing.

Graham, PK, HC all close. They are all good lakes

Re: How much $ before you'd rethink a day trip? [Re: over the hill @PK] #14396035 06/16/22 09:54 PM
Tiltman Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru

completely understand your post , I have came from nothing to living a good life after a lot of hard work and risk.

But if things get as bad as you fear I'll still find a way to take care of my own and my family. Even if it means being a bit uncivilized. There are plenty of those out there that brought this on us to provide what we need.

Re: How much $ before you'd rethink a day trip? [Re: Tiltman] #14396040 06/16/22 09:59 PM
W
WAWI Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
W
Originally Posted by Tiltman

completely understand your post , I have came from nothing to living a good life after a lot of hard work and risk.

But if things get as bad as you fear I'll still find a way to take care of my own and my family. Even if it means being a bit uncivilized. There are plenty of those out there that brought this on us to provide what we need.

I bet those tweets dont seem that offensive now......

Re: How much $ before you'd rethink a day trip? [Re: bockscar] #14396081 06/16/22 10:41 PM
O
ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50) Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
O
Rethinking a trip? Yes been there, and done that, already this year, My very first road trip with the bug I was headed out from here @ Cooper to practice for a tournament on Lake of the Pines. I stopped and put $50 in the truck and $50 in the boat thinking that would be plenty of fuel. It wasn't. I got to Mount Vernon and had already blown through a sizeable chunk of the fuel in the pickup and new it was going to take more fuel to get back.
My wife always ask me what she needs to budget for my trips and I stick to it to the letter since we still have a daughter in college. I had told her $100 and I stayed true to what I agreed to. I pulled over at Dukes on I-30 and called her to let her know there was a change of plans, I'd be going to Bob Sandlin because of the fuel situation. It wound up being a really good fishing trip.
My daughter finishes school in November and then it won't be such an issue for me to spend past the budget.
I calculated the numbers and my truck takes a 30% hit on fuel milage when the Skeeter is behind it.
The Skeeter bug does absolutely wonderful. I'll put $50 between both tanks and go two or three trips and never burn it all. I'll put $50 more in it as I said every two to three trips and when I started this both tanks were empty. They are both nearly 3/4 full now, I'll probably go a few months without adding any because I dont want to carry the weight and yes no ethanol fuel is what she gets with Berryman or Seafoam. Runs like a scaulded ape.

Last edited by ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50); 06/16/22 10:47 PM.

2012 ZX200 Skeeter
2012 Yamaha 200 SHO

Isaiah 40:31 "but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles, they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
Proud student of the Pro Staffer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzwF72B2F2w&t=14s
Re: How much $ before you'd rethink a day trip? [Re: bockscar] #14396140 06/16/22 11:57 PM
hopalong Offline
Pescador Loco
Pescador Loco
my trips to fork stopped abruptly about 2 months ago, have been twice without spending the night but the trailer space is paid up till jan. 1

FJB!

" Hop, set the hook"!
hopalong 99,999
TexDawg 99,999
FJB! not my president by a long shot!

lake fork FISHERMANS COVE MARINA/reservations - 903 474 7479
Re: How much $ before you'd rethink a day trip? [Re: WAWI] #14396153 06/17/22 12:20 AM
B
Bayou Burner Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by WAWI
To offset costs I will be keeping and eating bass until prices go down, if I'm gonna spend 150 on gas I may as well get a meal outa the deal.

All the cullers in my last(insert tourney trail here) were cooked up before the weigh in bolt nuts

"Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway."

John Wayne

ADHAERO VIRTUTI
Re: How much $ before you'd rethink a day trip? [Re: bockscar] #14396188 06/17/22 12:56 AM
E
ezbassin Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
E
It is costing all of us more to enjoy the things we like to do because of the TOTAL IDIOTS IN CHARGE THESE DAYS. I am not going to let the STUPID DEMOCRAPS ruin what I like to do. They don't care about America so I will just have to pay the price to enjoy the things I like to do. They don't care how much anything costs because they don't pay for fuel and they have a continual source of corrupt money coming in from China and other countries so they don't care how much anything costs. They all need to be run out of office so America can get back on track. Joe keeps blaming Putin on the gas prices but HE shut down the pipeline here in America and put people out of work in his first week in office. HE IS TO BLAME FOR THE HIGH GAS PRICES,,,,NO ONE ELSE.
JOE BIDEN is the most corrupt president in American history. His whole family is corrupt. He sold out America to china when he was Obummers water boy.

Last edited by ezbassin; 06/17/22 01:05 AM.
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide