Page 1 of 2 1 2
Stolen Fish on Jugs or Trot Lines? #14380409 05/30/22 02:55 AM
P
powerliftingtexas Offline OP
Green Horn
OP Offline
Green Horn
P
I'm planning to do some camping and fishing on the Colorado River and will probably run some jug lines. I'm curious to know how many of you have fished this river and had someone mess with your legally tagged lines?

I ran across this thread where the original poster almost sounded if he wanted to steal peoples lines or fish on their lines? I'm curious to know is this a problem or something I should watch for when on the CO river? I've even considered taking my collection of game cameras.

After reading on this thread, I'm convinced it might be a wise idea. >>> https://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/2321642/5

I almost chuckled when the original poster said, "Would you really risk 25 to life for putting some holes in my boat." yes

The entire reason I'm getting into fishing is because it makes me feel free. Being on the water, enjoying my freedom, smelling the fresh nature. It's the whole reason I'm getting into fishing. I just got released from doing an 11-piece, spent 7 on Beto, 4 on Ferguson G4 custody. The whole reason I went down, was for shooting someone in the back while they were attempting to steal.

I want to fish, camp, and be able to enjoy my freedom. But not at the cost of me going back to prison. But if this is the kind of people that are out on the Colorado River, I'd like to know in advance that way I can be prepared.

I can't imagine what I'd do if I caught someone trying to run my legal tagged lines. I don't think I'd call the Game Warden. And I don't think they would out-run my twin-engine jet boat. Or I could handle it legally and bring some game cams and get boat numbers and face shots and prosecute.

Am I being overly paranoid after reading this thread or is this something I should really be worried about?

Last edited by powerliftingtexas; 05/30/22 03:03 AM.
Re: Stolen Fish on Jugs or Trot Lines? [Re: powerliftingtexas] #14380431 05/30/22 03:49 AM
J
Jiggy wid it Online Content
Angler
Online Content
Angler
J
I don’t think you will run into any trouble. Just go and enjoy yourself and don’t worry about the idiots. Have fun!

Re: Stolen Fish on Jugs or Trot Lines? [Re: Jiggy wid it] #14380470 05/30/22 10:57 AM
P
Green Horn
OP Offline
Green Horn
P
Hopefully! That's the whole point of fishing I thought. I was kind of bummed out when I read that post and started reading about people cutting peoples lines and stealing fish. Seems just as bad as cattle theft to me. I'll probably be staying near by my jugs anyway, but I don't think bringing the game cameras would be a good idea. The only problem is the light or flash at night would give away the cameras.

Re: Stolen Fish on Jugs or Trot Lines? [Re: Jiggy wid it] #14380525 05/30/22 01:03 PM
banker-always fishing Online Content
Pumpkin Head
Online Content
Pumpkin Head
Originally Posted by Jiggy wid it
I don’t think you will run into any trouble. Just go and enjoy yourself and don’t worry about the idiots. Have fun!

Plus #1. I will also add. common sense and good judgement. thumb

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

IGFA World Record Rio Grande Cichlid. Lake Dunlap.

John 3:16

Sinner's Prayer. God forgive me a sinner. I accept Jesus Christ as my Savior !
Re: Stolen Fish on Jugs or Trot Lines? [Re: powerliftingtexas] #14380531 05/30/22 01:17 PM
Jimbo Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Set your lines and enjoy yourself!
No fish is worth going to jail, or worse!

Just one more cast!

Re: Stolen Fish on Jugs or Trot Lines? [Re: powerliftingtexas] #14380532 05/30/22 01:18 PM
R
redace1 Offline
Angler
Angler
R
At the end of the day they are just fish. Not worth all the extra concern you are experiencing.
Have fun and enjoy the time spent on the river. Doubt anyone messes with the lines.

Momma always said......
Re: Stolen Fish on Jugs or Trot Lines? [Re: powerliftingtexas] #14381765 05/31/22 10:06 PM
S
S5Locks.com Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
S
I doubt anyone would mess with your lines. If they did however, and you caught them, take pics with your phone and call the game warden. Either way they're just fish and not worth you getting in trouble. My Pastor once said, "Decide how you're going to react now." Basically how would you react if you caught someone stealing your fish. Hopefully you'd take pics and call the game warden. If you would do anything else, and it's that big a thing, then don't put any jug lines out. Now that you're out I'd encourage you to think about how you handle situations. For instance, I don't lie. I will tell the truth or just flat out not answer. But I won't lie. Think about the scenarios in your life that might be flash points and decide NOW how you're going to handle them. Then stick to it. I wish you the best.

Bill Smith
Owner/S5 Coupler Locks
S5Locks.com
"Lock it and Leave it!"
Re: Stolen Fish on Jugs or Trot Lines? [Re: S5Locks.com] #14381943 06/01/22 01:24 AM
P
Green Horn
OP Offline
Green Horn
P
Originally Posted by S5Locks.com
I doubt anyone would mess with your lines. If they did however, and you caught them, take pics with your phone and call the game warden. Either way they're just fish and not worth you getting in trouble. My Pastor once said, "Decide how you're going to react now." Basically how would you react if you caught someone stealing your fish. Hopefully you'd take pics and call the game warden. If you would do anything else, and it's that big a thing, then don't put any jug lines out. Now that you're out I'd encourage you to think about how you handle situations. For instance, I don't lie. I will tell the truth or just flat out not answer. But I won't lie. Think about the scenarios in your life that might be flash points and decide NOW how you're going to handle them. Then stick to it. I wish you the best.

I appreciate all the responses above. I think everyone here is right, I need to relax and just enjoy the moment and fish. As far as deciding how I'd react, that's tough. This family eats a lot of fish and again, I closely relate stealing fish to stealing ones cattle. It's taking food off of my families table and I'm pretty sure my minds made up, that stealing from my daughter, or food from my family is one of the things I'd be willing to go back for. I'll enjoy the moment and just enjoy my fishing. But if I catch someone on my line, just know, I'm chasing you down, not too many boats will out-run my twin engine boat. And were fighting with fist and someone's going to wash their blood off in the water.

But like mentioned above, let's just pray and count on that I can enjoy my fishing trip in peace. I just read an old thread and it got me concerned I think. Happy fishing to all of you. Your all good friends and I'm hear to learn from you and be friends as long as your not on my line!

Last edited by powerliftingtexas; 06/01/22 01:24 AM.
Re: Stolen Fish on Jugs or Trot Lines? [Re: powerliftingtexas] #14382128 06/01/22 12:20 PM
harvey walker Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
For peace of mine call TP&W and get the number of the area local game warren.

Re: Stolen Fish on Jugs or Trot Lines? [Re: powerliftingtexas] #14382139 06/01/22 12:41 PM
Jimbo Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by powerliftingtexas
Originally Posted by S5Locks.com

I appreciate all the responses above. I think everyone here is right, I need to relax and just enjoy the moment and fish. As far as deciding how I'd react, that's tough. This family eats a lot of fish and again, I closely relate stealing fish to stealing ones cattle. It's taking food off of my families table and I'm pretty sure my minds made up, that stealing from my daughter, or food from my family is one of the things I'd be willing to go back for. I'll enjoy the moment and just enjoy my fishing. But if I catch someone on my line, just know, I'm chasing you down, not too many boats will out-run my twin engine boat. And were fighting with fist and someone's going to wash their blood off in the water.

But like mentioned above, let's just pray and count on that I can enjoy my fishing trip in peace. I just read an old thread and it got me concerned I think. Happy fishing to all of you. Your all good friends and I'm hear to learn from you and be friends as long as your not on my line!

There have been times when I heard stories, or it's happened to me (theft) and my thought would be, "one of these days he is going to steal from the wrong guy!" and that would be when "karma" kicks in, and it eventually will.
I'm too old and crippled now to be the "wrong guy" and I know where you are coming from but, just like that dog that chases cars.
What usually happens when he finally catches one?
Just something to ponder.

Just one more cast!

Re: Stolen Fish on Jugs or Trot Lines? [Re: powerliftingtexas] #14382192 06/01/22 01:52 PM
9094 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Are you doing this because you can’t afford to feed your family?
Is it what you do for a living?
If the answers to the above are no then don’t worry about what some other arse does.
Put some more bait on your line and catch another fish.

Re: Stolen Fish on Jugs or Trot Lines? [Re: powerliftingtexas] #14393205 06/14/22 01:43 AM
Y
Yankee_Bass Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
Y
Really? You would resort to violence over fish? Even stolen fish? Risk vs. reward, man. You got to do the analysis.

Re: Stolen Fish on Jugs or Trot Lines? [Re: powerliftingtexas] #14393498 06/14/22 01:58 PM
L
LordoftheMorning Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
L
Jail must not be that bad if you are willing to go back over a stupid catfish

Re: Stolen Fish on Jugs or Trot Lines? [Re: powerliftingtexas] #14393843 06/14/22 05:38 PM
butch sanders Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
nothing will happen

Re: Stolen Fish on Jugs or Trot Lines? [Re: powerliftingtexas] #14394087 06/14/22 09:43 PM
G
grout-scout Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
G
Best I can figure, this guy was trolling. Who the frick cares enough about a catfish to go to prison, nobody can be that dense.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide