Forums59
Topics1,037,882
Posts13,935,992
Members144,150
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Letโ€™s kickoff summer with lawn pics [Re: Bob Davis] #14392299 06/13/22 01:25 PM
Derek ๐Ÿ Online Shocked
Queen of Bees
Online Shocked
Queen of Bees
Originally Posted by Bob Davis
All the pics look good to me. We have Heinz57 yards. The front yard is mostly Zoysia that Jman and crew put down 4 years ago. To my right and left the neighbors have St. Augustine so that has taken over the right side of my house. Interestingly, it does not appear that the St. Augustine is infiltrating into the Zoysia on the left side.

Front:

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

In the back yard was mostly St. Augustine. Recently we had some landscapers install some El Toro Zoysia. It is coming along pretty good. We didn't do the whole yard just some spots where the St. Augustine was thin. Still a pallet and a half was $2900 installed.

Back:
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Very nice Bob! cheers

Ebolacane Researcher
CovidNado Chaser
McRib Pro Staff
Team Beans
Re: Letโ€™s kickoff summer with lawn pics [Re: Derek ๐Ÿ] #14392378 06/13/22 02:59 PM
B
Bob Davis Online Content
Bunkeroid Bob
Online Content
Bunkeroid Bob
B
Originally Posted by Derek ๐Ÿ

Very nice Bob! cheers

Thanks Derek. Do you subscribe to the theory that St. Augustine will not invade Zoysia? The two fellas that installed the Zoysia sod in the back yard said that St. Augustine will not run into El Toro Zoysia. It would be great if they were correct, but they may have been just giving me salesman speak.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
Re: Letโ€™s kickoff summer with lawn pics [Re: Bob Davis] #14392585 06/13/22 05:14 PM
Queen of Bees
Online Shocked
Queen of Bees

Very nice Bob! cheers

Thanks Derek. Do you subscribe to the theory that St. Augustine will not invade Zoysia? The two fellas that installed the Zoysia sod in the back yard said that St. Augustine will not run into El Toro Zoysia. It would be great if they were correct, but they may have been just giving me salesman speak.

Not in a general term with all of them, but yes I could see that with Toro. Toro is probably the fasting most aggressive growing zoysia and wouldn't be surprised if started to go more into your neighbors than the St. Aug going into yours. Depending on mowing height growing conditions. Toro can be considered invasive. I'm surprised you're not seeing it in your flowerbeds unless you have a good barrier.

Ebolacane Researcher
CovidNado Chaser
McRib Pro Staff
Team Beans
Re: Letโ€™s kickoff summer with lawn pics [Re: Derek ๐Ÿ] #14392952 06/13/22 09:44 PM
B
Bob Davis Online Content
Bunkeroid Bob
Online Content
Bunkeroid Bob
B

Very nice Bob! cheers

Not in a general term with all of them, but yes I could see that with Toro. Toro is probably the fasting most aggressive growing zoysia and wouldn't be surprised if started to go more into your neighbors than the St. Aug going into yours. Depending on mowing height growing conditions. Toro can be considered invasive. I'm surprised you're not seeing it in your flowerbeds unless you have a good barrier.

Well that is good news to me, that Toro spreads. That would be wonderful in the back yard. It is only about 3 weeks old, so we shall see.
The Zoysia in the front is a different variety. I think it may be Empire. It still looks great going on almost 4 years. It maintains its color and thickness under the shade of the live oak in the front yard. But, we do keep the live oak thinned with a high canopy so it does get some western sun in the evening.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
Re: Letโ€™s kickoff summer with lawn pics [Re: Bob Davis] #14393460 06/14/22 01:26 PM
Queen of Bees
Online Shocked
Queen of Bees
Well that is good news to me, that Toro spreads. That would be wonderful in the back yard. It is only about 3 weeks old, so we shall see.
The Zoysia in the front is a different variety. I think it may be Empire. It still looks great going on almost 4 years. It maintains its color and thickness under the shade of the live oak in the front yard. But, we do keep the live oak thinned with a high canopy so it does get some western sun in the evening.

That's two nice cultivars you have. I think you'll see a difference in the two. Buddy of mine has Emerald and keeps it cut at 0.45 and it looks awesome. If you're not bagging and returning the clippings I doubt you'll even need to fertilize the Toro. If so it will be a small amount. I think you'll see that you'll need to mow the Toro more often. The lower you can keep both mowed the better. You got it looking good.

Ebolacane Researcher
CovidNado Chaser
McRib Pro Staff
Team Beans
Re: Letโ€™s kickoff summer with lawn pics [Re: Derek ๐Ÿ] #14393984 06/14/22 07:44 PM
B
Bob Davis Online Content
Bunkeroid Bob
Online Content
Bunkeroid Bob
B

That's two nice cultivars you have. I think you'll see a difference in the two. Buddy of mine has Emerald and keeps it cut at 0.45 and it looks awesome. If you're not bagging and returning the clippings I doubt you'll even need to fertilize the Toro. If so it will be a small amount. I think you'll see that you'll need to mow the Toro more often. The lower you can keep both mowed the better. You got it looking good.

thumb cheers

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
Re: Letโ€™s kickoff summer with lawn pics [Re: junbengreat] #14396666 06/17/22 04:08 PM
Hard Rain Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
My yard is not as nice as some on here mainly because just a small garden home lot but thanks to Derek and his advice it is heaps better than last year. After the freeze last year only about 50% of the yard was good. It is still not quite 100% but pretty close. Last year right in the middle where a Bradford Pear was removed years back the grass died and simply would not cover. I tried plugs they died. I followed Derekโ€™s advice for treatments and it is looking pretty good. You can still barely see the bad spot but it is filling in and nearly gone.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Letโ€™s kickoff summer with lawn pics [Re: Hard Rain] #14396668 06/17/22 04:10 PM
Queen of Bees
Online Shocked
Queen of Bees
Originally Posted by Hard Rain
My yard is not as nice as some on here mainly because just a small garden home lot but thanks to Derek and his advice it is heaps better than last year. After the freeze last year only about 50% of the yard was good. It is still not quite 100% but pretty close. Last year right in the middle where a Bradford Pear was removed years back the grass died and simply would not cover. I tried plugs they died. I followed Derekโ€™s advice for treatments and it is looking pretty good. You can still barely see the bad spot but it is filling in and nearly gone.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

That is looking great!

Ebolacane Researcher
CovidNado Chaser
McRib Pro Staff
Team Beans
Re: Letโ€™s kickoff summer with lawn pics [Re: Derek ๐Ÿ] #14396829 06/17/22 07:08 PM
B
Bob Davis Online Content
Bunkeroid Bob
Online Content
Bunkeroid Bob
B

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

That is looking great!

I agree, looks really nice! thumb

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
Re: Letโ€™s kickoff summer with lawn pics [Re: Bob Davis] #14397373 06/18/22 02:40 PM
Hard Rain Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
Thanks Bob your yard looks awesome!

cheers

Re: Letโ€™s kickoff summer with lawn pics [Re: Hard Rain] #14397899 06/19/22 10:21 AM
T
TPACK Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
T

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: Letโ€™s kickoff summer with lawn pics [Re: junbengreat] #14410965 07/03/22 01:01 PM
B
bloo_rainger Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
B
Iโ€™m not unhappy with my yard.

[Linked Image]

Re: Letโ€™s kickoff summer with lawn pics [Re: junbengreat] #14412949 07/06/22 01:50 AM
Queen of Bees
Online Shocked
Queen of Bees
We are starting to rock now. Love the heat. Camera picks up the imperfections which I like and know what to work on. The lighter spots are common bermuda mixed in my 419 bermuda. Just going to live with it for now.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Ebolacane Researcher
CovidNado Chaser
McRib Pro Staff
Team Beans
Re: Letโ€™s kickoff summer with lawn pics [Re: bloo_rainger] #14412952 07/06/22 01:55 AM
Queen of Bees
Online Shocked
Queen of Bees
Originally Posted by bloo_rainger
Iโ€™m not unhappy with my yard.

[Linked Image]

That looks awesome.

Ebolacane Researcher
CovidNado Chaser
McRib Pro Staff
Team Beans
Re: Letโ€™s kickoff summer with lawn pics [Re: junbengreat] #14413217 07/06/22 02:31 PM
L
lconn4 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
L
[Linked Image]

An inch of rain over the weekend sure helped

A good rule of angling philosophy is not to interfere with another fisherman's ways of being happy, unless you want to be hated.
Zane Grey, Tales of Fishes, 1919

https://vimeo.com/73372194
https://vimeo.com/72859045

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide