Diesel Engines - Oil PSA #14388140 06/08/22 01:43 PM
H
Holzer Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
H
Disclaimer: This is from Tik Tok

Watched a video last night and a guy was talking about how there are only 2 companies in the US that make the additive used in oils for diesel engines and those 2 companies are not making the additive.
He also mentioned that Rotella was not producing oil for diesel engines right now.

In short, he was saying that the industry is predicting that the US will go a full year without any diesel engine oil available once current supply runs out.

I did an oil change recently and there was only one auto parts store in town that had the Rotella 15w-40. Walmart didn't even have any oil for diesel engines. I just thought of the usual delays in shipping.
With the way this turd in the White House is running things, I think I'm going to act on this video I watched and buy up some oil IF I can find it.

Have you heard anything about this?

Holzer
My pic is gone frown
Re: Diesel Engines - Oil PSA [Re: Holzer] #14388282 06/08/22 03:26 PM
G
grout-scout Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G
Heard similar things and there’s also a DEF shortage.

Re: Diesel Engines - Oil PSA [Re: Holzer] #14388460 06/08/22 06:11 PM
H
Holzer Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
H
Just bought 15 gallons of T4 at $23.39/ea. Hopefully with some additive it will stretch a little longer.
Guy at the store said that DEF hasn't been in and he doesn't know when it will be and the orders of oil are starting to become limited.

Holzer
My pic is gone frown
Re: Diesel Engines - Oil PSA [Re: Holzer] #14388656 06/08/22 10:09 PM
D
deerfeeder Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
D
Just went through that on my wife's truck last week. Ford dealer in Del Rio had to send a guy to Eagle Pass to pickup the oil because NO ONE in Del Rio had. Tractor Supply and Walmart are usually good for DEF.

Non Sibi Sed Patriae -- "Not for self, but for country."

Re: Diesel Engines - Oil PSA [Re: Holzer] #14388744 06/08/22 11:48 PM
hopalong Offline
Pescador Loco
Pescador Loco
wal mart online shows to have the rotella, that is all we ran in the semis I drove.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Shell-Ro...9zlqjsHN9RoCRwEQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Re: Diesel Engines - Oil PSA [Re: Holzer] #14388745 06/08/22 11:49 PM
hopalong Offline
Pescador Loco
Pescador Loco
tractor supply shows 5 gal. buckets of the rotella too.

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/p...4AoXr_WHZ57ctHgPD9JfDIih2NhoCd7wQAvD_BwE

Re: Diesel Engines - Oil PSA [Re: Holzer] #14389019 06/09/22 12:18 PM
P
patriot07 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
P
I bought oil at wal mart a few weeks ago and did my duramax oil change. I run Mobil Delvac since that's what Chevy uses from the factory. They also had Rotella on the shelf.

I am having trouble finding 5W-40 Rotella. I've heard that's the best stuff for the Briggs Vanguard EFI mower engines.

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.
- Soren Kierkegaard
Re: Diesel Engines - Oil PSA [Re: Holzer] #14389995 06/10/22 03:40 PM
R
redace1 Offline
Angler
Angler
R
Well hell.
This is one item I never considered...
Seems like a valid warning...

Momma always said......
Re: Diesel Engines - Oil PSA [Re: hopalong] #14390200 06/10/22 06:50 PM
H
Holzer Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
H
Originally Posted by hopalong

This is supposed to be a reply for the post with the Walmart link:

I've done a few things since I've posted this but I don't recall if I looked/considered buying online. I know that I hit up several stores and none of them had Rotella 15w-40 on the shelves.

I'll have to go check Walmart and see if have some in store. Because if they do, their price is $11 cheaper a gallon than what I paid crazy

Last edited by Holzer; 06/10/22 06:52 PM.

Holzer
My pic is gone frown
Re: Diesel Engines - Oil PSA [Re: hopalong] #14390202 06/10/22 06:51 PM
H
Holzer Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
H
Originally Posted by hopalong

Shows it online but you can't buy it because none in stock

Holzer
My pic is gone frown
Re: Diesel Engines - Oil PSA [Re: Holzer] #14404199 06/25/22 11:43 AM
B
bigfishwilb Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Get my oil Changed at jiffy lube here locally. They have for rotella. B

Patrick Wilbricht
San Antonio TX
Ardent Outdoors Prostaff
Owner, PFK Limitless Fishing

Re: Diesel Engines - Oil PSA [Re: Holzer] #14424756 07/19/22 11:12 PM
B
Bullet[BS] Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
B
This what I got from a Vendor on the DEF issue.

Good morning, Robert ,

From our Geoff Bohlender- Director of DEF & S-CORE Solutions: Over the past week I have had conversations with several you regarding rumors in the market about DEF Supply and concerns regarding a shortage or even runouts in North America like what Korea experienced last year. Whether we are talking about the Facebook post, the RV Summer Travel article or one on the Sinopec website they all seem logical and sharing seemingly legit information, they are all grossly overblown. Normally, I would ignore these types of posts, but unfortunately, they seem to have gone viral, and are stirring up a lot of concern in people.

We have had several customers asking you to respond to these types of posts and DEF supply. As I mentioned, these posts seem creditable as much of it references players in the market like, Union Pacific and Pilot Flying J, and the railroad cutting 50% of the rail volume to Pilot Flying J and Pilots very public response to this. 

The post states several misleading and incorrect facts to support a conspiracy of dismantling the US. The post states that Pilot will not be able to get DEF because the UP railroad is cutting their supply by 50% or more, which will lead to a stoppage in trucking and Pilot to go out of business. I reached out to people I know who run the Pilot DEF business as well as other leaders in the market, and they have assured me as well as many of their other customers that: 
• Union Pacific is committed to shipping DEF for Pilot/Flying J 
o As a point of reference, back in April Union Pacific went to every large customer, including large shippers like CF, KOCH, Nutrien, etc. asking for them to reduce shipments by 10-20% to help them reduce the glut of freight while they were struggling to support the freight from the ports affecting the supply shortages of all products that the US was facing earlier in the year. 
§ This forced the UREA producers (CF, KOCH, N7, Nutrien and others) to shift a lot of their rail cars to 50% vs. a mix of either 50% or 32.5% 

The posts also incorrectly claim that the US imports most of their DEF supply from Russia, China, and the Middle East. 
• The fact is that North American DEF supply is 90% supported by multiple domestic urea suppliers who have ample capacity to supply the North American market with most of the urea imports coming from YARA, a Norwegian company and one of the largest fertilizer/urea producers globally. 
• The national DEF infrastructure that we (domestic producers, marketers, truck-stops, and distributors) have built over the past 12 years has proven it can support the trucking industry with DEF. 
• There is no arguing the fact that globally Russia and China are players in urea/fertilizer supply, which is why costs have remained historically high, but the supply locally is currently safe. 

While Supply is safe, does that mean that it is plentiful? Not exactly, there will still be times when supply could become tight (i.e. scheduled plant shut downs) but again we don’t see these temporary issues creating the doomsday scenarios outlined in some of these articles found on the web and Facebook.

When in doubt SET THE HOOK!
Re: Diesel Engines - Oil PSA [Re: Bullet[BS]] #14425748 07/20/22 10:48 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by Bullet[BS
]This what I got from a Vendor on the DEF issue.

Good morning, Robert ,

From our Geoff Bohlender- Director of DEF & S-CORE Solutions: Over the past week I have had conversations with several you regarding rumors in the market about DEF Supply and concerns regarding a shortage or even runouts in North America like what Korea experienced last year. Whether we are talking about the Facebook post, the RV Summer Travel article or one on the Sinopec website they all seem logical and sharing seemingly legit information, they are all grossly overblown. Normally, I would ignore these types of posts, but unfortunately, they seem to have gone viral, and are stirring up a lot of concern in people.

We have had several customers asking you to respond to these types of posts and DEF supply. As I mentioned, these posts seem creditable as much of it references players in the market like, Union Pacific and Pilot Flying J, and the railroad cutting 50% of the rail volume to Pilot Flying J and Pilots very public response to this. 

The post states several misleading and incorrect facts to support a conspiracy of dismantling the US. The post states that Pilot will not be able to get DEF because the UP railroad is cutting their supply by 50% or more, which will lead to a stoppage in trucking and Pilot to go out of business. I reached out to people I know who run the Pilot DEF business as well as other leaders in the market, and they have assured me as well as many of their other customers that: 
• Union Pacific is committed to shipping DEF for Pilot/Flying J 
o As a point of reference, back in April Union Pacific went to every large customer, including large shippers like CF, KOCH, Nutrien, etc. asking for them to reduce shipments by 10-20% to help them reduce the glut of freight while they were struggling to support the freight from the ports affecting the supply shortages of all products that the US was facing earlier in the year. 
§ This forced the UREA producers (CF, KOCH, N7, Nutrien and others) to shift a lot of their rail cars to 50% vs. a mix of either 50% or 32.5% 

The posts also incorrectly claim that the US imports most of their DEF supply from Russia, China, and the Middle East. 
• The fact is that North American DEF supply is 90% supported by multiple domestic urea suppliers who have ample capacity to supply the North American market with most of the urea imports coming from YARA, a Norwegian company and one of the largest fertilizer/urea producers globally. 
• The national DEF infrastructure that we (domestic producers, marketers, truck-stops, and distributors) have built over the past 12 years has proven it can support the trucking industry with DEF. 
• There is no arguing the fact that globally Russia and China are players in urea/fertilizer supply, which is why costs have remained historically high, but the supply locally is currently safe. 

While Supply is safe, does that mean that it is plentiful? Not exactly, there will still be times when supply could become tight (i.e. scheduled plant shut downs) but again we don’t see these temporary issues creating the doomsday scenarios outlined in some of these articles found on the web and Facebook.

So, basically, there IS a shortage.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Diesel Engines - Oil PSA [Re: Holzer] #14427486 07/22/22 06:22 PM
Tiltman Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
We have not ran out of either here but all I do is hunt inventory most days.

Re: Diesel Engines - Oil PSA [Re: Holzer] #14578506 12/29/22 01:16 AM
T
toofy Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
T
Any update on this? Is this still an issue?

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide