texasfishingforum.com logo
Main Menu
Advertisement
Affiliates
Advertisement
Newest Members
dh12, Roboworm, BeardedDragon, drew82, GoFishin
117283 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
TexDawg 109,256
hopalong 106,456
Bigbob_FTW 82,225
Pilothawk 82,083
John175☮ 81,869
Derek 🐝 67,703
JDavis7873 67,408
Mark Perry 66,037
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics1,140,660
Posts15,543,531
Members142,283
Most Online36,273
Jan 23rd, 2013
Print Thread
Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12
Re: Electric cars [Re: hopalong] #14387802 06/07/22 11:48 PM
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 26,711
Allison1 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 26,711
Originally Posted by hopalong
Originally Posted by Allison1
Originally Posted by hopalong
psssssst! we were using almost 20 million barrels a day in 2020, our consumption has gone up since the faux pandemic was declared over, so that means the pedo is using our emergency supply to add 1/20th of our daily usage while we have a grand total of 11.6m bpd (using your own numbers).

meanwhile the pedo has shut down drilling and quit issuing permits for the majority of leases oil cos. are willing to invest in.

when you control the permitting, leasing, taxing, production regulations, etc. you control the cost of oil, basic economy 100, not even econ 101.

guess who controls all of that, 3 tries since you flounder so much


Petroleum products are refined product coming from crude. Gas, kerosine, diesel and all the rest of the stuff that comes out of a barrel of oil.
You get more product out after its refined.

This is Petroleum products and it shows we were net exporters in 2020 and 2021.
https://www.eia.gov/energyexplained/oil-and-petroleum-products/imports-and-exports.php



In Feb 2020 we peaked production of crude oil at 13.1m bpd. Today we are producing 11.9m bpd on the last recording.
11.9m plus 1 million = 12.9m bpd day of crude. That is .2m bpd less than in February of 2020.

This is crude oil production.
https://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/hist/LeafHandler.ashx?n=PET&s=WCRFPUS2&f=W







AND WE USE 20 MILLION A DAY, learn math

https://www.eia.gov/energyexplained/oil-and-petroleum-products/imports-and-exports.php

Yes, of petroleum products.
Crude is different.


Re: Electric cars [Re: Allison1] #14387848 06/08/22 01:34 AM
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 10,173
P
Pat Goff Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
P
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 10,173
Originally Posted by Allison1
Originally Posted by hopalong
Originally Posted by Allison1
Originally Posted by hopalong
psssssst! we were using almost 20 million barrels a day in 2020, our consumption has gone up since the faux pandemic was declared over, so that means the pedo is using our emergency supply to add 1/20th of our daily usage while we have a grand total of 11.6m bpd (using your own numbers).

meanwhile the pedo has shut down drilling and quit issuing permits for the majority of leases oil cos. are willing to invest in.

when you control the permitting, leasing, taxing, production regulations, etc. you control the cost of oil, basic economy 100, not even econ 101.

guess who controls all of that, 3 tries since you flounder so much


Petroleum products are refined product coming from crude. Gas, kerosine, diesel and all the rest of the stuff that comes out of a barrel of oil.
You get more product out after its refined.

This is Petroleum products and it shows we were net exporters in 2020 and 2021.
https://www.eia.gov/energyexplained/oil-and-petroleum-products/imports-and-exports.php



In Feb 2020 we peaked production of crude oil at 13.1m bpd. Today we are producing 11.9m bpd on the last recording.
11.9m plus 1 million = 12.9m bpd day of crude. That is .2m bpd less than in February of 2020.

This is crude oil production.
https://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/hist/LeafHandler.ashx?n=PET&s=WCRFPUS2&f=W







AND WE USE 20 MILLION A DAY, learn math

https://www.eia.gov/energyexplained/oil-and-petroleum-products/imports-and-exports.php

Yes, of petroleum products.
Crude is different.


Since you recoil at anything someone who has personal knowledge of, and yet take internet news like a carp eating popcorn, let's try this differently.

You're trying to pencil whip an opinion that goes much deeper than just first line numbers"
https://nypost.com/2022/03/09/why-biden-energy-policies-have-contributed-to-surging-oil-prices/

Crude production is but one number to take into account the consumers price for fuel. The fact we've lost 5% of our refining capacity, and the fact that no new permits are approved to increase production is a black and white supply and demand economics lesson.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politic...le-fossil-fuel-policies-pain-at-the-pump


Pat Goff
Seadrift TX
[Linked Image]
Re: Electric cars [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #14387893 06/08/22 02:41 AM
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 14,040
S
steveiam Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
S
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 14,040
Do carp really like popcorn ?

Re: Electric cars [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #14387895 06/08/22 02:46 AM
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 56,163
B
Bob Davis Offline
Bunkeroid Bob
Offline
Bunkeroid Bob
B
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 56,163
[Linked Image]


[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]



Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
Re: Electric cars [Re: J.P. Greeson] #14387900 06/08/22 02:50 AM
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 43,206
Mudshark Offline
TFF Guru
Offline
TFF Guru
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 43,206
Originally Posted by J.P. Greeson
We let a lot of things slide in the Bunker, but you guys are bringing it to the open forum too much these days. Let's get the insults of other members under control.


I’d like to be allowed in the bunker. I won’t even call people names there either. Please

Last edited by Mudshark; 06/08/22 02:51 AM. Reason: Don’t hate me forever bro. I’m on your side.

[Linked Image]


Re: Electric cars [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #14387995 06/08/22 04:40 AM
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 32,916
S
Scagnetti Offline
TFF Guru
Offline
TFF Guru
S
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 32,916
Originally Posted by Bigbob_FTW
Originally Posted by Rescue Fire
Gentlemen, lets just take a deep breath and relax a minute. As 2 of my favorite opinionated participants here in an otherwise boring OT, I don't want to see you guys feuding and come to blows and then end up on the WOS. I would have no reason to come back here and read.


We can agree to disagree. I respect scag, just don't agree. He's a good guy,


RF, you’re right, you’re always the voice of reason. You understand these things Consigliere when others don’t

I respect Bob, and he’s from Tulsa, a place that is close to me. And he posted this a long time ago and it’s LEON!



[Linked Image]

Re: Electric cars [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #14388007 06/08/22 08:48 AM
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 20,744
buda13 Offline
TFF Guru
Offline
TFF Guru
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 20,744
I’m going to the KW Tech center in Washington state next month for an electric truck conference. The government is incentivizing the bejesus out of companies to go electric. The cost will end up being less than a new diesel truck when it’s all said and done in an effort to force people to electric.


Lake Worth Wednesday Night Tournaments
100% Payback PLUS the below
$60 First out of the money
$40 second place Big Bass
Anglers Pro Tackle Bonus
Sucklebusters Smoking Hot Bag bonus for 2nd out of the money
https://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/14376727#Post14376727

Re: Electric cars [Re: Scagnetti] #14388019 06/08/22 10:27 AM
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 82,225
Bigbob_FTW Online Content OP
Big Sprocket Bob
OP Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 82,225
Originally Posted by Scagnetti
Originally Posted by Bigbob_FTW
Originally Posted by Rescue Fire
Gentlemen, lets just take a deep breath and relax a minute. As 2 of my favorite opinionated participants here in an otherwise boring OT, I don't want to see you guys feuding and come to blows and then end up on the WOS. I would have no reason to come back here and read.


We can agree to disagree. I respect scag, just don't agree. He's a good guy,


RF, you’re right, you’re always the voice of reason. You understand these things Consigliere when others don’t

I respect Bob, and he’s from Tulsa, a place that is close to me. And he posted this a long time ago and it’s LEON!



cheers Leon was the goat.


[Linked Image][Linked Image] FJB
Re: Electric cars [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #14388020 06/08/22 10:34 AM
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,463
J
jippedgenes Offline
Extreme Angler
Offline
Extreme Angler
J
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,463
Electric cars are not the answer.


Re: Electric cars [Re: buda13] #14388197 06/08/22 02:32 PM
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 106,456
hopalong Online Confused
Pescador Loco
Online Confused
Pescador Loco
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 106,456
Originally Posted by buda13
I’m going to the KW Tech center in Washington state next month for an electric truck conference. The government is incentivizing the bejesus out of companies to go electric. The cost will end up being less than a new diesel truck when it’s all said and done in an effort to force people to electric.



I can see road service now, I wonder if the tow trucks will also be electric?

high value load on the side of the road, mobile charger?

what a nightmare that is gonna be.


" Hop, set the hook"!
hopalong 99,999
TexDawg 99,999
FJB! not my president by a long shot!

lake fork FISHERMANS COVE MARINA/reservations - 903 474 7479
Re: Electric cars [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #14388203 06/08/22 02:36 PM
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 26,711
Allison1 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 26,711
I've always thought the OTR trucks could be adapted to electric easily and save money.
The truck manufacturers will chase it down.


Re: Electric cars [Re: Allison1] #14388210 06/08/22 02:44 PM
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 106,456
hopalong Online Confused
Pescador Loco
Online Confused
Pescador Loco
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 106,456
Originally Posted by Allison1
I've always thought the OTR trucks could be adapted to electric easily and save money.
The truck manufacturers will chase it down.




a diesel truck able to run the speed limit can run just over 700 miles legally in the 11 hr. drive time allowed, includes a mandatory 30 min. break.

most trucks on the road can legally be 80,000# and some over 100k with permits

now, how much will the batteries weigh in a semi, how far can one go before charge is needed, how much will battery replacement be etc.

either they will have to haul less to meet weight limits or our highways will be trashed if the 80k is raised to compensate for heavier tractors.

now think about all the semis that have to park on the on ramp due to a severe shortage of parking for their 10 hr. mandatory break, how long will an ac unit keep the driver cool, heater keep them warm?

I just don't see the feasibility of electric semis now or in the near future, not enough tech for the size/weight involved imo.


" Hop, set the hook"!
hopalong 99,999
TexDawg 99,999
FJB! not my president by a long shot!

lake fork FISHERMANS COVE MARINA/reservations - 903 474 7479
Re: Electric cars [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #14388217 06/08/22 02:49 PM
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 26,711
Allison1 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 26,711
I was thinking battery changes. A car does not have room with all the trunk and passenger space that people require.
A big truck has a lot of open room. A battery weighing 5 or 6 tons would not be a big deal if you had a lot of trucks that used the same battery.

Sort of like the little NIA NIO, only bigger vehicles with easier access. They could drive in and be ready to go in 15 minutes.


Last edited by Allison1; 06/08/22 02:54 PM.

Re: Electric cars [Re: Allison1] #14388224 06/08/22 02:58 PM
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 106,456
hopalong Online Confused
Pescador Loco
Online Confused
Pescador Loco
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 106,456
Originally Posted by Allison1
I was thinking battery changes. A car does not have room with all the trunk and passenger space that people require.
A big truck has a lot of open room. A battery weighing 5 or 6 tons would not be a big deal if you had a lot of trucks that used the same battery.

Sort of like the little NIA, only bigger vehicles with easier access. They could drive in and be ready to go in 15 minutes.



you're kidding, right?

tractors now weigh in around 13,000# a cummins isx engine is about 2,000 of that, talking about an over the road with sleeper type.

so lets say you go with 11,000# of batteries, you have now added about 9000# more to the tractor, that has to come off the freight or the weight limit has to be raised so they can run legal.

next, just where is a co. with 2,500 trucks going to store all those extra batteries for trucks that get serviced at terminals, how will they keep them charged while storing, how much investment has to be made to be able to do the swap (which is unrealistic in real world applications).

lets not even go into the details, those above are generalities, semis and drivers both are under federal as well as state regulations, like I said, I just don't see this being feasible with the tech we have now.


" Hop, set the hook"!
hopalong 99,999
TexDawg 99,999
FJB! not my president by a long shot!

lake fork FISHERMANS COVE MARINA/reservations - 903 474 7479
Re: Electric cars [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #14388229 06/08/22 03:00 PM
Joined: Apr 2021
Posts: 991
N
n2ratfishin Offline
Pro Angler
Offline
Pro Angler
N
Joined: Apr 2021
Posts: 991
I invested in NIO last year. So it looks like I got in at the wrong time because the folks in China must not be flocking to their stations.

Toyota has a good idea in the Marai out in California. But, from everything I read the 5 min hydrogen refuel and 400-mile range isn't worth a [censored] if stations are limited and half of those are broken or out of fuel.

Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.3