Forums59
Topics1,037,865
Posts13,935,768
Members144,150
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Looks like Phil made his $40 Mil back and then some! [Re: 1oldbassguy] #14387284 06/07/22 02:14 PM
R
Razorback Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
R

Originally Posted by 1oldbassguy
Originally Posted by Rescue Fire
Reportedly got $200 Million to go play in London for the LIV deal. Hope he wins!

he had to sign , he has a serious gambling problem --- he lost $40M last year just gambling ---- he's a talented golfer --but an idiot

His net worth before signing this deal was over $400 million. He was going to be fine either way.

Re: Looks like Phil made his $40 Mil back and then some! [Re: RedEar12] #14387356 06/07/22 03:49 PM
S
Sawhorse Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by RedEar12
I could care less where anyone plays and I am a avid watcher of the tour. My ONLY problem with the LIV tour is that its backed by the Saudi's.

*couldn’t

Last edited by Sawhorse; 06/07/22 03:50 PM.
Re: Looks like Phil made his $40 Mil back and then some! [Re: Rescue Fire] #14387365 06/07/22 03:59 PM
butch sanders Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
what TV network is showing them?
who are the major advertisers?

they better pump a lot of oil to pay for this

Re: Looks like Phil made his $40 Mil back and then some! [Re: Rescue Fire] #14387383 06/07/22 04:15 PM
Notaguide Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
at a 120 dollars a barrel or more i don’t think they need to pump more

Re: Looks like Phil made his $40 Mil back and then some! [Re: Razorback] #14387393 06/07/22 04:19 PM
Z
Zipster Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Z
Originally Posted by Razorback

Originally Posted by 1oldbassguy
Originally Posted by Rescue Fire
Reportedly got $200 Million to go play in London for the LIV deal. Hope he wins!

he had to sign , he has a serious gambling problem --- he lost $40M last year just gambling ---- he's a talented golfer --but an idiot

His net worth before signing this deal was over $400 million. He was going to be fine either way.

He owned a lot of waffle houses at one time. Not sure if he still does.

Re: Looks like Phil made his $40 Mil back and then some! [Re: Notaguide] #14387450 06/07/22 04:54 PM
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Notaguide

yeah
probably not

Re: Looks like Phil made his $40 Mil back and then some! [Re: Rescue Fire] #14387468 06/07/22 05:14 PM
R
Razorback Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
R
The idea that the PGA Tour has more money than Saudi Arabia is hilarious. Tiger is old and physically not able to compete anymore. I love Rory, but he is nowhere near the player he looked like he would be 8-10 years ago. Phil, one of the two most popular players in the world (along with Tiger) is playing in the Saudi league. So is DJ.

Who are the huge drawing cards who will motivate companies to pump enormous amounts of money into sponsoring tour events? Billy Horschel? Maybe Spieth, who has the personality of a turnip? Koepka? Morikawa? Schauffele, who was apparently considering going with the Saudi tour? The PGA Tour has been losing sponsors for years. That's why the Houston Open went away.

Speaking of the Houston Open, we went about five years in a row. The first time we were a little late and my wife asked me how we would know when we found Mickelson's group on the course. I told her don't worry, we'll know. It was the one where people were lined up ten deep along the ropes to see him tee off. Meanwhile Johnson Wagner and Brendon de Jonge played in front of galleries typically seen at Woodland Hills Golf Course in Nacogdoches.

Whoever at the PGA Tour thinks that banning players who fans will show up or tune in to see is a good idea from a marketing standpoint is an idiot. Let them play in London this week then let them play their 15-20 PGA Tour events. None of them are playing every week anyway.

Re: Looks like Phil made his $40 Mil back and then some! [Re: Sawhorse] #14387507 06/07/22 05:41 PM
J
Jon Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted by Sawhorse
I could care less where anyone plays and I am a avid watcher of the tour. My ONLY problem with the LIV tour is that its backed by the Saudi's.

*couldn’t

Maybe RedEar12 is one of those laid back ol boys who actually could care less but just chooses not to.

Re: Looks like Phil made his $40 Mil back and then some! [Re: Rescue Fire] #14387512 06/07/22 05:45 PM
H
HasBen Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
H
Maybe the Saudis will spread their new found love of sports to the NFL and NBA and make a bid to buy a team or two. $10, 20, 50 billion might get the Cowboys even. They seem to be able to come up with a price.

"Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness."-Mark Twain
Re: Looks like Phil made his $40 Mil back and then some! [Re: Notaguide] #14387513 06/07/22 05:48 PM
J
Jon Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted by Notaguide

I actually wish them and us both would pump the hell out of it to get the supply filled up way past demand again so the dang fuel prices would come back down like they usually do when that happens.

Re: Looks like Phil made his $40 Mil back and then some! [Re: Razorback] #14387525 06/07/22 05:59 PM
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
The idea that the PGA Tour has more money than Saudi Arabia is hilarious. Tiger is old and physically not able to compete anymore. I love Rory, but he is nowhere near the player he looked like he would be 8-10 years ago. Phil, one of the two most popular players in the world (along with Tiger) is playing in the Saudi league. So is DJ.

Who are the huge drawing cards who will motivate companies to pump enormous amounts of money into sponsoring tour events? Billy Horschel? Maybe Spieth, who has the personality of a turnip? Koepka? Morikawa? Schauffele, who was apparently considering going with the Saudi tour? The PGA Tour has been losing sponsors for years. That's why the Houston Open went away.

Speaking of the Houston Open, we went about five years in a row. The first time we were a little late and my wife asked me how we would know when we found Mickelson's group on the course. I told her don't worry, we'll know. It was the one where people were lined up ten deep along the ropes to see him tee off. Meanwhile Johnson Wagner and Brendon de Jonge played in front of galleries typically seen at Woodland Hills Golf Course in Nacogdoches.

Whoever at the PGA Tour thinks that banning players who fans will show up or tune in to see is a good idea from a marketing standpoint is an idiot. Let them play in London this week then let them play their 15-20 PGA Tour events. None of them are playing every week anyway.

Colonial had more sponsors than ever
this year

Re: Looks like Phil made his $40 Mil back and then some! [Re: Jon] #14387535 06/07/22 06:13 PM
S
Sawhorse Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by Jon
Originally Posted by Sawhorse

*couldn’t

Maybe RedEar12 is one of those laid back ol boys who actually could care less but just chooses not to.

Good point! Maybe I jumped in to uphold the standards around here a little prematurely.

Re: Looks like Phil made his $40 Mil back and then some! [Re: butch sanders] #14387539 06/07/22 06:17 PM
Derek 🐝 Online Shocked
Queen of Bees
Online Shocked
Queen of Bees
Originally Posted by butch sanders

this year

Can they use some of that new sponsorship to get a new greens keeper? Course looked in bad shape this year.

Ebolacane Researcher
CovidNado Chaser
McRib Pro Staff
Team Beans
Re: Looks like Phil made his $40 Mil back and then some! [Re: Derek 🐝] #14387580 06/07/22 07:05 PM
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Derek 🐝

this year

Can they use some of that new sponsorship to get a new greens keeper? Course looked in bad shape this year.

that is the direction of the grass growing
it is an ancient pattern
what i think you are referring to

i asked the same question
its the 1st time i had seen it

never heard anybody complain about it who was playing
i mean that in a good way

Last edited by butch sanders; 06/07/22 08:05 PM.
Re: Looks like Phil made his $40 Mil back and then some! [Re: butch sanders] #14387600 06/07/22 07:36 PM
S
Sawhorse Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by Derek 🐝

that is the direction of the grass growing
it is an ancient pattern
what i think you are referring to

Derek, and many other modern experts are really missing the boat…they never developed an appreciation for how our grass-growing forefathers did it. Neanderthals were lawn GOATS!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide