E
Emit R Detsaw Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
E
Originally Posted by leethefishking
Originally Posted by 8th1
Originally Posted by Tiltman
Has where he bought the guns been published?

Was it Walmart or Academy or a pawn shop , curious is all not sure it bares any direction

Just saw on TV it was at the Oasis
I was curious about that. Really cool store but this will definitely be the end of it. Don’t know how they could weather the storm fixing to come their way.

Why? He passed the background check, and was 18. Legal purchase. The store did nothing wrong.

May you be treated the way you treat other people, today and everyday!

Re: Uvalde Shooter - The Facts [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #14377556 05/26/22 02:10 PM
921 Phoenix Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Bigbob_FTW
Originally Posted by Jpurdue
I just looked at the detailed data on K-12 school shootings over the last 30 years. 85% of cases the shooters were under the age of 21. In 100% of cases, the guns were either swiped from friends/family or legally purchased. (Zero cases of these guns coming from the black market or being stolen from strangers). 100% of the weapons used were semiautomatic.

So on paper raising the purchase age to 21 and making parents criminally liable for unsecured guns would go a LONG way to stop K-12 school shootings.

So what parent gets prosecuted if they use a stolen gun from an unknown source? The ONLY one responsible is the shooter period. Quit blaming everyone else.

AMEN ACCOUNTABILITY FOR THE ONE WHO PULLED THE TRIGGER

Re: Uvalde Shooter - The Facts [Re: Emit R Detsaw] #14377896 05/26/22 07:17 PM
T
the skipper Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by Emit R Detsaw
Originally Posted by leethefishking
Originally Posted by 8th1
Originally Posted by Tiltman
Has where he bought the guns been published?

Was it Walmart or Academy or a pawn shop , curious is all not sure it bares any direction

Just saw on TV it was at the Oasis
I was curious about that. Really cool store but this will definitely be the end of it. Don’t know how they could weather the storm fixing to come their way.

Why? He passed the background check, and was 18. Legal purchase. The store did nothing wrong.

Why sue Remington because someone used their gun to shoot other people? Because we are evil people that are denying the truth.

Re: Uvalde Shooter - The Facts [Re: the skipper] #14377917 05/26/22 07:30 PM
E
Emit R Detsaw Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
E
Originally Posted by the skipper

Why sue Remington because someone used their gun to shoot other people? Because we are evil people that are denying the truth.

I believe you are referring to the Sandy Hook settlement? Don't remember all the details of that case, but I think it was about how Remington advertised the gun, not for manufacturing it, if I remember right.

Re: Uvalde Shooter - The Facts [Re: bigfishtx] #14377922 05/26/22 07:33 PM
M
Mckinneycrappiecatcher Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
M
Originally Posted by bigfishtx
Around 70M kids younger than 17 as of 2020.
https://www.childstats.gov/americaschildren/tables/pop1.asp

Around 6M kids younger than 17 taking psychiatric drugs
https://www.cchrint.org/psychiatric-drugs/people-taking-psychiatric-drugs/

~9% of todays kids are on psychiatric drugs? If these numbers are true, it sure explains a lot.

This is a good start down the road of solving a lot of the problems we're seeing today.

I’m not sure what your point is. That mental illness is common?

Re: Uvalde Shooter - The Facts [Re: Mckinneycrappiecatcher] #14377926 05/26/22 07:35 PM
E
Emit R Detsaw Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
E
Originally Posted by Mckinneycrappiecatcher

~9% of todays kids are on psychiatric drugs? If these numbers are true, it sure explains a lot.

This is a good start down the road of solving a lot of the problems we're seeing today.

Used to lock them up and drug them. Now we just drug them up and let them loose on society.

Re: Uvalde Shooter - The Facts [Re: 921 Phoenix] #14377927 05/26/22 07:37 PM
T
Ted Dyer Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by 921 Phoenix
I just looked at the detailed data on K-12 school shootings over the last 30 years. 85% of cases the shooters were under the age of 21. In 100% of cases, the guns were either swiped from friends/family or legally purchased. (Zero cases of these guns coming from the black market or being stolen from strangers). 100% of the weapons used were semiautomatic.

So on paper raising the purchase age to 21 and making parents criminally liable for unsecured guns would go a LONG way to stop K-12 school shootings.

So what parent gets prosecuted if they use a stolen gun from an unknown source? The ONLY one responsible is the shooter period. Quit blaming everyone else.

Same reason you can sue a bar or bartender AND the drunk person. You might not like it, but it has been effective at reducing drunk driving and changing the culture that acepted driving while intoxicated.

flagtexas
Courage - knowing something will hurt and still doing it.
Stupidity - knowing something will hurt and still doing it.

That’s why life is difficult
Re: Uvalde Shooter - The Facts [Re: Emit R Detsaw] #14377929 05/26/22 07:43 PM
M
Mckinneycrappiecatcher Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
M

Used to lock them up and drug them. Now we just drug them up and let them loose on society.

Are you saying if someone is diagnosed with mental illness they should be “locked up” just seems like a good way to deter people from getting help.

Re: Uvalde Shooter - The Facts [Re: Ted Dyer] #14377936 05/26/22 07:48 PM
921 Phoenix Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Ted Dyer

Same reason you can sue a bar or bartender AND the drunk person. You might not like it, but it has been effective at reducing drunk driving and changing the culture that acepted driving while intoxicated.

you can sue a bartender and bar for not stopping selling to a person to make them drunker. A mom or dad who bought a gun to go hunting or blinking that did not approve the person taking the gun and going to kill someone, is a big difference than a bartender making money by continuing to sale drinks to a drunk and they go kill someone with a car because they are drunk

Re: Uvalde Shooter - The Facts [Re: Mckinneycrappiecatcher] #14377940 05/26/22 07:51 PM
E
Emit R Detsaw Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
E

Are you saying if someone is diagnosed with mental illness they should be “locked up” just seems like a good way to deter people from getting help.

What I am saying is that we used to lock them up and treat them. Had a classmate in high school that spent the summer in one of the "treatment" asylums. He was a totally different person when he got out. Almost a decent human.

Re: Uvalde Shooter - The Facts [Re: 921 Phoenix] #14377941 05/26/22 07:52 PM
T
Ted Dyer Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by Ted Dyer

you can sue a bartender and bar for not stopping selling to a person to make them drunker. A mom or dad who bought a gun to go hunting or blinking that did not approve the person taking the gun and going to kill someone, is a big difference than a bartender making money by continuing to sale drinks to a drunk and they go kill someone with a car because they are drunk

It's the same concept. You are making someone else that can influence the situation responsible. The parents need to lock up their firearms in a manner that their kids can't get them without parental involvement.

flagtexas
Courage - knowing something will hurt and still doing it.
Stupidity - knowing something will hurt and still doing it.

That’s why life is difficult
Re: Uvalde Shooter - The Facts [Re: Emit R Detsaw] #14377951 05/26/22 08:03 PM
Weekender1 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity

What I am saying is that we used to lock them up and treat them. Had a classmate in high school that spent the summer in one of the "treatment" asylums. He was a totally different person when he got out. Almost a decent human.

I don't believe big Pharma will allow what you suggest. They are making way to much money to allow a working treatment to be available.

Jody

Tyler Bass Club
LIKE the TFF on Facebook - www.facebook.com/texasfishingforum
Re: Uvalde Shooter - The Facts [Re: Spiderman] #14378009 05/26/22 09:05 PM
diggerwolf Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
I blame the parents.

I'm a boomer and I'm gonna geez here, but when I was in high school in Dallas it was not uncommon to see rifles in racks on the back windows of pickups in the school parking lot. "School shootings" were two words never heard together.

What changed? Latch-key kids, anti-depressants for kids, a society in which people are not responsible for their own actions, terrible nutrition for kids (evidenced by increased Diabetes and CVD in kids), and the list goes on. (I'd include violent video games that desensitize kids to shooting people but I'll get raped here where adults will defend video games to the death.)

I believe the solution is to start holding parents responsible for their kids' actions. In this case, put Salvador Ramos' parents in prison for the school shootings. Find them, wherever they are, and lock them up forever. Then maybe, just maybe, other parents will start to pay attention to what their kids are up to.

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!" ― Hunter S. Thompson
Re: Uvalde Shooter - The Facts [Re: Emit R Detsaw] #14378018 05/26/22 09:09 PM
R
Razorback Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
R
Originally Posted by the skipper

I believe you are referring to the Sandy Hook settlement? Don't remember all the details of that case, but I think it was about how Remington advertised the gun, not for manufacturing it, if I remember right.

What, they advertised the gun as the perfect weapon for school shooters?

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide