Page 4 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 6 17 18
Re: Uvalde Police Response [Re: Caymas Cx 21] #14377806 05/26/22 05:41 PM
Ghost4BH Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Caymas Cx 21
Originally Posted by D.O.C.989
Hers some facts, the officer that took this clown out was a BP special agent, I know him but will not share his name on here. He was grazed in the head by a bullet shot through the wall and took one in the foot as well. He was off duty and showed up to assist and decided to go in and take the POS out. Had dinner with him a few weeks ago night before a tournament and he fishes bass champs south and is a hammer. He’s a class act man and is a true hero end of story.

Please thank him for his service and much respect from me for his Courage and Honor. A true hero for sure.

Will do sir, myself and a group of guy that are regulars on here and a rod manufacturer gonna send him a little token of our appreciation

Is there a gofundme or something similar set up for him? I’m sure there are a few on here that would like to buy that man a beer.

Re: Uvalde Police Response [Re: T Bird] #14377811 05/26/22 05:43 PM
Caymas Cx 21 Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
I have no idea ghost but we just decided to do something on our own, if you want to chip in PM me and we can go from there.

Re: Uvalde Police Response [Re: T Bird] #14377816 05/26/22 05:46 PM
GROD Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
As an LEO myself… I would be pissed if my child was in a school and LEO first on scene did not enter. If I was there and LEO was preventing me from entering, knowing rounds have been fired, then they would have had to shoot me in the back to stop me. We train to immediately take action and to neutralize the threat and stop the killing. I know my decision has already been made and going in alone is not an issue. The only gray area is an officer is not mandated to enter alone… can wait for back up. Majority of us now days carry a rifle and have rifle ballistic plates with us and helmets. Zero doubt what my personal actions would be, but not everyone becomes a cop for the right reasons. Some like the idea of it, some use it as a stepping stone, some just want a job, and others do it to protect one’s who can’t protect themselves. 19 innocent kids…. I wouldn’t be able to look myself in the mirror if I didn’t do everything in my power to save as many as I possibly could. That day pure evil showed it’s face and we have to do better to protect our children. Nonsense about it cost too much to do this or that is complete [censored]. We send hundreds of billions of dollars to other countries yearly… when we need to be fixing this country first. When I think about the fear those kids and teachers had in that classroom… it highly pisses me off because we know history tells us this will happen again… we just don’t know where or when. I went to my sons school yesterday and walked in like I owned the place. Zero excuses for this. Technology and the ability to secure a school, the classrooms, and so on is there and needs to be used in order to prevent something like this from ever happening again. Money can’t be reason for failure.

Re: Uvalde Police Response [Re: Caymas Cx 21] #14377825 05/26/22 06:01 PM
R
Razorback Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
R
Hers some facts, the officer that took this clown out was a BP special agent, I know him but will not share his name on here. He was grazed in the head by a bullet shot through the wall and took one in the foot as well. He was off duty and showed up to assist and decided to go in and take the POS out. Had dinner with him a few weeks ago night before a tournament and he fishes bass champs south and is a hammer. He’s a class act man and is a true hero end of story.

Surely we can all agree on that.

Re: Uvalde Police Response [Re: GROD] #14377830 05/26/22 06:12 PM
921 Phoenix Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by GROD
As an LEO myself… I would be pissed if my child was in a school and LEO first on scene did not enter. If I was there and LEO was preventing me from entering, knowing rounds have been fired, then they would have had to shoot me in the back to stop me. We train to immediately take action and to neutralize the threat and stop the killing. I know my decision has already been made and going in alone is not an issue. The only gray area is an officer is not mandated to enter alone… can wait for back up. Majority of us now days carry a rifle and have rifle ballistic plates with us and helmets. Zero doubt what my personal actions would be, but not everyone becomes a cop for the right reasons. Some like the idea of it, some use it as a stepping stone, some just want a job, and others do it to protect one’s who can’t protect themselves. 19 innocent kids…. I wouldn’t be able to look myself in the mirror if I didn’t do everything in my power to save as many as I possibly could. That day pure evil showed it’s face and we have to do better to protect our children. Nonsense about it cost too much to do this or that is complete [censored]. We send hundreds of billions of dollars to other countries yearly… when we need to be fixing this country first. When I think about the fear those kids and teachers had in that classroom… it highly pisses me off because we know history tells us this will happen again… we just don’t know where or when. I went to my sons school yesterday and walked in like I owned the place. Zero excuses for this. Technology and the ability to secure a school, the classrooms, and so on is there and needs to be used in order to prevent something like this from ever happening again. Money can’t be reason for failure.

Well said

Re: Uvalde Police Response [Re: Razorback] #14377833 05/26/22 06:16 PM
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Razorback

Surely we can all agree on that.

I’d certainly hope so sir.

Re: Uvalde Police Response [Re: T Bird] #14377844 05/26/22 06:24 PM
R
Razorback Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
R
Ordinary men do extraordinary things in the face or not only real, but probable and in some cases certain grave danger to themselves. We probably all wonder if we would have the guts to do the same under similar circumstances. Meanwhile we can thank those who do.

Re: Uvalde Police Response [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #14377845 05/26/22 06:26 PM
B
bockscar Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Originally Posted by Bigbob_FTW
I would bet a good number of people would pizz themselves if they got shot at.

Doesnt mean you arent shooting back and doing whats right. Being scared is a bodily reaction, deciding not to go into that school for that long was a cowardice decision. Zero excuse....10 minutes, maybe...how long it took. naw. that was a coward move.

Originally Posted by 921 Phoenix
Originally Posted by RayBob

Personally I think not rushing in immediately to attempt to terminate the murderer is both immoral and cowardly.

this regardless of anything else you are armed and have a chance, those kids have no chance if you do nothing.

100% this! Thats why I say 5-10 minutes hyping yourself up, doing a once over to see what options are available knowing an IMMEDIATE decision is needing to be made, or whatever else i can understand. Anything more then that....those were cowards decisions.

Re: Uvalde Police Response [Re: GROD] #14377851 05/26/22 06:34 PM
S
steveiam Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
S

I’m glad there are men and women like you out there Grod-
cheers

What has happed to you does not define who you are-

HOW you react to what happens to you DOES!
Re: Uvalde Police Response [Re: GROD] #14377854 05/26/22 06:38 PM
Notaguide Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler

I was thinking earlier that the cops would have to shoot me in the back if something like this happened in our school. Aint no way I’d be standing by if they were doing nothing.

Re: Uvalde Police Response [Re: Caymas Cx 21] #14377865 05/26/22 06:53 PM
GROD Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Tell him his country said thank you for having the mindset and courage to face pure evil and doing the right thing without hesitation! We need more LEO like him!

Re: Uvalde Police Response [Re: T Bird] #14377879 05/26/22 07:09 PM
GROD Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
When I found out the parents were being held back by the LEO on scene who weren’t actively making entry to put this pos down it brought tears to my eyes it pissed me off so much. Many of us have kids and when these tragic and evil events are happening, there is no time to wait. Time equals more body bags. As first responders there is no time to wait for a SWAT Team to show up… you are the team or solo first responder tasked with saving as many innocent people as possible. The sound of gunfire from a gunman in a school means kids/adults are dying. You enter that school no matter what and by any means you have. It don’t matter if you have to drive your Tahoe through the damn doors… this is how we are trained and if you’re an officer and don’t have that mindset then maybe this isn’t the profession for you… it’s not a job, but a calling. Have to have a passion for servant leadership! Life experience both good and bad so you have the ability to make discretionary choices and most of all common sense.

Re: Uvalde Police Response [Re: T Bird] #14377952 05/26/22 08:03 PM
T
tx_basser Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
T
When the cops say "their #1 objective is to make it home safe"... they really mean it. Their 1st concern isn't the citizenry

Re: Uvalde Police Response [Re: T Bird] #14377957 05/26/22 08:09 PM
R
rangerb Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
R
Unfortunately there are few small Texas schools with security people like GROD and the special trained BP officer around who would take on an AR 15. And it took one hour for him to get there. Most small Texas schools work on the theory that “it won’t happen here”. Last report was that there wasn’t even a security guard at the school and the killer entered with no opposition.

Re: Uvalde Police Response [Re: GROD] #14377958 05/26/22 08:10 PM
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
When I found out the parents were being held back by the LEO on scene who weren’t actively making entry to put this pos down it brought tears to my eyes it pissed me off so much. Many of us have kids and when these tragic and evil events are happening, there is no time to wait. Time equals more body bags. As first responders there is no time to wait for a SWAT Team to show up… you are the team or solo first responder tasked with saving as many innocent people as possible. The sound of gunfire from a gunman in a school means kids/adults are dying. You enter that school no matter what and by any means you have. It don’t matter if you have to drive your Tahoe through the damn doors… this is how we are trained and if you’re an officer and don’t have that mindset then maybe this isn’t the profession for you… it’s not a job, but a calling. Have to have a passion for servant leadership! Life experience both good and bad so you have the ability to make discretionary choices and most of all common sense.

If they let the parents in and they got killed they’d been in deep chit and people would be calling for their heads, they were in a no win situation. There is so much bad info out on this and it’s hard to decipher what true and what’s not.

Page 4 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 6 17 18
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide