Forums59
Topics1,039,232
Posts13,961,305
Members144,196
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: Another Insight On These School Shootings [Re: racing75] #14376984 05/25/22 07:06 PM
D
Douglas J Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
D
Issue is we used to lock crazy people up in institutions, now society tries to fix them with a hug or a certain colored wristband and a hashtag.

Start treating the dangerous mentally ill like they are dangerous again.

#MFGA
Re: Another Insight On These School Shootings [Re: Douglas J] #14376986 05/25/22 07:08 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by Douglas J
Issue is we used to lock crazy people up in institutions, now society tries to fix them with a hug or a certain colored wristband and a hashtag.

Concentration camps?

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Another Insight On These School Shootings [Re: racing75] #14376987 05/25/22 07:10 PM
Allison1 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Go back to gun training?
LTC training course along with a test to help determine their mental condition.

What better way to weed out someone who is not capable of responsible gun ownership?
Train the instructors to look for signs of social problems.

Re: Another Insight On These School Shootings [Re: Allison1] #14376990 05/25/22 07:14 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by Allison1
Go back to gun training?

What better way to weed out someone who is not capable of responsible gun ownership?

You’re assuming they buy the guns legally every time. That’s 100% not the case.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Another Insight On These School Shootings [Re: Ghost4BH] #14377004 05/25/22 07:26 PM
P
Patriot Guard Rider Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
P
Originally Posted by Ghost4BH
Originally Posted by Notaguide
We can't even keep the local restaurants open around here normal hours because of staff shortages. How do you geniuses expect to staff every school with armed security?

The local police department or sheriff department can provide staff for the schools. Our middle schools and high schools have campus resource officers who are provided by the local PD and is on each campus.

Why not use military veterans for security? They could be easily vetted, trained, and many would probably love to contribute to the safety and security of our kids. They probably have some kids in schools also. This would keep the LEOs available for LEO stuff.

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

Family is everything!

Life is precious. We don’t have forever. We have now. This moment. We can choose to love our lives now.

Re: Another Insight On These School Shootings [Re: SteezMacQueen] #14377006 05/25/22 07:27 PM
D
Douglas J Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
D
Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen
Originally Posted by Douglas J

Concentration camps?

We used to lock the mentally ill in institutions if they were too dangerous to live freely ion society. In the 70's and 80's some people wanted to let all the crazies out and eliminate the mental healthcare system. What you see today is the result of not monitoring the mentally ill and locking up the ones that need to be locked up.

A concentration camp is what the Nazis used to imprison jews and others they saw as enemies, not sure how the two can even be compared.

#MFGA
Re: Another Insight On These School Shootings [Re: racing75] #14377022 05/25/22 07:39 PM
S
Samsonsworld Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
S
Exactly, problem is they closed all the asylums and you can no longer pay to lock up crazy family members.

Re: Another Insight On These School Shootings [Re: racing75] #14377032 05/25/22 07:48 PM
L
LoneStarSon Online Content
Private Dancer
Online Content
Private Dancer
L
How many parents truly know their kids? Know what's going on with them or at their school? When my oldest sister entered middle school, my mom got upset because if someone was tardy to their class, there was not a record of it. After mom raised holy **** at the school, it was tracked and on report cards the next six weeks. After my sister reported a kid took a large marble to school and hit the bus driver in the back of the head, mom started riding the bus. Every day through the rest of the school year, either my mom or my father was on the bus. They got teachers to do it the following years and now their are bus monitors. Mom knew she didn't raise angels, but also knew she wanted us to be safe and receive a good education. She trusted the teachers, but also verified the information. Most parents can't/won't do that these days. Whether it's an absentee father, or having to have both parents work to support the family, there doesn't seem to be a lot of parental oversight, nor is there a lot of trust in teachers...and I understand that. All too often people who don't have the passion or skills become teachers for the 'easy' job (so they think) and the summers off and the retirement. We need to train teachers better and pay them more. We also need to spend more on mental health treatment....and there are a lot of studies on gut health and how it affects mental health. What are these chemicals in processed foods doing to our guts and brains? Cheaper foods...we get what we pay for. I get it. I used to love processed foods, and still do in the form of Lay's Munchies Flamin' Hot Peanuts (I could eat a couple pounds a day if I wouldn't swell up to the size of the Goodyear Blimp), but I control myself.

I believe our foods could very easily be part of this issue and more research needs to be done on what companies are putting into our foods. Heck, in 2007, the FDA banned a pesticide from food crops, but it wasn't until 2018 that they actually quit using it. It was sprayed on soy crops...soy is in darn near everything...and this pesticide is known to cause issues with the brain. It had been in use since the 1960's. Unintended consequences.

But we've got to start speaking up when we notice something isn't right with Little Johnny. Sometimes it isn't just a case of 'boys will be boys'.

Re: Another Insight On These School Shootings [Re: SteezMacQueen] #14377040 05/25/22 07:57 PM
Allison1 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Go back to gun training?

One thing won't fix it. This is but one point where a person could be looked at and be assessed.

Re: Another Insight On These School Shootings [Re: LoneStarSon] #14377088 05/25/22 08:50 PM
1oldbassguy Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted by LoneStarSon
How many parents truly know their kids? Know what's going on with them or at their school? When my oldest sister entered middle school, my mom got upset because if someone was tardy to their class, there was not a record of it. After mom raised holy **** at the school, it was tracked and on report cards the next six weeks. After my sister reported a kid took a large marble to school and hit the bus driver in the back of the head, mom started riding the bus. Every day through the rest of the school year, either my mom or my father was on the bus. They got teachers to do it the following years and now their are bus monitors. Mom knew she didn't raise angels, but also knew she wanted us to be safe and receive a good education. She trusted the teachers, but also verified the information. Most parents can't/won't do that these days. Whether it's an absentee father, or having to have both parents work to support the family, there doesn't seem to be a lot of parental oversight, nor is there a lot of trust in teachers...and I understand that. All too often people who don't have the passion or skills become teachers for the 'easy' job (so they think) and the summers off and the retirement. We need to train teachers better and pay them more. We also need to spend more on mental health treatment....and there are a lot of studies on gut health and how it affects mental health. What are these chemicals in processed foods doing to our guts and brains? Cheaper foods...we get what we pay for. I get it. I used to love processed foods, and still do in the form of Lay's Munchies Flamin' Hot Peanuts (I could eat a couple pounds a day if I wouldn't swell up to the size of the Goodyear Blimp), but I control myself.

I believe our foods could very easily be part of this issue and more research needs to be done on what companies are putting into our foods. Heck, in 2007, the FDA banned a pesticide from food crops, but it wasn't until 2018 that they actually quit using it. It was sprayed on soy crops...soy is in darn near everything...and this pesticide is known to cause issues with the brain. It had been in use since the 1960's. Unintended consequences.

But we've got to start speaking up when we notice something isn't right with Little Johnny. Sometimes it isn't just a case of 'boys will be boys'.

100% truth . We are poisoning our kids for the sake of cheap food ---it started in the mid nineties . Europe has banned GMO based food products for years . Obama campaigned on making Monsanto " pay for what they are doing " and literally two years later appointed a Monsanto board member to head the FDA . How many people on this website fully understand the implications of GMO based food products on the immune system ? Have you ever seen what some people buy at the grocery store ---it's insane . Chemicals DO NOT belong in our bodies and kids today are loaded with them .

Re: Another Insight On These School Shootings [Re: SteezMacQueen] #14377091 05/25/22 08:54 PM
J
Jpurdue Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
J
Go back to gun training?

If you are talking crime in general or mass shootings in general, this is true. If you are talking school shootings they almost always get the guns from friends or family or purchase them legally. These are young losers. They are not going to drive to the nearest metro and buy a black market gun in the hood.

Last edited by Jpurdue; 05/25/22 09:20 PM.

"Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley." -A.L.

www.LunkerLore.com

Re: Another Insight On These School Shootings [Re: racing75] #14377096 05/25/22 09:03 PM
O
outdoor-addict Online Content
Pro Angler
Online Content
Pro Angler
O
In general terms.....Look at how the 20-somethings are raising this generation, looking backward at each generation before may show how Kids are raised has deteriorated sequentially.

Lack of strong parental influence, lost values........today's choices of entertainment (violent video games, social media, musical lyrics, etc.)

"Reap what you sow", a lot of bad genetics at play too.

Re: Another Insight On These School Shootings [Re: outdoor-addict] #14377100 05/25/22 09:07 PM
J
JackMason Online Happy
TFF Team Angler
Online Happy
TFF Team Angler
J
Originally Posted by outdoor-addict
In general terms.....Look at how the 20-somethings are raising this generation, looking backward at each generation before may show how Kids are raised has deteriorated sequentially.

Lack of strong parental influence, lost values........today's choices of entertainment (violent video games, social media, musical lyrics, etc.)

Bingo

Re: Another Insight On These School Shootings [Re: JackMason] #14377104 05/25/22 09:14 PM
Tiltman Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by JackMason
Originally Posted by outdoor-addict

Bingo

ditto

Re: Another Insight On These School Shootings [Re: racing75] #14377113 05/25/22 09:22 PM
S
Scagnetti Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
When nothing was done after Sandy Hook, I lost faith that anything will ever be done.

If our government refuses to do something, it should be legal to bring guns into every place government does business: courtrooms, the Supreme Court, governors’ mansions, the White House, Congresses, both federal and state. If our kids and churches are put at risk so should all the politicians who’ve brought us to the brink.

Let them take the pain for a change.

[Linked Image]

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide