Forums59
Topics1,038,938
Posts13,955,881
Members144,183
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: For Anyone Who Thinks There Is A God [Re: Ghost4BH] #14376210 05/25/22 12:43 AM
Bigbob_FTW Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Originally Posted by Ghost4BH
Originally Posted by Techfisher
"it's gods will"...what BS...just an excuse. For supposedly being this all powerful, all knowing entity god sure does let a lot of bad sh** happen. Guess he's too busy visiting all those mega churches that are everywhere....and making sure those collection plates are full up.

Maybe one day you’ll actually have a friend.

Not in Oklahoma.

[Linked Image][Linked Image] FJB
Re: For Anyone Who Thinks There Is A God [Re: deucer02] #14376212 05/25/22 12:44 AM
K
kennerdude Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
K
[/quote]

Ah, the true yellow cowards are here. So sad.[/quote]

FIFme

NIL CARBORUNDUM
Re: For Anyone Who Thinks There Is A God [Re: ntgolfandfish] #14376217 05/25/22 12:49 AM
F
flashman252 Offline
Angler
Angler
F
ok since we are talking about the bible and someone made the point of x amount of authors, and it being 1500+ years old and there being different versions of the bible..... It has ALWAYS made me wonder how accurate the literature is. Not in any way trying to discount it but hear me out here.

I am a pastors kid, and I was a real helion growing up.... know what they say for pastors kids, definitely true in my case. I picked through every sermon and fought every word in the bible growing up, mainly to try and tell my father what I was doing was perfectly ok. Obviously not true but a few beers and right situations, I was definitely not thinking of any words that any book said.

I have sat through MANY sermons, got em at home, every sunday morning, sunday night and wednesday nights, RELIGIOUSLY (no pun intended). One thing that always crosses my mind is if you put 20 people in a circle and whisper yellow banana in the first ear, it always comes out as red balloon by the time it makes it around the room. How on earth can we say for 100% certainty the literature today is even close to the original literature written when Jesus was around?

Not trying to disprove him or anyone's belief, but it ALWAYS makes me wonder which version is most accurate. Everyone has their favorite version of the bible and how it depicts the wording to their beliefs. Anyone ever thought about this or am I the only crazy one here that has thought this?

Re: For Anyone Who Thinks There Is A God [Re: flashman252] #14376225 05/25/22 12:53 AM
Bigbob_FTW Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Originally Posted by flashman252
ok since we are talking about the bible and someone made the point of x amount of authors, and it being 1500+ years old and there being different versions of the bible..... It has ALWAYS made me wonder how accurate the literature is. Not in any way trying to discount it but hear me out here.

I am a pastors kid, and I was a real helion growing up.... know what they say for pastors kids, definitely true in my case. I picked through every sermon and fought every word in the bible growing up, mainly to try and tell my father what I was doing was perfectly ok. Obviously not true but a few beers and right situations, I was definitely not thinking of any words that any book said.

I have sat through MANY sermons, got em at home, every sunday morning, sunday night and wednesday nights, RELIGIOUSLY (no pun intended). One thing that always crosses my mind is if you put 20 people in a circle and whisper yellow banana in the first ear, it always comes out as red balloon by the time it makes it around the room. How on earth can we say for 100% certainty the literature today is even close to the original literature written when Jesus was around?

Not trying to disprove him or anyone's belief, but it ALWAYS makes me wonder which version is most accurate. Everyone has their favorite version of the bible and how it depicts the wording to their beliefs. Anyone ever thought about this or am I the only crazy one here that has thought this?

I consider the sole purpose of the bible is to point you to Christ. He alone saves. In that light the rest doesn't matter. Just my thoughts.

[Linked Image][Linked Image] FJB
Re: For Anyone Who Thinks There Is A God [Re: flashman252] #14376275 05/25/22 01:31 AM
G
grandbassslayer Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
G

That not how the Bible is written, they always went back to the original scripts. Sure you have a few nutty heresy versions used by cults like Mormons, Jehovah’s Witness and a few others- but most are back to the original.

Re: For Anyone Who Thinks There Is A God [Re: flashman252] #14376278 05/25/22 01:34 AM
921 Phoenix Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru

I am of the believe, the bible was inspired by god, and if God can't get a book written the way he wants it. why would any of us follow him

Re: For Anyone Who Thinks There Is A God [Re: bshort] #14376311 05/25/22 02:03 AM
T
The Searchers Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
T
Originally Posted by bshort
"it's gods will"...what BS...just an excuse. For supposedly being this all powerful, all knowing entity god sure does let a lot of bad sh** happen. Guess he's too busy visiting all those mega churches that are everywhere....and making sure those collection plates are full up.

The OT holy rollers are gunna get cha! peep

[Linked Image]

Re: For Anyone Who Thinks There Is A God [Re: ntgolfandfish] #14376354 05/25/22 02:38 AM
G
grandbassslayer Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted by ntgolfandfish
explain this to me: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_vulture_and_the_little_girl ....how could this happen if there really were a truly loving, caring god out there?

But the witless can no more become wise than a wild donkey’s colt can be born human.

Re: For Anyone Who Thinks There Is A God [Re: Canino] #14376370 05/25/22 02:53 AM
A
ahren Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
A
Originally Posted by Canino
Originally Posted by Roller22
The Bible is a collection of 66 books written by 40 different authors, on three different continents, in three different languages, over a period of 1500 years. Yet all 66 books have a marvelous unity and prophetic accuracy.

The books of the Bible absolutely do not display anything close to unity.

There are two different creation stories in the first two chapters. Genesis 1 and Genesis 2 are both creation stories and disagree with each other, and that's only two chapters in.

The telling of the creation is not a contradiction. Gen 1 is an overview, and Gen2 specifically details humanity. Its summarizing the whole story and then drilling down on the most importantpart.

There are two different stories of Jesus' birth. There are three different stories of the Resurrection and what happened when the tomb was found. There are two different accounts of how Judas died. Those discrepancies are just in the four Gospels. None of them can be reconciled with each other.

The slight differences between the birth and Resurrection reports are nothing. Its like if you ran into your wifes best friend and family at the grocery store. If you went home and said oh i ran into Jackie at the store. Then she talks to Jackie and she says yes my husband and kids wre happy to see him. Then she calls you a liar because tou didn't menyion the husband and kids were there. Different witnesses emphasize different parts of the same scene

Judas died by hanging. Then his body fell to the ground and burst. No contradiction

The lineage from David to Jesus is recounted twice - once with something like 27 generations, once with over 40, and with different names. Those can't be reconciled - either one is wrong or they're both wrong. Even Jesus' grandfather's name is different - in Matthew, Joseph's father was named Jacob, in Luke, Joseph's father was Heli.

Jesus lineage is traced both through his adoptive father Joseph and through his natural mother Mary Of course they are different

There are literally hundreds of other examples.

Believe or don't, that's up to you and that's great as far as I'm concerned...but to say that the Bible exhibits unity throughout is simply disingenuous.

Last edited by ahren; 05/25/22 02:54 AM.

Originally Posted By: Mudshark
if it is within my reach, I'm going to pet it.
Re: For Anyone Who Thinks There Is A God [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #14376389 05/25/22 03:26 AM
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Bigbob_FTW
Originally Posted by rj74955
Originally Posted by steveiam

Something sure has made you an angry man-

He brought his California bs to Oklahoma and it didn’t turn out like he thought it would lol.

Wyoming is God's country!

FIFY LOL

Re: For Anyone Who Thinks There Is A God [Re: ntgolfandfish] #14376394 05/25/22 03:33 AM
P
patriot07 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
P
I don't know why God lets bad things happen to good people. But me not understanding that doesn't result in God not existing.

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.
- Soren Kierkegaard
Re: For Anyone Who Thinks There Is A God [Re: patriot07] #14376397 05/25/22 03:46 AM
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by patriot07
I don't know why God lets bad things happen to good people. But me not understanding that doesn't result in God not existing.

Well said

Re: For Anyone Who Thinks There Is A God [Re: malibu6501] #14376602 05/25/22 02:11 PM
J
JAlfred Offline
Angler
Angler
J
Originally Posted by malibu6501
I'm a sinner. Yet, I have a protector. I am not a person who speaks in tongues nor even goes to church. But I am protected. I do not know why, but I have been all of my life. I see good in people, but I'll cuss them too. I'm Catholic but not a practicing one. I ask for Jesus' help when I need help. I do not ask for help to get a raise or stupid [censored] like that. I ask for help when my family is hurting or when I must protect others in my care. I depend on God. Sometimes I feel a presence that tells me all will be fine. Your opinion of me does not matter. I have learned these things over many years.

What ever gets you through the night

Re: For Anyone Who Thinks There Is A God [Re: malibu6501] #14377169 05/25/22 11:01 PM
butch sanders Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by malibu6501
I'm a sinner. Yet, I have a protector. I am not a person who speaks in tongues nor even goes to church. But I am protected. I do not know why, but I have been all of my life. I see good in people, but I'll cuss them too. I'm Catholic but not a practicing one. I ask for Jesus' help when I need help. I do not ask for help to get a raise or stupid [censored] like that. I ask for help when my family is hurting or when I must protect others in my care. I depend on God. Sometimes I feel a presence that tells me all will be fine. Your opinion of me does not matter. I have learned these things over many years.

nice

Re: For Anyone Who Thinks There Is A God [Re: ntgolfandfish] #14377187 05/25/22 11:21 PM
R
romeroxl1200 Online Content
Angler
Online Content
Angler
R
bow_down ain't no higher being period. too much bad in the world or evil is just stronger LMAO

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide