Re: The elite deal got me thinking [Re: J.H.S.] #14375632 05/24/22 05:00 PM
T
the skipper Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by J.H.S.
This post goes to show you how many people either A) Can't read and infer, or B) want to just post stuff to pad their count. I agree with the OP, if a trail like BASS or MLF, who pay out thousands of dollars, can use 80 different hand scales to determine a winner, a HS trail that gives out a few thousand dollars in scholarships should be able to implement a second scale to open up a second line in order to speed up the process with the fields being as large as they are.

Its cash that the high schools trails give out, well checks but it's not scholarships

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: The elite deal got me thinking [Re: kellisag] #14375634 05/24/22 05:02 PM
T
the skipper Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by kellisag
I think a better option would be giving them incentive to not way their small bags like some tourneys do. If you don't have enough fish to place you dump them and get thrown in a pot for drawings.

SETX does that every tournament. It's usually 5 winners per tournament for the conservation prize

Re: The elite deal got me thinking [Re: WAWI] #14375656 05/24/22 05:19 PM
S
Shoe Dave Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
S
If you want to run a second scale you do not need a complete second set of everything involved to work with the scale. You can simply have people in one line with two scale stations side by side. When a scale is empty the person at the front of the line goes to the empty scale. Theoretically. you would be able to process the line about twice as quick with the addition of one scale.

Re: The elite deal got me thinking [Re: Shoe Dave] #14375695 05/24/22 05:49 PM
R
RKT Online Content
Pro Angler
Online Content
Pro Angler
R
Originally Posted by Shoe Dave
If you want to run a second scale you do not need a complete second set of everything involved to work with the scale. You can simply have people in one line with two scale stations side by side. When a scale is empty the person at the front of the line goes to the empty scale. Theoretically. you would be able to process the line about twice as quick with the addition of one scale.

The line that causes a delay is the line to get weigh bags. You can only have as many weigh bags out as you have tanks to place the bags in while waiting to go to the scales. They can go across the scales fairly quickly. To really speed up the process you have to be able to have more weigh bags available which means more tanks. If you put out more weigh bags without more tanks than you will have tons of dead fish as the fish cannot live that long in a regular weigh bag that does not allow water to flow through it or have an oxygen source. So theoretically, just adding a second set of scales would not speed up the process very much.

Re: The elite deal got me thinking [Re: the skipper] #14375696 05/24/22 05:49 PM
J
J.H.S. Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
J
Originally Posted by the skipper
This post goes to show you how many people either A) Can't read and infer, or B) want to just post stuff to pad their count. I agree with the OP, if a trail like BASS or MLF, who pay out thousands of dollars, can use 80 different hand scales to determine a winner, a HS trail that gives out a few thousand dollars in scholarships should be able to implement a second scale to open up a second line in order to speed up the process with the fields being as large as they are.

Its cash that the high schools trails give out, well checks but it's not scholarships

The point to be made by WAWI was why can a pro trail like BASS or MLF, who gives out $100k first prize along with thousands more $, use 80 different scales to determine a winner, but a high-school trail can't pick up another one to hopefully help move long lines across quicker to help preserve our resource? Who cares in what manner they are awarding the winners. The fact is, if it is good enough for the highest level in the sport, it should be good enough for the lowest. Let's not get hung up on semantics. Overthinking can lead to failure.

Last edited by J.H.S.; 05/24/22 05:50 PM.

Live Daringly, Boldy, and Fearlessly....Embrace the Challenge So That You May Feel the Exhiliration of Victory.

Re: The elite deal got me thinking [Re: WAWI] #14375709 05/24/22 05:53 PM
D
Douglas J Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D
A "cut line" would be useful, figure a fair amount of weight for said lake and that is the "cut line". If you do not have over the "cut line" in weight, you do not weigh your fish. All below the "cut line" receive an arbitrary preset amount of AOY points.

If you chose to weigh in anyways and it's not with in 1 pound or so of the "cut line", the captain and team is banned from the next tourney. Rules without consequences are rarely followed.

It's "fair", keeps the lines manageable and likely will cut down on mortality.

#MFGA
Re: The elite deal got me thinking [Re: Douglas J] #14375733 05/24/22 06:18 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by Douglas J
A "cut line" would be useful, figure a fair amount of weight for said lake and that is the "cut line". If you do not have over the "cut line" in weight, you do not weigh your fish. All below the "cut line" receive an arbitrary preset amount of AOY points.

If you chose to weigh in anyways and it's not with in 1 pound or so of the "cut line", the captain and team is banned from the next tourney. Rules without consequences are rarely followed.

Better yet….if you don’t have a limit, you don’t weigh in. Without a limit, they ain’t winning anyways. Figure out a points system to make it reasonable.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: The elite deal got me thinking [Re: SteezMacQueen] #14375750 05/24/22 06:32 PM
K
Ken Starling Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
K
So if they have 1 fish and it is 10# they don’t weigh in? Just asking. We have had it, also a kid had 1 fish for 11.50 at Ray Robert’s.
Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen

Better yet….if you don’t have a limit, you don’t weigh in. Without a limit, they ain’t winning anyways. Figure out a points system to make it reasonable.

Re: The elite deal got me thinking [Re: the skipper] #14375754 05/24/22 06:34 PM
K
Ken Starling Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
K
Yes some trails do pay checks out at every event. However ours does not. We pay upon graduation and a letter or receipt from the school of further learning they are attending.
Originally Posted by the skipper

Re: The elite deal got me thinking [Re: SteezMacQueen] #14375761 05/24/22 06:39 PM
R
RKT Online Content
Pro Angler
Online Content
Pro Angler
R

I know you have been around long enough to have seen plenty of tournaments that were won with just 4 fish.

Re: The elite deal got me thinking [Re: Ken Starling] #14375763 05/24/22 06:42 PM
S
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by Ken Starling
So if they have 1 fish and it is 10# they don’t weigh in? Just asking. We have had it, also a kid had 1 fish for 11.50 at Ray Robert’s.

If they have an 11 pounder and that’s it….nope. Takes the luck out of it too. They should concentrate on a limit, then a kicker. 11 pounds ain’t gonna win a 250+ boat tournament.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: The elite deal got me thinking [Re: SteezMacQueen] #14375765 05/24/22 06:43 PM
K
Ken Starling Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
K
Sorry that won’t happen. Good thought though.
Originally Posted by Ken Starling

If they have an 11 pounder and that’s it….nope. Takes the luck out of it too. They should concentrate on a limit, then a kicker. 11 pounds ain’t gonna win a 250+ boat tournament.

Last edited by Ken Starling; 05/24/22 06:45 PM.

Re: The elite deal got me thinking [Re: RKT] #14375771 05/24/22 06:46 PM
S
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by RKT

I know you have been around long enough to have seen plenty of tournaments that were won with just 4 fish.

Never have I been in a tournament of 250-ish boats where 4 fish have even been paid. I have won a Media solo event with 4 GOOD fish, but it wasn’t even 50 boats.

The idea is to slim down the numbers going to weigh in. If they had 100 boats, there wouldn’t be an issue. It’s 250+ and mom, dad, aunt, uncle, grandparents, x2 slowing down parking as well.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: The elite deal got me thinking [Re: SteezMacQueen] #14375773 05/24/22 06:48 PM
S
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
You can also make big bass a separate weigh in, so the lucky kid has his chance too. Must be a 6+ to weigh in. Easy. Y’all are making this too hard.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: The elite deal got me thinking [Re: WAWI] #14375778 05/24/22 06:52 PM
K
Ken Starling Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
K
You are correct the number of spectators are way different than any other trail. Like mentioned we will be looking at ideas to bring the numbers down.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide