Originally Posted by jchaney
Originally Posted by Top Waters
I have the MLF version in my boat and they are very nice. I was curious about the manufacturer so I looked them up and was impressed with their product offering. I guess if you want an accurate scale you should expect to pay for it.....and would want one made by a true scale manufacturer. That is what you get with Brecknell.

https://www.brecknellscales.com

Has Brecknell come out with a version that handles water better? I liked the Brecknell units I previously had but seems like no matter how hard I tried to protect them, water would inevitably short it out. Buying a new one every year does not make sense at their price point.

Funny you mention that. I have a compartment that gets wet during a heavy rain and that is where my unit was stored. It fried after it got wet. I took it back to cabelas and told them that a $100 scale shouldn't do that. They agreed and gave me a new one. #2 is kept in a drier place than #1. If it happens again, I plan to follow the previous plan until Brecknell figures it out. Other than that, I love the scale.

GO -------> fish

"Spit in his mouth, Son. It will make him grow bigger faster"
My late grandfather Bill Chapman (and former lake patrolman at Lake Tyler, TX)
I have spent the past 50 years spitting in their mouths...increasing the size of Texas fish with every spit!

P.B. 9.4 lbs - Lake Fork
2018 Skeeter ZX250 Yamaha 250 SHO