Re: Cedar Creek Lake Report [Re: leanin post] #14373185 05/20/22 09:45 PM
R
Ron Douthit Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
R
Originally Posted by leanin post

can u recommend a place that has lodging with boat parking, that is close to the lake for an overnight stay for 2 people. preferably on the south end of the lake.

Sorry, I can't really recommend any place to stay -- before we purchased our house here we stayed in mainly AirBnBs (or VRBO) -- those are plentiful but also very expensive. I'm not familiar with the quality of the hotels in the area.

If the wind is up, I usually recommend people launch at Caney Public Boat Ramp which is on the south end of the lake. Caney creek has some decent brush piles that usually hold crappie in the summer. As experienced as you are, you'll be able to look at the map and immediately see some good spots for brush piles in that area. I've never fished east of that bridge but working your way west from there are some good spots. Just be careful not to go under the bridge on the North side because there is some very shallow water out in the middle of the lake. You'll see it on your chart.

Re: Cedar Creek Lake Report [Re: Ron Douthit] #14373339 05/21/22 01:48 AM
L
leanin post Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
L
yes, that lake turns into a monster in a hurry, it sunk me in a 15 ft skeeter abt 10 years ago. I was on the west end and there was no place to beach my boat when the SHTF.. There is a metal sea wall that makes the waves roll back and creates a washing machine effect... We tied up to a dock and fought as long as we could but a wave came over my bow and swamped me.. I sunk in 8 feet of water.. I will not go back on that lake with less than 19 feet of boat again... luckily a gentleman came out and helped us get my boat into his neigbors boat lift, and we eventually got the boat out of the lake..
one of the longest days of my life.. that same day a guy had his steering break on his bass boat, he was controlling the motor with his arms , at headway speed, in 3 to 5 ft rollers... he came into the dock at big chief landing, he looked like he had been to hell and back.. when he pulled into the stall, the waves pushed his boat under the cement dock lining the stall and crushed his outboard.. we took ropes and tied his boat between the pilings in the stall, and finally got it where it couldnt sink. The guy got out of the boat, layed on the dock and was praying , thanking God he made it in..
.. If we hadnt been there with long ropes to help him tie off im sure he would have lost his whole boat.. He was exhausted but happy to be alive...
the wind looks mild this coming wednesday, if nothing changes we will likely be out there wednesday and thursday... . we will be in a bronze colored 19 foot Lowe semi vee with a 115 merc. we keep a long scoop net between the 2 front seats, sticking up in the air.. so if you see a scoopnet abt 8 feet in the air, its probably us. ha

COMING SOON! .. THE STICKLE HOOK " the stay level sickle hook". sits level in the water with all knots.! Provides better hook sets and more natural jigging motion. No more adjusting the knot, gluing , or tying loop knots that cause the hook point to tangle in the loop, or worse knick the line.. The jighook that will make all others obsolete !
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide