Page 1 of 2 1 2
Hmmm...sad but not surprising... #14369456 05/16/22 09:09 PM
J
Jonah's View Online Content OP
Extreme Angler
OP Online Content
Extreme Angler
J
I'm not trying to be ugly here...for some time now I have been cussing at the windshield as i drive around the Dallas metro-mess and see the countless multi-thousand unit apartment complexes going up in every community, we have a bunch here in Wylie...and all I can think of is there is no way there is that kind of demand for apartments, especially when the vast house farms keep growing as far as the eye can see...then the fears get confirmed....... section 8 housing... i remember a certain occupier in the White House made a teleprompter speech of how bad it was that people fled the cities in favor of the suburbs and took the tax dollars with them, and how his dream was to do just what this is shaping up to be... https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/joe-biden-white-house-housing-renters/2022/05/16/id/1070014/

what say the O.T. ? popcorn

Maranatha !
Re: Hmmm...sad but not surprising... [Re: Jonah's View] #14369491 05/16/22 09:56 PM
hopalong Online Confused
Pescador Loco
Online Confused
Pescador Loco
buy more ammo.

" Hop, set the hook"!
hopalong 99,999
TexDawg 99,999
FJB! not my president by a long shot!

lake fork FISHERMANS COVE MARINA/reservations - 903 474 7479
Re: Hmmm...sad but not surprising... [Re: Jonah's View] #14369495 05/16/22 10:02 PM
Allison1 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Great. Big brother enters the home building business.

If they can't get supplies to build now, just think what it will take to build with more regulations.

Re: Hmmm...sad but not surprising... [Re: Allison1] #14369504 05/16/22 10:14 PM
hopalong Online Confused
Pescador Loco
Online Confused
Pescador Loco
Originally Posted by Allison1
Great. Big brother enters the home building business.

If they can't get supplies to build now, just think what it will take to build with more regulations.

if you had a clue they have been in the section 8 housing for about forever, they do not build them they pay contractors who ignore codes and regulations to go in and produce a bldg that will need forever fixes, guess who gets the contract for the fixes, wanna try?

" Hop, set the hook"!
hopalong 99,999
TexDawg 99,999

Re: Hmmm...sad but not surprising... [Re: Jonah's View] #14369505 05/16/22 10:14 PM
410MAN Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted by Jonah's View
I'm not trying to be ugly here...for some time now I have been cussing at the windshield as i drive around the Dallas metro-mess and see the countless multi-thousand unit apartment complexes going up in every community, we have a bunch here in Wylie...and all I can think of is there is no way there is that kind of demand for apartments, especially when the vast house farms keep growing as far as the eye can see...then the fears get confirmed....... section 8 housing... i remember a certain occupier in the White House made a teleprompter speech of how bad it was that people fled the cities in favor of the suburbs and took the tax dollars with them, and how his dream was to do just what this is shaping up to be... https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/joe-biden-white-house-housing-renters/2022/05/16/id/1070014/

Smile while you still have teeth.
Re: Hmmm...sad but not surprising... [Re: 410MAN] #14369506 05/16/22 10:14 PM
hopalong Online Confused
Pescador Loco
Online Confused
Pescador Loco
Originally Posted by 410MAN

dude, you are stuttering.

" Hop, set the hook"!
hopalong 99,999
TexDawg 99,999

Re: Hmmm...sad but not surprising... [Re: 410MAN] #14369514 05/16/22 10:19 PM
410MAN Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
We were in Wylie and McKinney this weekend for soccer tournament, my drive from both towns I noticed that same apt going everywhere. And some neighborhoods with same roof line only flipped on next Hse . We in Longview 7 miles North with some acreage, I can pee in back or front yard. But it moving out this way .

Smile while you still have teeth.
Re: Hmmm...sad but not surprising... [Re: 410MAN] #14369517 05/16/22 10:23 PM
hopalong Online Confused
Pescador Loco
Online Confused
Pescador Loco
We were in Wylie and McKinney this weekend for soccer tournament, my drive from both towns I noticed that same apt going everywhere. And some neighborhoods with same roof line only flipped on next Hse . We in Longview 7 miles North with some acreage, I can pee in back or front yard. But it moving out this way .

back in the 70s we used to frame homes that were a flip design, same roof, mostly same interior but outside would change up to rock from siding or a combo of both.

the realtor we built for had 75 lined out for us when the 80 bank crash happened, look up penn square bank fail, it took out a lot of folks in Okie city.

" Hop, set the hook"!
hopalong 99,999
TexDawg 99,999

Re: Hmmm...sad but not surprising... [Re: hopalong] #14369521 05/16/22 10:28 PM
Dan90210 ☮ Online Embarrased
Jr Deputy Dan
Online Embarrased
Jr Deputy Dan
Originally Posted by hopalong

dude, you are stuttering.

No. He is actually "420 MAN!!"

Re: Hmmm...sad but not surprising... [Re: Jonah's View] #14369524 05/16/22 10:30 PM
H
HasBen Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
H
I remember watching them bulldoze huge complexes down and put them in a burn pit and burning them for weeks out on I30 before you got to Hubbard. Danny Faulkner was a legend in his on mind.

"Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness."-Mark Twain
Re: Hmmm...sad but not surprising... [Re: Jonah's View] #14369525 05/16/22 10:30 PM
F
Fishspanker Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
F
Bringing the Democrat vote to your District. They can place voters where they want them. Which party do you think the majority in Section 8 housing votes for? They can turn a red area blue.

They can’t just move from blue to red. They have to backfill the blue area. Hello open border.

You have to give them credit. They play the long game to get power.

Last edited by Fishspanker; 05/16/22 10:34 PM.

The Sheep who only fears the Wolf is eaten by the Shepherd.
Re: Hmmm...sad but not surprising... [Re: Jonah's View] #14369526 05/16/22 10:32 PM
I
Indianation65 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
I
The two women in my life over the last 8 years each work for a different city, one in Richardson, one in Plano.

The horrendously ugly mega-box apartment monstrosities have come up in countless conversations, including during city planning meetings.

The hoards of people moving to North Texas is one reason for the countless complexes, and the city managers crave "numbers" due to tax revenue!

The digital age, computers, is the reason they are so ugly. It's easy to design them on a computers by virtue of "boxism."

There is no "architecture and landscaping" in the "apartment/condo/townhouse" industry anymore.

The rats need cages, bottom line, and "beauty is NOT a necessity"!

...------

Re: Hmmm...sad but not surprising... [Re: Jonah's View] #14369527 05/16/22 10:32 PM
B
Brandon Adamcik Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
B
Grand Prairie is throwing up apartments left and right.
Got a house on a double lot? It will be purchased, demolished and two homes built on zero lot lines.
Cookie cutter shopping centers with discount stores. More fast food trash restaurants. Dollar stores on every corner.
But it’s progress right….

Czechfish
Re: Hmmm...sad but not surprising... [Re: Brandon Adamcik] #14369619 05/17/22 12:16 AM
J
JCBYEN Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
Originally Posted by Brandon Adamcik
Grand Prairie is throwing up apartments left and right.
Got a house on a double lot? It will be purchased, demolished and two homes built on zero lot lines.
Cookie cutter shopping centers with discount stores. More fast food trash restaurants. Dollar stores on every corner.
But it’s progress right….

We've lived in GP going on 12 years now and the last 5 or so have made it almost unlivable. Just check out your neighborhood on Nextdoor and see the morons (lefties) are taking over. My ammo purchases have gone up simultaneously!

Re: Hmmm...sad but not surprising... [Re: Jonah's View] #14369674 05/17/22 01:33 AM
Tiltman Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
You will own nothing and be happy….

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide