texasfishingforum.com logo
Main Menu
Advertisement
Affiliates
Advertisement
Newest Members
Cameron Gose, Jetskirentals512, Flashin Assassin Lures, SoonerTex0623, Bobby J.
119181 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
hopalong 121,013
TexDawg 119,783
Bigbob_FTW 95,321
John175☮ 85,918
Pilothawk 83,274
Bob Davis 82,326
Mark Perry 72,486
Derek 🐝 68,321
JDavis7873 67,416
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics1,038,884
Posts13,954,795
Members144,181
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
New power pole owner #14364338 05/10/22 04:21 PM
D
Dwhite206 Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
D
Good morning folks

I just recently order my dual Power pole pro II with the S-2-6 bracket for my champion 206.

My question is just go into detail on the install, hose placement, pump placement, first time on the water, foot switch placement long term and short term maintenance, do you have to pair them every morning, when not to use them ( tips and tricks) things of that matter.

Basically a " if I had to do it all over again " or " I wish someone had told me this earlier" type of thread

I know it sounds like a lot but, I want to install these right and have them running at their best at all times.

Thank you

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: New power pole owner [Re: Dwhite206] #14364477 05/10/22 07:37 PM
GTrigg Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
YouTube is your friend, many videos regarding the install.

welcome

Re: New power pole owner [Re: Dwhite206] #14364505 05/10/22 08:07 PM
D
Dbrit83 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
D
I brought my boat with them already installed, but as far as when to use them.... if they will hit the bottom and hold use them. I honestly use them when ever I can, you will not be upset about the purchase. With a duel setup they hold the boat in the perfect angle. Do think about the wind, the boat will twist just a little bit but you will get used to it after using them a few times. I have at times put them down and then used my spot lock to hold the boat right where I want to fight the wind but that is rare. Pedal placement is all about personal preference, as GTrigg said watch you tube and you will see 300 different ways of setting them up then just do what seems to fit your fishing style, most every fisherman that i know with them has the foot buttons in a different place. You do not have to pair them every time, I disconnect the power to mine every time the boat comes off the water and all the controls work as soon as I turn them back on. Hope this helps, if you have specific questions I'll answer any that I can.

Re: New power pole owner [Re: Dwhite206] #14364508 05/10/22 08:12 PM
D
Douglas J Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
D
You are overthinking something that is not that complicated.

Lots of helpful youtube videos available

#MFGA
Re: New power pole owner [Re: Dwhite206] #14365041 05/11/22 02:52 PM
B
bradnitro175 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
B
You should get a power cutoff switch for the pumps other than that its pretty simple

Originally Posted by Trickster
BIG FAT BASS LIVES MATTER

Re: New power pole owner [Re: Dwhite206] #14365115 05/11/22 04:21 PM
D
Dwhite206 Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
D
Thanks guys!

Re: New power pole owner [Re: Dwhite206] #14365205 05/11/22 06:21 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Stick em down about 3’ when fishing docks to keep from banging the motor on docks. They also work for when you disconnect the boat/trailer from the truck and it starts to roll down the street. Lol. Don’t ask

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: New power pole owner [Re: SteezMacQueen] #14365770 05/12/22 11:46 AM
D
Dwhite206 Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
D
Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen
Stick em down about 3’ when fishing docks to keep from banging the motor on docks. They also work for when you disconnect the boat/trailer from the truck and it starts to roll down the street. Lol. Don’t ask

Oh no please continue. I have to hear this. lol roflmao

Re: New power pole owner [Re: Dwhite206] #14366040 05/12/22 04:45 PM
D
Dbrit83 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
D
Originally Posted by Dakota White

Second this, seems like to good of a story not to share roflmao

Re: New power pole owner [Re: Dbrit83] #14366084 05/12/22 05:37 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by Dbrit83
Originally Posted by Dakota White

Second this, seems like to good of a story not to share roflmao

Yeh. Luckily my wife was on the other side of the fence. I had to yell for her to come around to the street and grab the power pole remote from the passenger console. While I’m trying to keep the boat from hitting her Lexus.

It started with the boat being full of water from the rain. So I raised the front all the way up to drain the boat. The power poles were almost touching the eve of the roof in the driveway. Well….when I raised it up in the front, the poles went under the edge of the house roof and wouldn’t let the front back down. I then thought the great ideas was to lower the poles. That wouldn’t would too good. I then decided to hook the receiver hitch from my jeep into my tundra after mounting the ball upside down, making it a 5” raised hitch. I got the boat out from under the roof. Then pulled it into the street. I unhooked the boat to swap hitches, and it started rolling down the street backwards I quickly let the boat roll on its own and grabbed the jeep hitch and tried to throw it under the tires and missed. My wife’s Lexus was next in line to stop the boat so I just grabbed and set my feet and almost got it stopped…but it was creeping.

After yelling for my wife to come help, I thought “power poles”! So I had her looking for the remote while I held on for dear life. After she grabbed the scale, then the ultrex remote, she finally found the power pole remote and pressed the down button. It held just enough that I could back my truck up the 50 feet that the boat rolled and reattach the trailer.

The poles saved my [censored] and her Lexus.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: New power pole owner [Re: SteezMacQueen] #14366651 05/13/22 11:36 AM
D
Dbrit83 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
D
Yeh. Luckily my wife was on the other side of the fence. I had to yell for her to come around to the street and grab the power pole remote from the passenger console. While I’m trying to keep the boat from hitting her Lexus.

It started with the boat being full of water from the rain. So I raised the front all the way up to drain the boat. The power poles were almost touching the eve of the roof in the driveway. Well….when I raised it up in the front, the poles went under the edge of the house roof and wouldn’t let the front back down. I then thought the great ideas was to lower the poles. That wouldn’t would too good. I then decided to hook the receiver hitch from my jeep into my tundra after mounting the ball upside down, making it a 5” raised hitch. I got the boat out from under the roof. Then pulled it into the street. I unhooked the boat to swap hitches, and it started rolling down the street backwards I quickly let the boat roll on its own and grabbed the jeep hitch and tried to throw it under the tires and missed. My wife’s Lexus was next in line to stop the boat so I just grabbed and set my feet and almost got it stopped…but it was creeping.

After yelling for my wife to come help, I thought “power poles”! So I had her looking for the remote while I held on for dear life. After she grabbed the scale, then the ultrex remote, she finally found the power pole remote and pressed the down button. It held just enough that I could back my truck up the 50 feet that the boat rolled and reattach the trailer.

The poles saved my [censored] and her Lexus.

Hahahahahahaha well I am glad it worked out for you, luckily where I keep my boat there is more than enough 'run off' room so if it starts rolling I'll just watch it until it stops, but I have not had that yet. Thank you for the story!

Last edited by Dbrit83; 05/13/22 11:37 AM.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide