Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Weird Fishing Rules [Re: BrockstaRama] #14362984 05/09/22 01:19 AM
RedRanger Offline
burro desagradable
burro desagradable
Squaw Creek is one I don't get. It's a private lake but I have seen the Game Warden out there a few times

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Weird Fishing Rules [Re: dk2429] #14362992 05/09/22 01:37 AM
P
porta Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
P
Originally Posted by dk2429
The permit you have to buy for your boat alone to fish San Vincente in California, plus an extra $12 a person. You basically have to buy a permit for your boat at each lake in California.

There are some restrictions on hooks and line for some lakes too, don't remember off the top of my head

I wonder if kayaks kayaks, canoes, and Float tubes are exempt from permits?

Re: Weird Fishing Rules [Re: porta] #14363045 05/09/22 03:03 AM
H
HookaToad Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
H
Originally Posted by porta
The permit you have to buy for your boat alone to fish San Vincente in California, plus an extra $12 a person. You basically have to buy a permit for your boat at each lake in California.

There are some restrictions on hooks and line for some lakes too, don't remember off the top of my head

Not exempt in California because Kayaks Kayaks, Canoes, and float tubes are known to the state of california to cause birth defecdts, cancer, heatburn, hangnails, acne and the list goes on....

Good Fishing and God Bless

โ€œIโ€™d rather be a failure at something I enjoy than to be a success at something I hateโ€

Re: Weird Fishing Rules [Re: Ken A.] #14363063 05/09/22 03:26 AM
B
bockscar Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Originally Posted by Ken A.
Yes I fished Lake Casitas in Cali a few years ago and there are a lotta DUMB rules.

1. Can't get on the water until they open the park gate at 7 am
2. Can't pee in the lake (they have floating porta-potties(
3. Can't have pets in the campground because they're afraid the pet will pee & it will run off in lake
4. Can't be on the water after 5 pm. They sound a horn and you had better be off the lake
5. Can't smoke on the lake (I don't but they are afraid you will throw cig butt in lake)

If you break any of their rules and they catch you it is a $500 Fine!

And I'm NOT kidding!!

Ive heard a lot of those lakes are great fishing....or at least they were. Ive heard the Trolling motor only lakes are good fishing too! Ive talked to some swimbait guys that say giants are still being caught in cali, just kept under wraps pretty well by locals. I wonder what their tourney scene is like with nutty rules like this or TM only lakes

Re: Weird Fishing Rules [Re: bockscar] #14363132 05/09/22 11:36 AM
Ken A. Offline
Groovy
Groovy
Originally Posted by bockscar
Yes I fished Lake Casitas in Cali a few years ago and there are a lotta DUMB rules.

2. Can't pee in the lake (they have floating porta-potties(
3. Can't have pets in the campground because they're afraid the pet will pee & it will run off in lake
4. Can't be on the water after 5 pm. They sound a horn and you had better be off the lake
5. Can't smoke on the lake (I don't but they are afraid you will throw cig butt in lake)

And I'm NOT kidding!!

Ive heard a lot of those lakes are great fishing....or at least they were. Ive heard the Trolling motor only lakes are good fishing too! Ive talked to some swimbait guys that say giants are still being caught in cali, just kept under wraps pretty well by locals. I wonder what their tourney scene is like with nutty rules like this or TM only lakes

My bud that lives near Casitas told me they stopped planting trout years ago. When that happened the giants went away there. Castaic became over run with stripers. I think only a small hand ful of lakes still get trout and it is nothing like it was. The CPWD ran outta money.

Re: Weird Fishing Rules [Re: bockscar] #14363133 05/09/22 11:36 AM
Ken A. Offline
Groovy
Groovy
Originally Posted by bockscar

2. Can't pee in the lake (they have floating porta-potties)

And I'm NOT kidding!!

Re: Weird Fishing Rules [Re: Donald Harper] #14363200 05/09/22 12:47 PM
M
Monty Wright Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
M
Originally Posted by Donald Harper
We use to fish an Oxbow Lake off the Ohio River, which was a pay lake by the day in the 60's/70's.
- You had to have a good looking girl in the boat with you; or you would not get through the gate. $4 per boat.
- I dressed my partner up as a girl many times, just to get in. Wig, falsees and the whole nine yards. Always ask if it was ok for HE/SHE to fish in a swim suit and we were in.
- The old man sat on the pourch and watched us through binoculars. Kinda like Deliverance.
- He had one trotline set in the lake and would fix lunch for us each trip.
- 18 paper plates with fish of all species, ell, turtle, snake, muskrat, beaver, and any thing else he caught in traps.
- You had to guess what was on each paper plate as you went down the line tasting. The name was written on the bottom of each paper plate.
- If you guess 10 correct out of 18, lunch was free. Otherwise $2.50 each. Fresh water Ell was the best.
- Best food you ever ate. The old man could cook. Some smoked, fried, lemon - butter, salt and pepper. Homemade hot salsa with fried chip potatos.

One day we get there in 1975 and a old Woman came out to the gate. I had never seen her in all those years. Cecil has passed, she says. We will have lunch at Noon. He told me to feed you guys for free and your partner can take off that fake S#$$. You never fooled Cecil; he got a kick out ot it. We had Tuna style Carp sandwiches and fried potato chips. Now I know the rest of the story.

roflmaoI bet ol Cecil laughed all day long when he saw ya'll at the gate roflmao

[Linked Image]

Half Past First Cast
^^^Worth a look^^^
Re: Weird Fishing Rules [Re: BrockstaRama] #14363507 05/09/22 05:43 PM
R
RayBob Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
R
Maine.

No lead whatsoever unless it is painted

South zone lakes only 2 bass may be kept with only one over 14" but the North zone there are no limits on size or numbers. (I think this is in an effort to protect cold water fisheries.)

Closed seasons

Special regs on thousands of ponds and lakes.

They will soon outlaw the use of soft plastics. Lots of talk on this up there. Every craft must be registered and thus taxed. (BTW, this pertains to bicycles too)

Advice? Wise men don't need it. Fools won't heed it.

Re: Weird Fishing Rules [Re: BrockstaRama] #14363743 05/09/22 09:28 PM
A
Allen Bass Fisher Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
A
Most game species of fish (Bass, Muskies, Walleye) in Wisconsin do not "open" until the first weekend in May. Muskies have a later opening date in the northern part of the state than the southern part.

Re: Weird Fishing Rules [Re: porta] #14363988 05/10/22 02:19 AM
D
dk2429 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
D
Originally Posted by porta

Not sure. All I know is I flew out to San Diego to fish with a friend of mine stationed at Mirmar San Diego.

It was like damn near $50 for both of us plus his bass boat. Just absolutely ridiculous. He told me there's literally no free public ramps like there are in Texas

Majek 22 Extreme/225 Optimax Pro XS hauled by a 2500HD Duramax

Re: Weird Fishing Rules [Re: 4D Ranch] #14363995 05/10/22 02:22 AM
D
dk2429 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
D
Originally Posted by 4D Ranch
Or you have to take a leak????

Actually that reminds me! The lakes I fished in southern Cal with my marine corp buddy all had floating porta chitters on the water. Like you'd literally be in 100ft of water... Pull up, tie your boat off, and you straight up had a full on chitter and sink with A/C and everything in the middle of the lake. There were multiples of them too

I took pics of them just cause I've never seen that before. If I can find them in my mess of phone pics I'll post them up

Majek 22 Extreme/225 Optimax Pro XS hauled by a 2500HD Duramax

Re: Weird Fishing Rules [Re: Allen Bass Fisher] #14364307 05/10/22 03:55 PM
J
Jpurdue Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted by Allen Bass Fisher
Most game species of fish (Bass, Muskies, Walleye) in Wisconsin do not "open" until the first weekend in May. Muskies have a later opening date in the northern part of the state than the southern part.

I think they got rid of the closed season for most game species with the exception of Musky. It's still catch and release, but at least you can fish for them. But yes, until a few years ago this was true. It was super frustrating. Even more frustrating is that you were allowed to fish, but you couldn't "target" game species between March 1 and May 5th (or something like that). It was up to the game warden as to what counted as targeting. There were all kinds of sub rules as well. You could target giant female walleye on the great lakes for catch and release, but if you caught the game warden on the wrong day they could say you were illegally bass fishing with your lipless you were using for trophy walleye.

"Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley." -A.L.

www.LunkerLore.com

Re: Weird Fishing Rules [Re: dk2429] #14364352 05/10/22 04:46 PM
B
bockscar Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Originally Posted by 4D Ranch
Or you have to take a leak????

Actually that reminds me! The lakes I fished in southern Cal with my marine corp buddy all had floating porta chitters on the water. Like you'd literally be in 100ft of water... Pull up, tie your boat off, and you straight up had a full on chitter and sink with A/C and everything in the middle of the lake. There were multiples of them too

I took pics of them just cause I've never seen that before. If I can find them in my mess of phone pics I'll post them up

Real men hang it off the side roflmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqLnBQA0KEc&ab_channel=MikeIaconelliFishing

Re: Weird Fishing Rules [Re: BrockstaRama] #14364626 05/10/22 11:01 PM
HARD WORKN HAROLD Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
I fished a private lake one time with rules. One rule was, everytime you caught a bass, you had to take a shot of Patron. eeks

DON'T LET THE CLOTHES FOOL YA
Life is too short to fish with a dead cricket!
PB: wife of 40 years
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide