Forums59
Topics1,038,966
Posts13,956,580
Members144,184
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: To the guy in the Skeeter on Texoma [Re: Tx Tree Grower] #14358657 05/03/22 01:28 PM
D
Douglas J Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D
Originally Posted by Tx Tree Grower
I need to go back through my go pro footage and make a video of all the times just this year that my THSBA team has been cut off by adults fishing a tournament on the same lake. The lake Palestine tournament last October was a particularly bad one. In the first hour of footage there were three different adult teams pull up literally less than 50ft in front of us. I wonder if that video would get the same amount of outrage? I'm not trying to defend this guy in the video that jumped in front of Todd. He was clearly in the wrong. He was clearly breaking rules. His team clearly needs to be DQ'd. My point is this stuff happens every day. We have a pandemic of rude inconsiderate bass fishermen, no doubt about that, but if you think it is restricted to high school fishing, you have your head square up your rear end. If you think I'm wrong, go enter a BFL tournament sometime. Those things are the biggest sh** show you will ever see.

It’s everywhere, but the youngsters should be taught the right way to do things. I’m just wondering if cheating is this blatant and out in the open?

#MFGA
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: To the guy in the Skeeter on Texoma [Re: WAWI] #14358671 05/03/22 01:48 PM
Sinkey Offline
Tidy Scoop
Tidy Scoop
Originally Posted by WAWI
roflmao and there you have it lol. Thsba at its finest, cutting people off, cheating, and calling the guy that they cut off a d.......

This was my first year to captain in high school fishing. And boy. It’ll make you want to carry a flask in your boot out there! roflmao

Re: To the guy in the Skeeter on Texoma [Re: Minner Bucket] #14358686 05/03/22 02:13 PM
A
avid_basser Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
A
I can honestly say that courtesy when it comes to money, trophies, competition, etc. doesn't exist. No matter the age group, our current society is ruined by becoming the next "social star", the next "pro", or the next "GOAT."

To do this, some feel you need to do everything to win, and that includes "bending" the rules to get that extra edge.

Until people stand up, stop paying to attend, fish, watch, etc...these a$$hats will continue to thrive.

Reporting this and taking action will curve it, but not cure it.

I feel for those trying to be honest, up standing, etc. in any sport.

Re: To the guy in the Skeeter on Texoma [Re: Douglas J] #14358689 05/03/22 02:14 PM
Fish Killer Offline
Big Sexy
Big Sexy
Originally Posted by Douglas J

I wonder if anyone makes any money off the high school tourneys?

Well they arn't out there putting these on for free that's for sure. More entries they get the more money is made.

LIKE the TFF on Facebook - www.facebook.com/texasfishingforum

You want to make a difference in life? Take a kid fishing!
Re: To the guy in the Skeeter on Texoma [Re: Minner Bucket] #14358690 05/03/22 02:14 PM
J
J.H.S. Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
This is what growing the sport gets you. When the banks began allowing people to finance boats for 15+ years then we began seeing these types of people overtaking the sport.

Live Daringly, Boldy, and Fearlessly....Embrace the Challenge So That You May Feel the Exhiliration of Victory.

Re: To the guy in the Skeeter on Texoma [Re: Minner Bucket] #14358700 05/03/22 02:23 PM
InTheClear Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
[Linked Image]

Re: To the guy in the Skeeter on Texoma [Re: Tx Tree Grower] #14358707 05/03/22 02:29 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
Originally Posted by Tx Tree Grower
I need to go back through my go pro footage and make a video of all the times just this year that my THSBA team has been cut off by adults fishing a tournament on the same lake. The lake Palestine tournament last October was a particularly bad one. In the first hour of footage there were three different adult teams pull up literally less than 50ft in front of us. I wonder if that video would get the same amount of outrage? I'm not trying to defend this guy in the video that jumped in front of Todd. He was clearly in the wrong. He was clearly breaking rules. His team clearly needs to be DQ'd. My point is this stuff happens every day. We have a pandemic of rude inconsiderate bass fishermen, no doubt about that, but if you think it is restricted to high school fishing, you have your head square up your rear end. If you think I'm wrong, go enter a BFL tournament sometime. Those things are the biggest sh** show you will ever see.

I dont know about this, I have fished a bunch of adult tournies over the years and can count on 1 hand the bs events that went on. I captained about 8 or 10 events for high school and saw it every single time. Maybe when its man to man most adults act better to avoid boat ramp discussion..... when the kids are around there is a tendency to bite your tongue because a. The kids are around and b. I really didnt give enough of a [censored] to get pizzed. You just roll your eyes and keep moving .

Re: To the guy in the Skeeter on Texoma [Re: Minner Bucket] #14358708 05/03/22 02:31 PM
J
JeffLStevens Offline
Angler
Angler
J
I sent this over to THSBA and hopefully it will be addressed. I hate seeing the negativity directed at THSBA as a whole and not keeping focus on the individual problem. These type of issues take place in all tournaments at all levels but it seems that some like to put this on the THSBA and the high school kids. THSBA is well run and gives a lot of kids an avenue to get out and compete in a sport that I love and yes there are always going to be a few captain that either just don't know or just don't care.....just like any other events I have ever fished.

Re: To the guy in the Skeeter on Texoma [Re: WAWI] #14358725 05/03/22 02:41 PM
K
KYBluefan Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
K
Originally Posted by WAWI
roflmao and there you have it lol. Thsba at its finest, cutting people off, cheating, and calling the guy that they cut off a d.......

So all THSBA is bad? Got it.

Re: To the guy in the Skeeter on Texoma [Re: Minner Bucket] #14358727 05/03/22 02:42 PM
H
Houston Basscat Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
H
Why do they always have to be in a Skeeter?

Re: To the guy in the Skeeter on Texoma [Re: Minner Bucket] #14358741 05/03/22 02:46 PM
9094 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
To be honest I think both parties are guilty on this. The OP just had to slip into a busy cove and should have known with that many boats there might be confrontation. Then the other guy slide right in front of him, but he was fishing there a few minutes before.

Really I think the OP should have just gone to another spot that wasn’t as loaded with boats.
He was as determined to fish that exact spot as the other guy.

Re: To the guy in the Skeeter on Texoma [Re: Minner Bucket] #14358747 05/03/22 02:49 PM
Chris B Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Bound to happen when you let the tournament’s get so large. The size of their field is out of control.

[Linked Image]
I hate photobucket.
Re: To the guy in the Skeeter on Texoma [Re: Douglas J] #14358751 05/03/22 02:52 PM
S
SC-001 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
S

Its absolutely about the tourney directors making money, they aren't doing it for the good of bass fishing, lets put 400+ boats on lakes during the spawn and rape the resource. Higher fuel prices along with inflation in general will hopefully put a dent in these idiot HS events.

Re: To the guy in the Skeeter on Texoma [Re: JeffLStevens] #14358759 05/03/22 02:57 PM
K
Ken Starling Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
K
We are here. Just don’t like to get in the discussion with some of these repeat HS fishing haters. They will continue to dislike the HS trails and they have their opinions regardless of what we think.

We have reached out to Todd and asked if he has any better pics or TX numbers.

If we can identify the boat we will handle it , I promise. It is very hard to see TX numbers and the kids don’t have a jersey we can see. So if any of you are sitting around not doing anything and can get us a clear picture or know the team . Please send to us.

Does it happen? Yep and it will continue to happen. Does it happen to everyone? I highly doubt it. But it does happen.

Our financial statements are available upon request by anyone. I can say that besides the tournament directors and our lady in the office none of the board of directors get paid. Well, I mean I do get some Huk apparel and a couple of hats a year and a cool jersey for the events. Do all the trails do that? Have no clue. So yea, we do get paid if you consider those a payment. At the beginning when we started 10 years ago the TD’s didn’t even get paid as well. Matter of fact there has been invites sent out to some of the repeat haters to become a board member and nothing but crickets. So go ahead and continue to believe we are all making millions running HS events if that makes you feel better.

Last thing, remember those kids from ETBU that won the championship all of you were congratulating? Well hate to break it to you but they fished the THSBA for 4 years…

Wait until we launch the Elementary Divisions next year….. Just kidding.

Have a good day guys.

Originally Posted by JeffLStevens
I sent this over to THSBA and hopefully it will be addressed. I hate seeing the negativity directed at THSBA as a whole and not keeping focus on the individual problem. These type of issues take place in all tournaments at all levels but it seems that some like to put this on the THSBA and the high school kids. THSBA is well run and gives a lot of kids an avenue to get out and compete in a sport that I love and yes there are always going to be a few captain that either just don't know or just don't care.....just like any other events I have ever fished.

Last edited by Ken Starling; 05/03/22 03:00 PM.

Re: To the guy in the Skeeter on Texoma [Re: SC-001] #14358761 05/03/22 02:59 PM
D
Douglas J Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D
Originally Posted by SC-001

Its absolutely about the tourney directors making money, they aren't doing it for the good of bass fishing, lets put 400+ boats on lakes during the spawn and rape the resource. Higher fuel prices along with inflation in general will hopefully put a dent in these idiot HS events.

when I have asked about the money I have been villianized by the "it's for the good of the kids" crowd.

I was told by a father of a very successful former HS angler that the guys running it all are rumored to be "killing it". It's just an honest question, since the whole deal is pushed as "for the good of the kids" and a school "related" activity.

If it has a good ROI, heck may start a HS trail...

#MFGA
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide