Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: How to carry [Re: Bassnhog] #14344018 04/15/22 12:58 AM
921 Phoenix Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Bassnhog
Originally Posted by Jpurdue
P365 small of back. I've never been comfortable with a CC anywhere near my junk. In normal circumstances I have nothing chambered and safety on. If I need to react in less than 5 seconds I'm probably screwed. My my plan is to avoid and retreat as a first step, so it's a chance I'm willing to take. If I go some place really shady (which is almost never) I'll chamber one, but the safety stays on.

Here's the reality for me: I have two young daughters at home. We've had plenty of talks about guns and gun safety. I go above and beyond to keep weapons safe and secure. I've always got this paranoia though that somehow some way I might forget a CC in my truck or whatever. Knowing my kids are not yet physically strong enough to pull the slide back is one more layer of safety in my mind. Hence the real reason I almost never keep one chambered.

P365’s have no safety my friend, so don’t be fumbling for it when the fool rushes in.

I am not sure you are right about this ^^^

The models has a MS in SKU has a manual safety and mine has one

Re: How to carry [Re: 921 Phoenix] #14344239 04/15/22 10:37 AM
B
Bassnhog Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Originally Posted by 921 Phoenix
P365 small of back. I've never been comfortable with a CC anywhere near my junk. In normal circumstances I have nothing chambered and safety on. If I need to react in less than 5 seconds I'm probably screwed. My my plan is to avoid and retreat as a first step, so it's a chance I'm willing to take. If I go some place really shady (which is almost never) I'll chamber one, but the safety stays on.

Here's the reality for me: I have two young daughters at home. We've had plenty of talks about guns and gun safety. I go above and beyond to keep weapons safe and secure. I've always got this paranoia though that somehow some way I might forget a CC in my truck or whatever. Knowing my kids are not yet physically strong enough to pull the slide back is one more layer of safety in my mind. Hence the real reason I almost never keep one chambered.

P365’s have no safety my friend, so don’t be fumbling for it when the fool rushes in.

We're both correct. Standard P365's have no safety but there is a Manual Safety Conversion kit you can install on it. cheers

Semper Fi-shing
Re: How to carry [Re: Bassnhog] #14344301 04/15/22 12:05 PM
J
Jpurdue Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted by 921 Phoenix

We're both correct. Standard P365's have no safety but there is a Manual Safety Conversion kit you can install on it. cheers

The original had no safety. You can buy a conversion kit. You can also buy a P365-MS just about anywhere that has an ambidextrous manual safety right off the shelf.

Last edited by Jpurdue; 04/15/22 12:07 PM.

"Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley." -A.L.

www.LunkerLore.com

Re: How to carry [Re: Pat Goff] #14344876 04/16/22 01:37 AM
J
Jim Ford Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
Originally Posted by Pat Goff
Whatever is most comfortable.
Self defense is the rule of threes.
Three yards
Three seconds
Three rounds.
If you’re prepared for the rule of three, you’re prepared.

Normal carry is .357 revolver. It’s easy to carry and anything at three yards will have trouble getting to two.

I picked up a RIA BBR 3.10 double stack 11 rounds of 45 it’s what I want to EDC but haven’t found a comfortable IWB.

Haven’t found a comfortable IWB yet. Suggestions welcome.

[Linked Image]

Tucker & Byrd; made in The Great State of Texas. Been carrying Tucker’s leather since the mid 80’s. After I went to detectives (2006) I used Tucker leather on duty and off. I recently retired and the only leather you’ll find on me is theirs. Their boltaron IWB rigs have leather bonded to the inside; it’s easier on the weapon’s finish, enhances retention, and makes holstering and unholstering quieter. Shortly before I retired I acquired a Staccato XC and I wanted to qualify with it and carry it on duty (I’ve always carried a 5” 1911 in .45ACP). T&B whipped me up a leather & boltaron duty rig with three different suspension systems. I can carry it IWB or OWB. An XC with a Holosun 507 is a lot of gun for a little guy like me to appendix carry, but I can do it with that holster. Call ‘em. I have — and use — over a dozen Tucker rigs. Worn daily. And no, I don’t get anything for endorsing them.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide