Page 1 of 2 1 2
another Battery Thread #14338631 04/08/22 09:41 PM
L
Lazy Ike Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
L
cheers thinking of gtting a Dakota Lithun just to power LS Anyone using em, How long you had, like em etc. Thanks.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: another Battery Thread [Re: Lazy Ike] #14338659 04/08/22 10:37 PM
tmd11111 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Looked at Dakota but never read anything good about their customer service. Went with Ionics

Re: another Battery Thread [Re: Lazy Ike] #14338710 04/08/22 11:35 PM
M
mossyback75 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
M
Little pricey. Dang.

Re: another Battery Thread [Re: Lazy Ike] #14338796 04/09/22 01:28 AM
P
prosise Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
P
Look for a battery with a warranty. Changed to lithium in the past month, two 100ah lithium on a 24v ultrex. 7 miles in the water in downtown Austin and i was at 87%, next trip about the same but a windier day and i was at 47%. Truly an amazing results torturing batteries. Not going to name brands, but I would suggest a brand that has a good backbone in the states. I removed 2x group 31 flooded wet cell batteries, and 2x 55ah agm batteries from the boat just over 209 pounds. Three 100ah batteries which weigh 22lbs each. Two for the TM, one for electronics. Im not BS'n you, they flat out are amazing.

Prosise

Re: another Battery Thread [Re: prosise] #14338847 04/09/22 02:51 AM
L
Lazy Ike Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
L
cheersThanks for infoguys looking for a bttery just for l.s. i have 2 duracells for 24 v minnkota that are great [2yrs old. i was wantin opions bout lith bateries for L Smcause i was fishin tue in 20mph wind runnin tm. and have lL.S. power from t.m. batt. after several hrs i had less than 12v. on l.s. screen. cause i was on tm alot at bout 50 percent power just to stay where i want to fish Thanks ya'll

Re: another Battery Thread [Re: Lazy Ike] #14338900 04/09/22 10:03 AM
hopalong Online Confused
Pescador Loco
Online Confused
Pescador Loco

" Hop, set the hook"!
hopalong 99,999
TexDawg 99,999
FJB! not my president by a long shot!

lake fork FISHERMANS COVE MARINA/reservations - 903 474 7479
Re: another Battery Thread [Re: Lazy Ike] #14338979 04/09/22 01:04 PM
JBranham Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
You need to also look at Power House Lithium.

They offer a 16v option that really gives your system full potential for the best clean power for operation and clarity.

I run the 16v 100amp hour battery for powering all of my electronics and I’m very happy with the performance.

https://powerhouselithium.com/products/powerhouse-lithium-16v-40ah-deep-cycle-battery

They offer 15 YR WARRANTY FIRST 5 YEARS FREE REPLACEMENT[Linked Image]

Last edited by JBranham; 04/09/22 01:08 PM.
Re: another Battery Thread [Re: Lazy Ike] #14339055 04/09/22 02:40 PM
M
mossyback75 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
M
I had bought a 125ah ionic for cranking and all electronics/accessories and two 50ah ionics for my 24v Terrova. Sold the two 50ah and bought two 100ah Chins for the trolling motor. Dont think I will be lacking for power ever. Lithiums are boss. Wondering how much longer lead acid will be produced seeing how they are now obsolete. Looking forward to the next battery breakthrough. A single battery the size of a cell phone to power everything on the boat will be sweet. More than likely the outboard itself will go electric and have the capability to supply endless power to everything on board.

Re: another Battery Thread [Re: mossyback75] #14339060 04/09/22 02:44 PM
G
grout-scout Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted by mossyback75
I had bought a 125ah ionic for cranking and all electronics/accessories and two 50ah ionics for my 24v Terrova. Sold the two 50ah and bought two 100ah Chins for the trolling motor. Dont think I will be lacking for power ever. Lithiums are boss. Wondering how much longer lead acid will be produced seeing how they are now obsolete. Looking forward to the next battery breakthrough. A single battery the size of a cell phone to power everything on the boat will be sweet. More than likely the outboard itself will go electric and have the capability to supply endless power to everything on board.

Almost every vehicle in the world still uses lead acid batteries, I don’t see them going anywheres.

Re: another Battery Thread [Re: grout-scout] #14339068 04/09/22 02:59 PM
M
mossyback75 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
M
Originally Posted by grout-scout

Almost every vehicle in the world still uses lead acid batteries, I don’t see them going anywheres.

Everything used electric filament light bulbs forever too. Those days are over. Lead acid days are numbered as well. As soon as the prices dictate lead acid will become extinct.

Re: another Battery Thread [Re: mossyback75] #14339079 04/09/22 03:20 PM
G
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G

Everything used electric filament light bulbs forever too. Those days are over. Lead acid days are numbered as well. As soon as the prices dictate lead acid will become extinct.

I don’t see it, lithium’s don’t like to be fully charged all the time and their lifespan diminishes when they stay fully charged. I don’t see a way that they ever work in regular automobiles. This is one of the reasons why they don’t recommend lithiums for marine starting batteries. Now maybe lead acids are replaced by agms in vehicles at some point, but all manufacturers care about is cheap.

Supposedly Walmart is going to start carrying some lithiums for marine/rv service, should help lower the price.

I have read about some kind of new battery technology that will kill off lithiums already, but it’s over my head.

Edit: I’m not arguing that lead acid are better or anything, I just don’t see them going away anytime soon. Maybe their future in marine use is limited, but then agm takes their spot.

And this 16v battery thing, I just find odd. I know the claims, doubt it too.

Last edited by grout-scout; 04/09/22 03:27 PM.
Re: another Battery Thread [Re: grout-scout] #14339083 04/09/22 03:27 PM
M
mossyback75 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
M

I don’t see it, lithium’s don’t like to be fully charged all the time and their lifespan diminishes when they stay fully charged. I don’t see a way that they ever work in regular automobiles. This is one of the reasons why they don’t recommend lithiums for marine starting batteries. Now maybe lead acids are replaced by agms in vehicles at some point, but all manufacturers care about is cheap.

Supposedly Walmart is going to start carrying some lithiums for marine/rv service, should help lower the price.

I have read about some kind of new battery technology that will kill off lithiums already, but it’s over my head.

Edit: I’m not arguing that lead acid are better or anything, I just don’t see them going away anytime soon.

Aren't all electric vehicles lithium at the moment? Sees the technology is doing just fine. It's possible the batteries have built in regulators allowing the battery to remain protected from over or fully charging. Only makes sense.

Re: another Battery Thread [Re: mossyback75] #14339086 04/09/22 03:32 PM
G
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G

Aren't all electric vehicles lithium at the moment? Sees the technology is doing just fine. It's possible the batteries have built in regulators allowing the battery to remain protected from over or fully charging. Only makes sense.

Electric vehicles are mostly lithium, with some experimental new technologies. They don’t have a alternator giving them a constant state of charge while running.

There was a good post somewheres here a few weeks back about lithiums charging so fast that it strains alternators and makes them overheat.

Re: another Battery Thread [Re: grout-scout] #14339092 04/09/22 03:39 PM
M
mossyback75 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
M

Electric vehicles are mostly lithium, with some experimental new technologies. They don’t have a alternator giving them a constant state of charge while running.

There was a good post somewheres here a few weeks back about lithiums charging so fast that it strains alternators and makes them overheat.

Yeah. I'm no battery expert but you would think even an alternator could be regulated by a single chip to kick on and off based on the batteries needs. Lithiulms these days basically have a computer inside of each. Not up to speed on all the technology and current innovations but cannot see why that cannot be done.

Re: another Battery Thread [Re: mossyback75] #14339095 04/09/22 03:45 PM
G
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G
Yeah. I'm no battery expert but you would think even an alternator could be regulated by a single chip to kick on and off based on the batteries needs. Lithiulms these days basically have a computer inside of each. Not up to speed on all the technology and current innovations but cannot see why that cannot be done.

One would think they could do it. I was wondering a few months back, why didn’t trucks come with lithiums??? Wasn’t until someone explained the alternator thing, that it made sense. With all these new fuel mileage requirements set by the EPA, you’d think saving weight from batteries would be a no brainer. I have yet to see a lithium made for a gasoline/diesel vehicle, seems odd. I bought a lithium for my ATV and would buy them for my lawnmower, if they’d make one. Not sure why they don’t have them for lawnmowers, those batteries they come with suck.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide