Forums59
Topics1,038,961
Posts13,956,450
Members144,184
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: MLF canceled today on Texoma puts over 500 tournament boats on Texoma Saturday [Re: slim 285] #14338207 04/08/22 01:52 PM
J
JeffLStevens Offline
Angler
Angler
J
My son fishing THSBA and his partners dad and myself are the captains depending on which lake. It amazes me how many "outdoorsman" bad mouth the HS fishing effort. From the time I was a kid true outdoorsman have always talked about passing their love onto the next generation. Reading the negative comments on here is quite disappointing. My son loves the competitive side of fishing and he and his partner as well as both me and his partners Dad are making memories doing something we all love to do.....fish....and fish competitively. As far as inexperienced boat captains go, there are inexperienced people on the water every day....fisherman and pleasure boaters. Atleast these men/women are dedicating time to get these kids out on the water to enjoy something that I believe all of us on here love. I have fished tournaments for over 20 years now and can tell you that I have seen just as many asshats running a boat in non HS tournaments as I have in HS tournaments. Reading this thread makes me feel like there are a bunch of liberal whiny [censored] men on here complaining about something that they are not involved in but feel the need to bash. I think if there was one thing I would change about THSBA for safety reasons, it would be changing the start time that you can leave the ramp to take place at first light vs. 4 AM.....but then you also risk the "shotgun" start from a big ramp that can create hazards.

Maybe instead of complaining about THSBA, find a HS team that needs a good experienced captain and go spend some time with these kids on the water and help them learn the sport, boat safety, competitive fishing and help them have an enjoyable day. I know that takes more effort than whining on here....but it will be a lot more rewarding.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: MLF canceled today on Texoma puts over 500 tournament boats on Texoma Saturday [Re: JeffLStevens] #14338274 04/08/22 02:41 PM
G
grandbassslayer Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted by JeffLStevens
My son fishing THSBA and his partners dad and myself are the captains depending on which lake. It amazes me how many "outdoorsman" bad mouth the HS fishing effort. From the time I was a kid true outdoorsman have always talked about passing their love onto the next generation. Reading the negative comments on here is quite disappointing. My son loves the competitive side of fishing and he and his partner as well as both me and his partners Dad are making memories doing something we all love to do.....fish....and fish competitively. As far as inexperienced boat captains go, there are inexperienced people on the water every day....fisherman and pleasure boaters. Atleast these men/women are dedicating time to get these kids out on the water to enjoy something that I believe all of us on here love. I have fished tournaments for over 20 years now and can tell you that I have seen just as many asshats running a boat in non HS tournaments as I have in HS tournaments. Reading this thread makes me feel like there are a bunch of liberal whiny [censored] men on here complaining about something that they are not involved in but feel the need to bash. I think if there was one thing I would change about THSBA for safety reasons, it would be changing the start time that you can leave the ramp to take place at first light vs. 4 AM.....but then you also risk the "shotgun" start from a big ramp that can create hazards.

Maybe instead of complaining about THSBA, find a HS team that needs a good experienced captain and go spend some time with these kids on the water and help them learn the sport, boat safety, competitive fishing and help them have an enjoyable day. I know that takes more effort than whining on here....but it will be a lot more rewarding.

Jeff best of luck to you guys- I hope my son gets to do something like this when we his older, sounds like a lot of fun!

Re: MLF canceled today on Texoma puts over 500 tournament boats on Texoma Saturday [Re: slim 285] #14338314 04/08/22 03:21 PM
hopalong Online Confused
Pescador Loco
Online Confused
Pescador Loco
it's never the number of boats on a lake that are the problem, it's the idiots in some of them that will screw things up for all.

" Hop, set the hook"!
hopalong 99,999
TexDawg 99,999
FJB! not my president by a long shot!

lake fork FISHERMANS COVE MARINA/reservations - 903 474 7479
Re: MLF canceled today on Texoma puts over 500 tournament boats on Texoma Saturday [Re: JeffLStevens] #14338320 04/08/22 03:25 PM
hopalong Online Confused
Pescador Loco
Online Confused
Pescador Loco
Originally Posted by JeffLStevens

I have volunteered at a couple of the hs tournaments on fork, had a blast both times and everyone entered along with capts. were some good peeps. I would do it again without hesitation.

" Hop, set the hook"!
hopalong 99,999
TexDawg 99,999
FJB! not my president by a long shot!

lake fork FISHERMANS COVE MARINA/reservations - 903 474 7479
Re: MLF canceled today on Texoma puts over 500 tournament boats on Texoma Saturday [Re: WAWI] #14338347 04/08/22 04:10 PM
T
txmasterpo Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
T
Originally Posted by WAWI
The pro trails probably should consider avoiding texas because of the mess these high school tournies are causing. It's funny how quiet guys are on social media about them but every time I talk to a guy that has captained, and generally knows what they are doing, such as this week they immediately talk about the arse whipping the high school deal is. They enjoyed the kids but everything else about it made it a no go in the future. But is sells a few boats and combos from academy.....

you are not allowed to tell the truth about anything tournament related concerning really any tournament, but especially kids....growing the sport and all that pure stuff remember? you will get woke cancelled in a heart beat for being pissed at the rape of public natural resources by these bastions of sportsmanship.

http://www.trccovers.com

"I am large, I contain multitudes."

Walt Whitman
Re: MLF canceled today on Texoma puts over 500 tournament boats on Texoma Saturday [Re: slim 285] #14338368 04/08/22 04:26 PM
rickys Online Content
Angler
Online Content
Angler
I've had some issues being a boat captain, and I've had some great times. My one suggestion would be to get these tournaments down to no more than 100 boats per tournament. I think a lot of the issues spur from just a lot of boats on lakes where it's tough to support that amount of fishing pressure. I've actually gotten my girls away from school fishing, and we are just fishing local club type stuff now and they seem to be enjoying that more. They ask to go do these, and never ask to go do the school stuff anymore.

Re: MLF canceled today on Texoma puts over 500 tournament boats on Texoma Saturday [Re: txmasterpo] #14338372 04/08/22 04:30 PM
J
J.P. Greeson Online Content
the janitor
Online Content
the janitor
J
Originally Posted by txmasterpo
The pro trails probably should consider avoiding texas because of the mess these high school tournies are causing. It's funny how quiet guys are on social media about them but every time I talk to a guy that has captained, and generally knows what they are doing, such as this week they immediately talk about the arse whipping the high school deal is. They enjoyed the kids but everything else about it made it a no go in the future. But is sells a few boats and combos from academy.....

you are not allowed to tell the truth about anything tournament related concerning really any tournament, but especially kids....growing the sport and all that pure stuff remember? you will get woke cancelled in a heart beat for being pissed at the rape of public natural resources by these bastions of sportsmanship.

Personally, my best days on the water are taking kids fishing. I love getting my nephews and nieces on fish. Their excitement reminds me of when I was a kid getting on my first good fish. Things are getting really backwards when you are comparing something like WOKE to taking a youngster fishing.

The solution to any problem - work, love, money, whatever - is to go fishing, and the worse the problem, the longer the trip should be. --John Gierach

[Linked Image]
Re: MLF canceled today on Texoma puts over 500 tournament boats on Texoma Saturday [Re: slim 285] #14338379 04/08/22 04:42 PM
Brian Spagnola Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
In ten years I think i might have clicked on the Bass section less than 20 times. It just hits a little different in here LOL. I think the idea of the HS series sounds awesome, but I don't have any skin in the game. It just seems like guys in 100k rigs, 80k boats can figure out how to catch fish with a few kids around trying to get to that next level.

Re: MLF canceled today on Texoma puts over 500 tournament boats on Texoma Saturday [Re: txmasterpo] #14338422 04/08/22 05:38 PM
G
grandbassslayer Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted by txmasterpo

Are you suggesting that too many people on the lake fishing is bad for the resource?

Re: MLF canceled today on Texoma puts over 500 tournament boats on Texoma Saturday [Re: Alpha199] #14338514 04/08/22 07:32 PM
A
avid_basser Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
A
Originally Posted by Alpha199
I was out there in the wind today and caught them good. only reason I went is because i saw that they cancelled the MLF tourney and I'm glad I did.

wopics

Re: MLF canceled today on Texoma puts over 500 tournament boats on Texoma Saturday [Re: grandbassslayer] #14338635 04/08/22 09:49 PM
P
pchapin Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
P
Originally Posted by grandbassslayer
Originally Posted by slim 285
This is going to get interesting for the high school boys after MLF books on top of them .

MLF books on top of them…😆

Why do people post stuff like this..

Ignorance

“No reasonable person would conclude that the statements were truly statements of fact”
P01135809
Re: MLF canceled today on Texoma puts over 500 tournament boats on Texoma Saturday [Re: pchapin] #14338640 04/08/22 10:04 PM
Mark Jones Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted by pchapin
This is going to get interesting for the high school boys after MLF books on top of them .

Ignorance

That's not the case at all, when you schedule the number of events that the MLF group schedules across the Toyota's, BFL's, College and High School there's simply no way to avoid everyone and everything. At least twice a year they schedule over us and we have 400-600 boats on the lake depending on the event. It is what it is. There's only so many open weekends and dates for TD's and we can only control our Trails.

Re: MLF canceled today on Texoma puts over 500 tournament boats on Texoma Saturday [Re: WAWI] #14338644 04/08/22 10:16 PM
D
Douglas J Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D

The only thing I wish about HS fishing is that I would have founded the trails.

That could be a cash cow if marketed and ran correctly.

#MFGA
Re: MLF canceled today on Texoma puts over 500 tournament boats on Texoma Saturday [Re: Mark Jones] #14338700 04/08/22 11:26 PM
206champion Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Mark Jones
Originally Posted by pchapin

Ignorance

That's not the case at all, when you schedule the number of events that the MLF group schedules across the Toyota's, BFL's, College and High School there's simply no way to avoid everyone and everything. At least twice a year they schedule over us and we have 400-600 boats on the lake depending on the event. It is what it is. There's only so many open weekends and dates for TD's and we can only control our Trails.

Re: MLF canceled today on Texoma puts over 500 tournament boats on Texoma Saturday [Re: slim 285] #14338704 04/08/22 11:30 PM
206champion Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
I think you are correct Mark there’s only so many open Saturdays I bet Texoma will be okay a little crowded but ok hopefully everyone uses there heads a is safe.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide