Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: MLF Heavy Hitters, Palestine [Re: Lone_Wolf] #14335829 04/06/22 04:46 AM
Top Waters Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
I am a HS captain fishing Texoma on Saturday and this has been my first year in tournament fishing. I have just been an avid fork guy for over 20 years. To hear some of you guys complain about not wanting to see the sport grow really disappoints me and clearly shows signs of selFISHness. When I see one of those kids land a good fish in the net and they jump up and down fist pumping and giving each other high 5's that is all the reason I need to do what I am doing. Seeing how the boys have grown as fishermen since last fall is really impressive. They could barely cast without backlashing every cast, now they are talking strategy and trying to "pattern" fish. We still don't have a clue, but they are learning how to approach a lake and only a matter of time before they figure it out. One thing they are learning is to be courteous to other boats, competitors, and to not be selFISH like some of you turds.

As for the OP, 10.78.

As for us, I hope they catch at least one fish so I can see them excited. It's pretty cool. flush

GO -------> fish

"Spit in his mouth, Son. It will make him grow bigger faster"
My late grandfather Bill Chapman (and former lake patrolman at Lake Tyler, TX)
I have spent the past 50 years spitting in their mouths...increasing the size of Texas fish with every spit!

P.B. 9.4 lbs - Lake Fork
2018 Skeeter ZX250 Yamaha 250 SHO
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: MLF Heavy Hitters, Palestine [Re: Top Waters] #14335843 04/06/22 09:29 AM
D
Dubee Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by Top Waters
I am a HS captain fishing Texoma on Saturday and this has been my first year in tournament fishing. I have just been an avid fork guy for over 20 years. To hear some of you guys complain about not wanting to see the sport grow really disappoints me and clearly shows signs of selFISHness. When I see one of those kids land a good fish in the net and they jump up and down fist pumping and giving each other high 5's that is all the reason I need to do what I am doing. Seeing how the boys have grown as fishermen since last fall is really impressive. They could barely cast without backlashing every cast, now they are talking strategy and trying to "pattern" fish. We still don't have a clue, but they are learning how to approach a lake and only a matter of time before they figure it out. One thing they are learning is to be courteous to other boats, competitors, and to not be selFISH like some of you turds.

As for the OP, 10.78.

As for us, I hope they catch at least one fish so I can see them excited. It's pretty cool. flush

I'm absolutely selfish. Screw growing the sport

Re: MLF Heavy Hitters, Palestine [Re: Lone_Wolf] #14335869 04/06/22 11:01 AM
B
bloo_rainger Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
B
I’m thinking the price to play is going to purge the system by 25%.
I could be wrong.

Re: MLF Heavy Hitters, Palestine [Re: Dubee] #14335929 04/06/22 12:34 PM
G
grout-scout Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted by Dubee

As for the OP, 10.78.

I'm absolutely selfish. Screw growing the sport

roflmao

Re: MLF Heavy Hitters, Palestine [Re: slim 285] #14336028 04/06/22 01:57 PM
M
McLovin’ Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
M
Originally Posted by slim 285
I can’t believe MLF did not move the final day to lake Tyler

ok, one more time, for those NOT paying attention to the dates of these tournaments

SATURDAY 4/9 is the first day of MLF and also the THSBA Reginals on Palestine ....HEAVY HITTERS GOES UNTIL THURSDAY...THE HIGHSCHOOL KIDS WILL NOT BE ON THE LAKE FOR 5 DAYS STRAIGHT....THE MLF GUYS WILL BE JUST FINE...

Hope they don't go to Tylet the last day....that will be a let down after starting here. I can see them going to another smaller local lake though- several good ones to choose from

Re: MLF Heavy Hitters, Palestine [Re: McLovin’] #14336082 04/06/22 02:24 PM
L
Lone_Wolf Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
L
Originally Posted by McLovin’
Originally Posted by slim 285
I can’t believe MLF did not move the final day to lake Tyler

ok, one more time, for those NOT paying attention to the dates of these tournaments

SATURDAY 4/9 is the first day of MLF and also the THSBA Reginals on Palestine ....HEAVY HITTERS GOES UNTIL THURSDAY...THE HIGHSCHOOL KIDS WILL NOT BE ON THE LAKE FOR 5 DAYS STRAIGHT....THE MLF GUYS WILL BE JUST FINE...

Hope they don't go to Tylet the last day....that will be a let down after starting here. I can see them going to another smaller local lake though- several good ones to choose from

LOL I don't think they can get it through their thick skull MLF does not have 1 day tournaments.

Re: MLF Heavy Hitters, Palestine [Re: Lone_Wolf] #14336364 04/06/22 06:29 PM
W
Wfo4x4 Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
W
im a captin and i can say that we will give a pro the same respect as we would any other angler. But nothing special they are fishing for money the kids are fishing for a spot to for state tourniment so if we are fishing a area we are not going to leave just because a pro is in the area.

Re: MLF Heavy Hitters, Palestine [Re: Top Waters] #14336394 04/06/22 07:08 PM
M
mossyback75 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
M

As for the OP, 10.78.

If it continues the way it is going there will be no more high fives for kids or adults unless you are high fiving someone in the 10 boats five feet away from yours.

Re: MLF Heavy Hitters, Palestine [Re: Lone_Wolf] #14336419 04/06/22 07:24 PM
J
J.H.S. Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
J
For me it isn't so much growing the sport, it is the direction the sport is growing. Gone are the days of the good ole boy, being replaced by the rude, selfish, look-at-me guy who needs a Tuesday afternoon action shot to feel good about himself. And those are the guys that our youth entering the sport are trying to emulate. The respect for the sport is slowly being phased out and replaced by the selfish, money-hungry, win-at-all-cost tournament fisherman.

Live Daringly, Boldy, and Fearlessly....Embrace the Challenge So That You May Feel the Exhiliration of Victory.

Re: MLF Heavy Hitters, Palestine [Re: J.H.S.] #14336439 04/06/22 07:43 PM
Brent S Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by J.H.S.
For me it isn't so much growing the sport, it is the direction the sport is growing. Gone are the days of the good ole boy, being replaced by the rude, selfish, look-at-me guy who needs a Tuesday afternoon action shot to feel good about himself. And those are the guys that our youth entering the sport are trying to emulate. The respect for the sport is slowly being phased out and replaced by the selfish, money-hungry, win-at-all-cost tournament fisherman.

I am money hungry so I try and make an effort to not fish so many tournaments and give my money away.

Re: MLF Heavy Hitters, Palestine [Re: Lone_Wolf] #14337683 04/07/22 09:10 PM
D
Douglas J Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D
They have a chance for a 13+ with the conditions

#MFGA
Re: MLF Heavy Hitters, Palestine [Re: Douglas J] #14337760 04/07/22 10:22 PM
K
Ken Starling Online Happy
TFF Team Angler
Online Happy
TFF Team Angler
K
I agree . It should put some big ones out this weekend.
Originally Posted by Douglas J

Re: MLF Heavy Hitters, Palestine [Re: Ken Starling] #14337794 04/07/22 11:05 PM
D
Douglas J Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D
Originally Posted by Ken Starling

When those fish get ready to do their thing they get mean on that lake. I bet y'all will have some noice sacks weighed in.

#MFGA
Re: MLF Heavy Hitters, Palestine [Re: Douglas J] #14337816 04/07/22 11:32 PM
K
Ken Starling Online Happy
TFF Team Angler
Online Happy
TFF Team Angler
K
Yea, I am guessing 25# to win
Originally Posted by Ken Starling

When those fish get ready to do their thing they get mean on that lake. I bet y'all will have some noice sacks weighed in.

Re: MLF Heavy Hitters, Palestine [Re: Lone_Wolf] #14339105 04/09/22 04:03 PM
Mark Perry Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
Looks like Palestine has been pretty tough on the BPT guys so far today. I bet they figure it out though.

Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide