Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Zack Birge [Re: Mark Jones] #14333558 04/03/22 06:22 PM
F
Frank the Tank Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
F
Originally Posted by Mark Jones
Not a good look to make that post, keep collecting/calling but don't take that business to social. Play the long game and take the high road.

I respectfully disagree. IF, and I stress IF, he has asked numerous times and tried to take the high road and nothing has happened, then I support him 100% in his pursuit of monies owed to him to him by whatever means necessary. Social Meedjuh is a powerful tool that he can be used to sell baits for a company. I’m sure if this company wasn’t giving him the run around, and the relationship were in good standing, they would have no issue with him using social meedjuh to sell their baits. Why is it not OK for him to use it for monies owed to him by said company? It has to work both ways. The company has a responsibility and obligation to keep up their end of the bargain as well. To many people are worried about tarnishing their image and get run over and want to kiss up to every fishing industry company. That’s not how it should work. If a company isn’t doing right, they should be called out if people have tried and tried to get monies owed to them with no result. It works both ways. Birge holds the power as he is the means for marketing baits and tackle and an up and coming young hammer …. not the bait company. IF, and again IF, he has tried the nice way, then too bad for the bait company. Don’t be a clown show. Maybe if of some of these people quit kissing the bait companies azzes they wouldn’t screw people over. But we live in a society where wanna-be pros will do dumb-azz stuff like put a wrap for a bait or tackle company, a forum or a tourney trail on their boat when they have ZERO affiliation with that organization. It’s just fun to “play pro fisherman” and make people believe you’re a pro and “look at me!! I’m such a stud “pro” fisherman!”……. SMH

Jesus loves all of us
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Zack Birge [Re: Douglas J] #14333570 04/03/22 07:08 PM
D
Douglas J Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
D
Originally Posted by Douglas J
So how much can an angler like Birge make from sponsorships yearly?

Serious question, what range does an angler in his position make in a year from sponsors?

$20K, $50K, $100K?

#MFGA
Re: Zack Birge [Re: Douglas J] #14333587 04/03/22 07:52 PM
G
grandbassslayer Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
G

Serious question, what range does an angler in his position make in a year from sponsors?

$20K, $50K, $100K?

In actual cash payments? I’d be surprised if it exceeded 20k- but I have no clue.

Re: Zack Birge [Re: grandbassslayer] #14333665 04/03/22 09:55 PM
D
Douglas J Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
D
Originally Posted by grandbassslayer

$20K, $50K, $100K?

In actual cash payments? I’d be surprised if it exceeded 20k- but I have no clue.

Most of those guys have very nice houses, shops, toys and some expensive off season hobbies. I bet it's more than most of us realize or they all have very good 2nd incomes.

#MFGA
Re: Zack Birge [Re: Douglas J] #14333672 04/03/22 10:04 PM
Walls Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler

$20K, $50K, $100K?

Most of those guys have very nice houses, shops, toys and some expensive off season hobbies. I bet it's more than most of us realize or they all have very good 2nd incomes.

My take is that it has been pretty well established in previous discussions that a lot of these guys (not all) have money to start with. Some own successful companies, some have wealthy spouses, etc.

Re: Zack Birge [Re: LeonSulak] #14333684 04/03/22 10:17 PM
G
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
G
Also being young and in debt.

Re: Zack Birge [Re: grandbassslayer] #14333703 04/03/22 10:39 PM
D
Douglas J Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
D

So in one response you say you doubt they make more than $20K a year off sponsorships and another that they have very nice things and have expensive hobbies because they are in debt and young?

Do you understand how one is extended credit? Someone making less than $20K off their sponsors a year can't really get too far into debt and certainly would not have been able to finance toys, nice houses and expensive hobbies.

noidea

#MFGA
Re: Zack Birge [Re: Douglas J] #14333716 04/03/22 11:06 PM
M
MagFluker Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
M

So in one response you say you doubt they make more than $20K a year off sponsorships and another that they have very nice things and have expensive hobbies because they are in debt and young?

Do you understand how one is extended credit? Someone making less than $20K off their sponsors a year can't really get too far into debt and certainly would not have been able to finance toys, nice houses and expensive hobbies.

noidea

Yea, it's called Proof of Income, can't get a mortgage without it nowadays

Kyle in NC

PB 11.1

Re: Zack Birge [Re: LeonSulak] #14333786 04/04/22 12:25 AM
F
Fishspanker Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
F
Huge variation on what the pros make from maxing credit to doing pretty well. Highly dependent on sponsorships. Sponsorships vary from just prioritize to serious money.

Also many have another line of income such as a spouse or business. Some even have family money. Most start out barely getting by or going into debt. Read the story about Brandon Palanuik making “tomato soup” out of McDonalds ketchup and water while sleeping in the back of the truck.

If you handle business issues talking them out then go to court for failure to meet terms of contract or just move on. No potential Sponsor is going to appreciate you airing things out on the internet.

Last edited by Fishspanker; 04/04/22 12:28 AM.

The Sheep who only fears the Wolf is eaten by the Shepherd.
Re: Zack Birge [Re: Douglas J] #14333797 04/04/22 12:36 AM
G
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
G

noidea

I am saying a joe can make 100k and have lots of nice stuff but not really own any of it. It’s typical when your young to have new house, cars etc and making lots of payments. Yeah I know a broad brush but he insinuated in his post he had lots of payments.

Re: Zack Birge [Re: Fishspanker] #14333808 04/04/22 12:49 AM
D
Dubee Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by Fishspanker
Huge variation on what the pros make from maxing credit to doing pretty well. Highly dependent on sponsorships. Sponsorships vary from just prioritize to serious money.

Also many have another line of income such as a spouse or business. Some even have family money. Most start out barely getting by or going into debt. Read the story about Brandon Palanuik making “tomato soup” out of McDonalds ketchup and water while sleeping in the back of the truck.

If you handle business issues talking them out then go to court for failure to meet terms of contract or just move on. No potential Sponsor is going to appreciate you airing things out on the internet.

Do you actually believe stories like that about Brandon? I got some beach front property to sell you

Re: Zack Birge [Re: LeonSulak] #14333929 04/04/22 04:15 AM
C
cephusjoe Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
C
This is easy, if it’s in his contract he should get paid. The sponsor that agreed should assume it would go public if they didn’t hold their end of the deal. Come guys. All this high road bull stuff…… 3 months is more than enough patience

Last edited by cephusjoe; 04/04/22 04:19 AM.

Mcurtain county okie
Re: Zack Birge [Re: LeonSulak] #14333930 04/04/22 04:20 AM
B
b00stin4 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
I'm surprised it's still going strong in Facebook

Dynosaur Performance
Legend alpha 211
Turbo Honda 8.51@179
Re: Zack Birge [Re: Dubee] #14333987 04/04/22 12:27 PM
T
Tx Tree Grower Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Originally Posted by Dubee
Originally Posted by Fishspanker

Do you actually believe stories like that about Brandon? I got some beach front property to sell you

I don't know about the tomato soup, but I can assure you he is right on the fact that "no potential sponsor is going to appreciate you airing things out on the internet". I get being angry about a contract dispute. Lord knows I have had plenty of those through the years with various business deals, but there is a right way and a wrong way for an adult to handle those. Facebook isn't the way. Birge is good, but right or wrong this will make the sponsorship game harder for him.

Re: Zack Birge [Re: Douglas J] #14334006 04/04/22 12:53 PM
B
beartrap Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
B

$20K, $50K, $100K?

back in the mid 80's,a well known fisherman told me his deal with Bass pro shops was a free nitro boat and $85,000. per year....he named another pro who got $125,000 and free boat from Bass pro.....keep in mind several of the pros have made enough money to buy nice ranches and really nice homes so don't underestimate the sponsorship money...another pro recently said "I haven't paid an entry fee in 40 years" and that would amount to $40-50,000 per year....

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide