Print Thread
How I Fry Channel Catfish Cajun Style #14332090 04/01/22 11:44 AM
M
MathGeek Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
M

�Which of you, if your son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake?" - The Messiah
Wet Rooster Jigs Fishing Super Store
Re: How I Fry Channel Catfish Cajun Style [Re: MathGeek] #14332110 04/01/22 12:15 PM
🍀El Gato Azul🍀 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
I thought your previous post said why I don’t fry catfish? hmmm

There is a fine line between fishing and floating around like an idiot!!
texas Check out out my YouTube channel El Gato Azul TV texas
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCg0aV-uOxzxKxeqFFfREzKg
⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️ Home of little boys holding big catfish! ⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️
Re: How I Fry Channel Catfish Cajun Style [Re: MathGeek] #14332544 04/01/22 07:32 PM
S
sapalmer Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
S
Fried is good. I fried up some yellow cat last sunday in peanut oil. It was great tasting fish but I get a fried food hangover these days. I smoked some belly meat on monday with salt lick rub and honey pecan sauce. It was so much better.

[Linked Image]

Re: How I Fry Channel Catfish Cajun Style [Re: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀] #14333423 04/03/22 02:23 PM
J
jackiekennedyfishingguide Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
J
Originally Posted by 🍀El Gato Azul🍀

I've noticed the same thing about the man, just whatever suits his fancy. Don't eat it and then putting a recipe on how to prepare it. Don't do as I do, do as I say do. Good Christian ethics...

903-603-3793
Clients or I have landed eight state record fish and eighteen water body records.
TPWD Elite Angler
[Linked Image]
jackiekennedyfishingguide

Re: How I Fry Channel Catfish Cajun Style [Re: jackiekennedyfishingguide] #14333951 04/04/22 10:44 AM
M
MathGeek Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
M
Originally Posted by jackiekennedyfishingguide

I've noticed the same thing about the man, just whatever suits his fancy. Don't eat it and then putting a recipe on how to prepare it. Don't do as I do, do as I say do. Good Christian ethics...

Yes, I did a video a couple months ago about why I don't eat fried catfish.

Do you recall the scene in "Quigley Down Under" where Quigley schools Marsten on the difference between not having use for a pistol and not knowing how to use it?

I grew up in New Orleans restaurant kitchens, often as a fry cook. Just because I don't eat much fried food doesn't mean I don't know how to cook it or that I'm not interested in serving others with my knowledge.

If you actually watched my earlier video, you'd know that I ended by saying, "Come to think if it, I should probably add a few videos on frying fish to better serve younger families and folks who need to feed larger groups. God willing, I’ll do that."

As we aspire to be more like Jesus, we do the things we said we would do, even if it leads to unfounded criticism.

Last edited by MathGeek; 04/04/22 10:45 AM.

�Which of you, if your son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake?" - The Messiah
Re: How I Fry Channel Catfish Cajun Style [Re: MathGeek] #14335108 04/05/22 02:39 PM
🍀El Gato Azul🍀 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
I wouldn’t worry about it too much Mathgeek. A lot is lost in translation from social media I think. Jacky is a well respected and well liked guy and his old school mentality is one of practice what you preach. I think he was just joking in a since at your expense. I certainly wasn’t criticizing you. More like joking or giving you a jab. I haven’t see Quigley Down Under in 20 some odd years either! Lol. Your doing a good job and living a Christian life is respectable. Guys are going to give you the business whenever your content contradicts your previous content but in the grand scheme of things it’s just entertainment. I can only imagine what folks would say if I put out a video of how to clean a big fish after talking about big fish conservation so much. One thing that is guaranteed, when you put yourself out there on social media like we both do, there are going to be a few folks that just don’t like you for whatever reason. It’s sometime hurtful when your trying to help people but it’s just part of the game and a sign of the world we live in. Keep trying to help and make a positive impact and everything will take care of itself. God bless and tight lines!

Last edited by 🍀El Gato Azul🍀; 04/05/22 03:26 PM.

There is a fine line between fishing and floating around like an idiot!!
texas Check out out my YouTube channel El Gato Azul TV texas
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCg0aV-uOxzxKxeqFFfREzKg
⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️ Home of little boys holding big catfish! ⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️
Re: How I Fry Channel Catfish Cajun Style [Re: MathGeek] #14335677 04/06/22 01:33 AM
G
Gato Azul Offline
Angler
Angler
G
I used to do a lot of presentations. I would show the audience a slide that said "I kill cats and eat them". (I've been wanting to get a t-shirt done with that on it!) I asked them what they would think of me if I said that. On the next slide I then showed a picture of me with a bunch of catfish we had caught that day. The message there was that you have to understand the terminology and context to really understand what is being communicated!!

Last edited by Gato Azul; 04/06/22 01:34 AM.

Live each day like it's your last because one day you'll be right!
Re: How I Fry Channel Catfish Cajun Style [Re: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀] #14338132 04/08/22 01:09 PM
M
MathGeek Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
M
I wouldn’t worry about it too much Mathgeek.

Yes, I get that. But I love the Quigley scene, because it gives a great answer to the question I often hear as a math teacher, "When am I ever going to need to know this?"

We do well to be able to know and even teach things we might not imagine we'd need, whether it is the quadratic formula, frying catfish, or using a pistol. Life is going to put us in a lot of situations we might not anticipate.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide