Forums59
Topics1,039,125
Posts13,959,633
Members144,192
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Sociology Editorial: Of Ring Cams, and the "Other" [Re: RayBob] #14330404 03/30/22 05:10 PM
U
UTDmiller Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
U
Originally Posted by RayBob
It's is the ever-growing "It's all about me" movement.

People get offended because they feel like someone's dog dropping a duce in their "pristine" yard disrespects them. Personally I think it will dry, decompose, and fertilize within 3-4 days.

Selflessness is a dying character trait. I could easily move this to a religious discussion but will avert it simply saying the higher calling is to love your brother as yourself. Obviously that means going the extra mile in being good to and lifting up your fellow human beings. What you are describing is not that.

The irony is that the first statement goes both ways, "i dont want to pick up poop" is an all about "me" selfish act. Your dog, your responsibility. Cant handle it? Dont get a dog... now that said, these karens are getting weird with their ring door bells

John Miller
Re: Sociology Editorial: Of Ring Cams, and the "Other" [Re: Dan90210 ☮] #14330409 03/30/22 05:15 PM
Y
YEE_YEE Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Y
Is it okay to pick it up bare handed and throw it in street ? Asking for a friend ..

Last edited by YEE_YEE; 03/30/22 05:15 PM.
Re: Sociology Editorial: Of Ring Cams, and the "Other" [Re: RayBob] #14330410 03/30/22 05:15 PM
Hard Rain Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru

People get offended because they feel like someone's dog dropping a duce in their "pristine" yard disrespects them. Personally I think it will dry, decompose, and fertilize within 3-4 days.

Selflessness is a dying character trait. I could easily move this to a religious discussion but will avert it simply saying the higher calling is to love your brother as yourself. Obviously that means going the extra mile in being good to and lifting up your fellow human beings. What you are describing is not that.

Dog poop is not fertilzer like cow manure due to their diet. It is actually bad for your lawn to let it decompose.

Re: Sociology Editorial: Of Ring Cams, and the "Other" [Re: YEE_YEE] #14330421 03/30/22 05:23 PM
S
Sawhorse Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by YEE_YEE
Is it okay to pick it up bare handed and throw it in street ? Asking for a friend ..

I don’t know if it’s okay…but it’s darn sure what I do!

Re: Sociology Editorial: Of Ring Cams, and the "Other" [Re: Floon Swenson] #14330422 03/30/22 05:24 PM
R
RayBob Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
R
Originally Posted by Floon Swenson
Originally Posted by MBradford

No, it's the "I don't want to step in your dog's movement, and track it inside my house" movement.

I was going to say something similar. I don't have dogs, so the last thing I want to do is get dog sh** on my shoes in my own front lawn.

I don't know anything about this Nextdoor.com intel op that goes on behind the scenes, but if I catch someone not picking up after their dog in my yard, we'll have a few words to be sure.

Take your damn shoes off at the door, it works for the Japs and other civilized folks that like to keep the inside of their houses clean. Otherwise watch where you're walking.

All these 1st world problems. I also think living in a metropolitan area squeezed in with millions of other poor souls contributes to this need to find something to be pissed-off about. Freeway idiots, being spied on by the doorbell, neighbors allowing their dog to drop a deuce in your yard. I am glad I live in the middle of 50 acres.

I have a second thought from the bottom of my soft heart: Poor dogs, have to live in houses and then take a [censored] while restrained by the neck with folks watching. Damn demeaning life for man's' best friend.

Advice? Wise men don't need it. Fools won't heed it.

Re: Sociology Editorial: Of Ring Cams, and the "Other" [Re: Hard Rain] #14330425 03/30/22 05:26 PM
R
RayBob Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
R
Originally Posted by Hard Rain

Dog poop is not fertilzer like cow manure due to their diet. It is actually bad for your lawn to let it decompose.

Thanks for that.

Re: Sociology Editorial: Of Ring Cams, and the "Other" [Re: Dan90210 ☮] #14330426 03/30/22 05:27 PM
TexDawg Online Content
Top Dawg
Online Content
Top Dawg
Why not let your dog poo in your own yard? Oh, because the owner doesn’t want dog poo in their own yard, they want it in somebody else’s yard

Re: Sociology Editorial: Of Ring Cams, and the "Other" [Re: TexDawg] #14330444 03/30/22 05:38 PM
S
Sawhorse Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by TexDawg
Why not let your dog poo in your own yard? Oh, because the owner doesn’t want dog poo in their own yard, they want it in somebody else’s yard

I really don’t care about my dog’s poo being on my lawn…I just like triggering people.

Re: Sociology Editorial: Of Ring Cams, and the "Other" [Re: Dan90210 ☮] #14330478 03/30/22 06:13 PM
C
Canino Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
C
It's very popular to be outraged right now. If you're not part of an "aggrieved" group and there's nothing for you to really be outraged about, you have to make something up.

It used to be that your voice only reached as far as your social circle - your immediate family, friends, maybe people at church or school. Those people kept you in check because you got instant feedback on whatever you said, and the feedback was valuable because it consisted of body language, facial expressions, voice tone, etc. Now anyone with a phone can tell 1000 nearby strangers that some guy was walking his dog without waving plastic baggies around for all to see, and the outrage machine goes into high gear. The only real feedback is basically an agree upvote or a disagree downvote, and it's easy to ignore the downvotes because it's just a screen they're seeing, not a person in front of them with a disapproving expression. It's an automatic echo chamber, validating the outrage and setting them up for the next one.

People feeding into it by following someone with ring cam pics, charting the route, etc. - those are just people with nothing better to do. Their lives are so comfortable and boring that they have to find something to occupy their time, so they might as well contribute so they can be part of the outraged group.

Re: Sociology Editorial: Of Ring Cams, and the "Other" [Re: Dan90210 ☮] #14330498 03/30/22 06:30 PM
TexDawg Online Content
Top Dawg
Online Content
Top Dawg
Oh no doubt the using ring cams and social media to catch dog doo offenders is over the top. But a little face to face discussion if caught in the act is ok

Re: Sociology Editorial: Of Ring Cams, and the "Other" [Re: Hard Rain] #14330544 03/30/22 07:09 PM
J
Jon Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
J

Speaking of that, what happened to the dog food from the 60's that caused the dog poop to quit turning white after a short while? Those white ones that you never see anymore would darn sure fertilize the grass. If you left them lay long enough, the grass immediately around them would be noticibaly greener than the rest of the yard.

After the turning white phase they would melt into the yard and go away. I blame the non-white dog poop delima for all this current hubub stirring up trouble with the ring camera spy network.

Re: Sociology Editorial: Of Ring Cams, and the "Other" [Re: Jon] #14330574 03/30/22 07:35 PM
R
RayBob Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
R
Originally Posted by Jon

Speaking of that, what happened to the dog food from the 60's that caused the dog poop to quit turning white after a short while? Those white ones that you never see anymore would darn sure fertilize the grass. If you left them lay long enough, the grass immediately around them would be noticibaly greener than the rest of the yard.

After the turning white phase they would melt into the yard and go away. I blame the non-white dog poop delima for all this current hubub stirring up trouble with the ring camera spy network.

Interesting and mysterious observation

Re: Sociology Editorial: Of Ring Cams, and the "Other" [Re: Dan90210 ☮] #14330584 03/30/22 07:39 PM
Dan90210 ☮ Offline OP
Jr Deputy Dan
OP Offline
Jr Deputy Dan
My Sociology Editorial has literally turned to [censored].

Re: Sociology Editorial: Of Ring Cams, and the "Other" [Re: Hard Rain] #14330587 03/30/22 07:40 PM
S
Sawhorse Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
S
Dog poop is not fertilzer like cow manure due to their diet.

You mean “doo” to their diet.

Re: Sociology Editorial: Of Ring Cams, and the "Other" [Re: Dan90210 ☮] #14330591 03/30/22 07:47 PM
R
ReelBusy Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
R
Who cleans up after the dingos?

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide